Thread: Cat Chat! >^.^<

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Cat Chat! >^.^<

Cat lovers unite! This is a chat thread for people who have cats, love cats, want cats, etc.

Let me start: I have three boys.

Loki is an almost-5-year-old longhair. He's extremely good natured and sweet. Couldn't hurt you if he tried. I've had this cat since he was born, since I had his mother (who INSISTED I be there for his birth).

Fynn is almost 3, and I adopted him from a local shelter almost 2 years ago. He's very rambunctious, but can also be very sweet if you catch him in the right mood.

Finally, Zeus is about 7 months old. My husband and I adopted him from a local shelter in October. This cat runs on turbo mode all the time. He spends most of his days playing with Fynn, playing fetch with us, snatching straws from totally random locations, and getting into stuff he shouldn't. Typical kitten.

All of my boys are neutered, but none are declawed. They are all very good about scratching on their scratching posts.

Show us your cats! Talk about your cats! Talk about totally random stuff with other cat people! We might even be able to help with behavioral issues or questions you may have.

Deleted
    fuck cats.
    Dogs all the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by parish View Post
    fuck cats.
    Dogs all the way.
    So go make a dog chat thread and leave us kitty lovers alone. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a cat, I want one but can't have one at the moment
    Apparently the vet bills might be expensive or something so we can't have one.

We had one for about a year a while ago, he followed us home and stayed outside so we fed him and he just stayed with us until my dad left the bath on and flooded the house so we had to have big carpet vacuum things in to dry the carpet and he never came back after that.

His name was Simba.

Deleted
    I have a 2 year old bengal, she is completely insane and spends most of the day wandering around behind me yelling at me for a variety of things. Very very vocal. She also loves to sit on my keyboard and sneeze into my mic when I'm trying to talk to people on skype.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    I don't have a cat, I want one but can't have one at the moment
    Apparently the vet bills might be expensive or something so we can't have one.
    Well, a normal healthy cat doesn't really cost much in terms of maintenance, but there's always pet insurance if you're worried about a sudden accident or illness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I have a 2 year old bengal, she is completely insane and spends most of the day wandering around behind me yelling at me for a variety of things.
    Bengals are soooo pretty <3 Do you have any pictures?

Deleted
    YAY! Best thread on MMO-C by miles!

I have 2 Cats. Both are females.

First one is Tosca. She is 5 years old, she always sleeps on my old computer chair in a corner of the room.
    Can't find a good pic on her at the moment

Second one is Sigrid a.k.a Sigge. She will be 3 soon and I am almost certain she is pregnant so there will be kitty photos soon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I have a 2 year old bengal, she is completely insane and spends most of the day wandering around behind me yelling at me for a variety of things. Very very vocal. She also loves to sit on my keyboard and sneeze into my mic when I'm trying to talk to people on skype.
    That cat sounds adorable.

The cat I had for a year was very solitary. He used to sleep in my bed but other than that he didn't really follow us or anything, spent a lot of his time outside. I want a cat from a kitty that will be all cute like that but nope :<

I'll get one later though I'm sure.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 11:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Well, a normal healthy cat doesn't really cost much in terms of maintenance, but there's always pet insurance if you're worried about a sudden accident or illness.

Bengals are soooo pretty <3 Do you have any pictures?
    Hmm, never heard of pet insurance.
    I just know one of my mums friends got a cat and then straight away like 4 weeks after she got him, he got sick and it cost her a few thousand in vet bills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, never heard of pet insurance.
    I just know one of my mums friends got a cat and then straight away like 4 weeks after she got him, he got sick and it cost her a few thousand in vet bills.
    That's definitely the exception, not the rule. I've had cats my entire life and we've never had a cat cost us thousands in vet bills. Pet insurance works a lot like human insurance, in that you pay a flat monthly fee, and then they pay for stuff like surgeries or whatever that the cat may need. But do your research--not all pet insurance companies are good groups.

Deleted
    That's definitely the exception, not the rule. I've had cats my entire life and we've never had a cat cost us thousands in vet bills. Pet insurance works a lot like human insurance, in that you pay a flat monthly fee, and then they pay for stuff like surgeries or whatever that the cat may need. But do your research--not all pet insurance companies are good groups.
    My youngest cat did get a hairball that was to big for her to cough up herself. She started to puke instead. Took her to the vet. operation would have cost about 6000 euros but we had a insurance so we did only have to pay about 300 euros. Best money spent ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, this may be just an American thing like health insurance. I don't have health insurance. I have medicare, I'm part of a medicare thing but it's free.

Deleted
    I've been bribed by a mod to participate in this thread. *cough* Eternal *cough*
    I don't have any cats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    I've been bribed by a mod to participate in this thread. *cough* Eternal *cough*
    I don't have any cats.
    Well thank you for participating anyway. xD

Also Eternal, what about vaccination bills and stuff? Isn't that expensive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    I don't have any cats.
    LOL. I don't think bribed is quite the right word, but "requested" would be a good word. Did you ever have cats? Do you ever want cats?

Also Eternal, what about vaccination bills and stuff? Isn't that expensive
    No, vaccinations aren't usually expensive at all, and the important one (rabies) comes in a 3 year version, at least here in the States. I think a 3 year rabies shot where I am costs about US $30? That's not bad at all. Cheaper than a lot of human vaccines. :P

Deleted
    LOL. I don't think bribed is quite the right word, but "requested" would be a good word. Did you ever have cats? Do you ever want cats?
    You totally bribed me.
    You said you'd ban me if I wouldn't participate.
    The bribing part is "I won't ban you if you participate!".
    I even have proof.
    Give me photoshop and a reasonable amount of time for me to learn how to use it and I'll post it here.

I never had cats and I'm more of a dog person but I guess if my partner'd want to have a cat I wouldn't protest.

10+ Year Old Account

No, vaccinations aren't usually expensive at all, and the important one (rabies) comes in a 3 year version, at least here in the States. I think a 3 year rabies shot where I am costs about US $30? That's not bad at all. Cheaper than a lot of human vaccines. :P
    We don't have rabies here so don't need rabies shots
    Other vaccinations though, cool. I shall try and get a cat! xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirusianna View Post
    XD

This is really the best GIF ever. I laughed so hard I cried.

We don't have rabies here so don't need rabies shots
    Other vaccinations though, cool. I shall try and get a cat! xD
    Check with your city/state/county/whatever geographical division you use to see if there are any required vaccines. For instance, here, there aren't any vaccinations that are required by the city, county or state, but my old apartment complex required proof of rabies vaccination. My current one does not.

You may not need any vaccines at all, and an indoor-only cat is at very low risk of contracting stuff anyway.
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2013-02-10 at 03:26 PM.

I love cats but i dont have one atm.

Last one i did have was a cream tabby and he was wonderful to have.

He was called Simba too.

Also bribed to come here :P

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?