I absolutly loved this game my only problem with it is i dont have the time in my life to play it.
    It really reminded me of a resident evil style mmo game.
    Some of the questing in it was mind blowing compared to what i've been accustomed to for many years. You know when you been playing games like wow for so long and then you do an investigation quest in TSW your head explodes untill you start to get the hang of it.
    Story was is pretty awesome dungeons awesome some where pretty buggy and then the whole elite nightmare gatekeeper stuff for the more hardcore players. Fight mechanics for 5 man bosses where a nice change and very visual.......all in all a very awesome game worth paying for if all you ever do is play thru the story once then never touch it again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Again, I wouldn't label it as such either, and the Hellboy comparison is a decent one, but it does still have just enough horror elements, some of which spike up often enough in the game, that I feel it fair to warn someone who says that they do not like horror in general about them, even if those horror elements are not as prevalent as in a true horror game.

Rohan brings to mind a good point too: Even if it isn't outright horrifying, it does still maintain a fairly creepy atmosphere- again, especially during certain portions of the game -that some may still find somewhat unsettling.
    Again thanks for the run yesterday It was fun. I'm also glad I finally got elite SH down.

Also, speaking of Deputy Andy. You know him and Sandy are supposed to be a "hidden" kind of forbidden love, but one of the quest devs decided to take it a little further in a later quest(can't remember which quest though, but it is funny). It basically screams that they like each other, while earlier in the game is a little obvious but still discreet.

Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    Again thanks for the run yesterday It was fun. I'm also glad I finally got elite SH down.

Also, speaking of Deputy Andy. You know him and Sandy are supposed to be a "hidden" kind of forbidden love, but one of the quest devs decided to take it a little further in a later quest(can't remember which quest though, but it is funny). It basically screams that they like each other, while earlier in the game is a little obvious but still discreet.
    Andy won't pursue it because he is scared, men and women, blah blah blah, etc. Sandy won't pursue unless Andy is ready.

Would they shut up and just kiss already /sigh

Also wtb sandy not so.... old and wrinkly?

Deleted
    Oke - After all the comments yesterday, thanks for that guys really helpfull! , I haven't completly decided yet!
    What i wonder at this point: is there any sort of Trial or Buddy keys or such in wich I can try the game out? Doesn't need to be max level trying out or unlimited trial or anything, but maybe just a quick peek! = )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velandra View Post
    Oke - After all the comments yesterday, thanks for that guys really helpfull! , I haven't completly decided yet!
    What i wonder at this point: is there any sort of Trial or Buddy keys or such in wich I can try the game out? Doesn't need to be max level trying out or unlimited trial or anything, but maybe just a quick peek! = )
    PM me your e-mail please and ill send you a 24 h Buddy key

Deleted
    Perhaps it's been discussed already but what are your thoughts on the next auxillary weapon - The Whip?
    To me it feels like it will be a dps weapon, perhaps with a touch of crowd control (WHIP THEM INTO SUBMISSION!). I really hope all the Aux weps will have this special "feel" to them, even those to come. (I love the quantum brace, the effects are awesome <3)

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    10 bucks with a healthy amount of extra currency left over, not bad. That's actually cheaper than DCUO DLC, and I think they handle it wonderfully on their end. Well played Funcom. I can even pick it up with the free 1200 you get for completing 30 missions! I knew I held onto it for a reason : )

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    I knew I held onto it for a reason : )
    Skanky clothes? That's what I spend mine on.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's actually a good price, will definatly buy it =)

And again, despite the frustration, I was still glad to help. Once more, my apologies that it took longer than it probably should have and thank you for your patience. In that particular group we got, I think our problem was that our dps was actually hitting the boss a little too hard a little too fast, causing him to run to the middle more often, and summoning more adds before we could properly deal with the adds we already had. That was especially the problem with the "pillar strategy" they wanted to use it at first. Often, the boss would just get done with doing his AOE in the middle, and then he'd run right back into the middle, preventing me from running over to grab the adds that spawned previously, while also causing even more adds to pop up after. -_- Obviously, it's a boss encounter I still need to continue to work on, and I've already been spending some time looking up various tips and strategies for the fight, which will hopefully help me to refine things before the next group I run SH with. Still, glad I was able to help you out, and I wish you luck with the Gatekeeper, if you haven't already yet tackled him.

Regarding DLC Pricing: Do we know if that's going to be standard for all DLC, or is that just the cost for Issue #5? Also, when it comes to the next issue, and the implementation of the Whip auxiliary weapon, I just hope it will have some use for a tank. The current choice of auxiliary weapons for tanks is rather sparse, and most are a tad bit on the bulky and inelegant side, for me. Though I'd be willing to make use of them when I have the SP/AP for them, I'm still not keen on dancing across the field of battle as a dexterous chaos/blade tank...and suddenly stopping to whip out a bloody chainsaw or giant rocket launcher. Not something I find aesthetically pleasing in the least.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Skanky clothes? That's what I spend mine on.
    I was thinking about it! I'll probably still be able to afford some for a 5 bucks more, but I'll have to find the time to drop into the game again (getting closer!)

Deleted
    While I am not a subscriber, this is the first game ever that I actually feel like I "need" to buy something from the store, not because I want it but simply because this game, which i got for about 20$, is worth so so so much more. It's an amazing game and i would happily sponsor them by buying stuff(will definetely buy every DLC to come)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    -snip-
    Yeah we had too much of nearly everything. The boss is meant for a slow burn, but that one guy was doing too much dps.

On the plus side, I beat the gatekeeper today in 2 attempts. I thought one purge would be enough to kill him, but the CD on it was too long. I had to switch to another one to get his second. He only spawned one add before he died

On the plus side, I beat the gatekeeper today in 2 attempts. I thought one purge would be enough to kill him, but the CD on it was too long. I had to switch to another one to get his second. He only spawned one add before he died
    Congrats! Nice work. Now, all that's left is to face the world of Nightmare...dungeons.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Two points:

One, does anyone else have this game just absolutely blow up their system? I constantly run into the "dxgi_error_device_removed" crash these days, and it is insanely frustrating.

Two, due to that, I've been really slow getting anywhere. Not that it's a bad thing - this game is just amazing, and spending extra time on it is no loss. I finally got the chance to do the Tyler Freeborn chain, and just damn. What an amazing piece of work that was. These guys know how to make atmosphere and tell a story. So, so awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Venali View Post
    Two points:

One, does anyone else have this game just absolutely blow up their system? I constantly run into the "dxgi_error_device_removed" crash these days, and it is insanely frustrating.

Two, due to that, I've been really slow getting anywhere. Not that it's a bad thing - this game is just amazing, and spending extra time on it is no loss. I finally got the chance to do the Tyler Freeborn chain, and just damn. What an amazing piece of work that was. These guys know how to make atmosphere and tell a story. So, so awesome.
    Try switching to DX9 or updating your DX11. What settings are you running the game on?

I run it on max, using a GTX570 at the moment. Everything should be up to date, I believe. I'll give DX9 a shot and see what comes of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Venali View Post
    I run it on max, using a GTX570 at the moment. Everything should be up to date, I believe. I'll give DX9 a shot and see what comes of it.
    You're having the same issue that a lot of people had around launch. Switching to DX9, reinstalling DX11, and turning down lighting effects were all reported to help, but not completely eliminate the issue. Report back and let us know what helps!

DX9 seemed to help - didn't run into the issue after swapping over. That said, there are times where it has a lull anyway. Either way, thanks for the info. Hope it gets fixed, however... I miss some of the DX11 visuals