Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

How do you counter Ring of Peace as a melee?

I already asked in the monk forums. No response. Is there any legitimate way? All a monk has to do is wait for you to pop your cooldowns and then you do.. what? Is Blizzard really encouraging CC chains that last long enough to get a kill? Because that seems like the only way to avoid it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last I saw it functions as a disarm thus sharing the DR with abilities such as dismantle, grapple weapon and disarm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not everything was built with a way to counter it, I say just try to run away from it as much as you can...

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Last I saw it functions as a disarm thus sharing the DR with abilities such as dismantle, grapple weapon and disarm.
    You are disarmed in the ring no matter what, it has no DR duration, as far as I know of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Is Blizzard really encouraging CC chains that last long enough to get a kill?
    Boy would PvP suck otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends, what class do you people? It does not hurt ww/feral that much and dk/shama can still cast things, warrior/rogue/hunters are somewhat screwed though, or maybe i heard rogues can use their throwing weapon if they get disarmed?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is purposely intending monks to be an anti melee class. They used to be worse on the ptr, but I feel like they've been nerfed on ptr. They don't survive as much as they used to. Before it was bad, felt like I was disarmed and stunned every 10 seconds.

Maybe I'm just fighting bad monks on the ptr, but the class feels balanced to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    I already asked in the monk forums. No response. Is there any legitimate way? All a monk has to do is wait for you to pop your cooldowns and then you do.. what? Is Blizzard really encouraging CC chains that last long enough to get a kill? Because that seems like the only way to avoid it.
    How do you counter Disarm?
    How do you counter Frost Trap when your trinket is on CD?
    How do you counter Counterspell?
    How do you counter Psychic Scream into tendrils?
    How do you counter Fear into Mesmerize?
    How do you counter Dismantle?
    How do you counter Lay on Hands?
    How do you counter Typhoon into Cyclone into Cyclone into Cyclone into Root into Disorient into Root into Cyclone?
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    How do you counter Typhoon into Cyclone into Cyclone into Cyclone into Root into Disorient into Root into Cyclone?
    That's just stupid. All that you mentioned can be countered by a trinket or trinket/dispel

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    That's just stupid. All that you mentioned can be countered by a trinket or trinket/dispel
    Lol, disarm with dispel/trinket you say. Lay on Hands also countered by trinket. x_x

10+ Year Old Account
    Attack someone else for the duration of his ring of peace? its not like a 3v3 arena team is going to bring 12 monks and thereby rendering you to be useless?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valium104 View Post
    Lol, disarm with dispel/trinket you say. Lay on Hands also countered by trinket. x_x
    Trinket counters disarm. Lay on hands isnt usable in any competetive pvp environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Syenite View Post
    Attack someone else for the duration of his ring of peace? its not like a 3v3 arena team is going to bring 12 monks and thereby rendering you to be useless?
    I answered a stupid post. The OP asks a question. Someone derails the thread by comparing apples to oranges.

1) Dodge/Parry
    2) Intervene, Druid charge on friendly target, Shadowstep, Grounding, and any other form of eating traps(even with pets)
    3) Fakecast, Grounding, All immune to interrupt spells(Spiritwalkers grace with pvp 4piece, aura mastery inner focus)
    4) Tremor Berserker's rage lichborne AMS Cloak of shadows and freedom for tendrils
    5) same as above
    6) same as 1)
    7) not available in arena but Necrotic strike and stuns
    8) AMS Cloak of shadows and any gapcloser/interrupt works on 1 level arenas+ LoS obviously.

Happy? Now look at how many counters RoP has, only deathgrip so far, and that requires significant outplaying of said monk. LEARN THE GAME.
    afflocks that cry about balance in pvp make me sad.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdragon View Post
    1) Dodge/Parry
    2) Intervene, Druid charge on friendly target, Shadowstep, Grounding, and any other form of eating traps(even with pets)
    3) Fakecast, Grounding, All immune to interrupt spells(Spiritwalkers grace with pvp 4piece, aura mastery inner focus)
    4) Tremor Berserker's rage lichborne AMS Cloak of shadows and freedom for tendrils
    5) same as above
    6) same as 1)
    7) not available in arena but Necrotic strike and stuns
    8) AMS Cloak of shadows and any gapcloser/interrupt works on 1 level arenas+ LoS obviously.

Happy? Now look at how many counters RoP has, only deathgrip so far, and that requires significant outplaying of said monk. LEARN THE GAME.
    Snares and roots? Knockbacks? CC - Poly/Fear, etc? What am I missing here? Does RoP also give you CC immunity? If you can't counter it, that's what your teammates are for. And if we're talking competitive pvp, you have teammates to help you.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Snares and roots? Knockbacks? CC - Poly/Fear, etc? What am I missing here? Does RoP also give you CC immunity? If you can't counter it, that's what your teammates are for. And if we're talking competitive pvp, you have teammates to help you.
    RoP prevents a friendly target from recieving melee damage for 8 seconds. It's basically like an undispellable BoP that doesn't remove the ability to do physical abilities, and has a 45 second cooldown.

The OP asked how to counter it. The only answer there is that there are no counters other than switching target.

How do you counter 3 sec charge stun + 4 sec shockwave stun? Tell me, then i will tell you how to counter Ring of Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Thing is, RoP can be EXCLUSIVELY saved for when the enemy uses cooldowns, and considering disarms are only really stopped by a weapon enchant and RNG, they stop
    almost certain kills, btw everything you mentioned has alot of counters from magic immunities to pillar of frost making knockbacks irrelevant since s6. Competitive pvp is abit fucked by RoP but then again that isn't as bad as it could be.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 06:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ainy View Post
    How do you counter 3 sec charge stun + 4 sec shockwave stun? Tell me, then i will tell you how to counter Ring of Peace.
    BoP Icebound Fortitude Blink Desecrated ground Bubble and trinket Gladly awaiting your feedback.
    And becides what I listed warbringer is no longer a stun but a root on PTR and shockwave is a 40sec cooldown, therefore you have no right complaining about things that have been fixed.
    afflocks that cry about balance in pvp make me sad.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    RoP prevents a friendly target from recieving melee damage for 8 seconds. It's basically like an undispellable BoP that doesn't remove the ability to do physical abilities, and has a 45 second cooldown.

The OP asked how to counter it. The only answer there is that there are no counters other than switching target.
    That isn't how the spell works. Very differently, in fact. It only disarms enemies in the ring. Hunters can still do plenty of damage to the RoP'd guy. Yes, it forces a target swap and CCing the person with RIng.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 12:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdragon View Post
    Thing is, RoP can be EXCLUSIVELY saved for when the enemy uses cooldowns, and considering disarms are only really stopped by a weapon enchant and RNG, they stop
    almost certain kills, btw everything you mentioned has alot of counters from magic immunities to pillar of frost making knockbacks irrelevant since s6. Competitive pvp is abit fucked by RoP but then again that isn't as bad as it could be.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 06:41 PM ----------

BoP Icebound Fortitude Blink Desecrated ground Bubble and trinket Gladly awaiting your feedback.
    And becides what I listed warbringer is no longer a stun but a root on PTR and shockwave is a 40sec cooldown, therefore you have no right complaining about things that have been fixed.
    "Bubble" is no counter to Warbringer + Shockwave. People need to stop acting like a 5 minute cooldown that the warrior can just shatter afterwards is a counter to something that can be used every 20 seconds. Yes, it is being fixed, but half of those you listed have insane cooldowns. Correct answer: Warbringer had no real counters other than a successful peel.

-Weapon chain and/or trinket
    -"Frost Trap" is not an ability in this game used by any class.
    -Fake cast, blanket silence only lasts 4 seconds
    -Tremor Totem, trinket to instant Turn Fear, Lichborne, healer dispel, mass dispel, hand of sacrifice, etc. etc.
    -same as above
    -Weapon Chain and/or trinket
    -Not an ability usable in rated PVP
    -trinket or interrupt it with something or LOS

None of these things work on Ring of Peace, unenlightened one.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 01:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Syenite View Post
    How can you attack someone else if he follows you? :3 Oh and you only need 6 monks to 100% do that, but 5 is close enough and you can count on 5 monk teams rendering any 5v5 team with melee in it into a pile of useless goo.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 01:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ainy View Post
    Icebound Fortitude, trinket, Hand of Protection, Blink, Shamanistic Rage. Dispersion mitigates significantly and Barkskin helps some.
    Last edited by Reith; 2013-02-10 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    That's why you grapple first, and then use RoP, since grapple would get DRed but RoP cannot. Grats on 16 sec disarm... or 12 sec with a weapon chain. This will be amazing against warrior flag carriers... no weapon and shield for almost 12 seconds can make even an amazing FC sweat.