Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Exclamation Warrior burst too high

simply put... warrior burst is WAY to high, i can easily be clouded in a string of numbers all above 40k in a single shockwave. the "swifty macro" is way too much burst. and is near impossible to counter because it is 1. too much pressure to sit in. 2. can still be used effectively even if the warrior is being bursted on i.e. die by the sword and rallying cry/second wind combo. and in many cases can burst through major cooldowns like pain suppression.
    warriors... what do u suppose be done? put globals on burst abilities possibly?

Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post
    simply put... warrior burst is WAY to high, i can easily be clouded in a string of numbers all above 40k in a single shockwave. the "swifty macro" is way too much burst. and is near impossible to counter because it is 1. too much pressure to sit in. 2. can still be used effectively even if the warrior is being bursted on i.e. die by the sword and rallying cry/second wind combo. and in many cases can burst through major cooldowns like pain suppression.
    warriors... what do u suppose be done? put globals on burst abilities possibly?
    Link your armory.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

I agree, im FULL malevolent stacking resilience gems and a warrior just rapes me.. each time getting hit for absurd amount of damage. and they can counter alot of heals..OR maybe Disc just sucks

Warriors are getting a load of nerfs 5.2
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

Quote Originally Posted by scotty823j View Post
    I agree, im FULL malevolent stacking resilience gems and a warrior just rapes me.. each time getting hit for absurd amount of damage. and they can counter alot of heals..OR maybe Disc just sucks
    You're right. The state of disc isn't really good in pvp atm. The state of many classes aren't really that good in pvp. Blizz fail to see that.

cant post link
    Silenttman - darkspear

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 07:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Noctus78 View Post
    Warriors are getting a load of nerfs 5.2
    actually... most of those nerfs have been reverted.
    the only damage nerf still there is deadly calm removal. other than that, the swifty macro is still alive and well along with the survivability

actually... most of those nerfs have been reverted.
    the only damage nerf still there is deadly calm removal. other than that, the swifty macro is still alive and well along with the survivability
    AAAAAAAAAAAAACTUALLY, the only nerf that was reverted was the health decrease to second wind. Unless you don't count these as nerfs:

-Defensive Stance now reduces damage by 15% (was 25%).
    -Shockwave now has a 40 second cooldown (was 20 seconds), and striking 3 or more targets will reduce its cooldown by 20 seconds.
    -Warbringer now reduces the target's movement by 50% for 15 seconds (8 seconds in PvP), in addition to its other effects. The 3 second stun/knockdown is now in the diminishing returns category for stuns (same as Shockwave and Storm Bolt), and not the proc stun diminishing returns category.
    -Taste for Blood has been redesigned. It now causes the Warrior to gain 2 stacks of Overpower (maximum of 5 stacks) when Mortal Strike deals damage, 1 stack when the target dodges, and no longer interacts with Heroic Strike. It now requires level 20 (used to require level 50).
    -Overpower now costs 10 rage.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

There was also a reverted nerf to stuns pausing second wind.
    However, i do not consider the nerfs made to shockwave nerfs to burst or survivability because shockwave still hits harder an any stun should
    Also, the nerfs made to taste for blood were merely a trade between being a high dmg proc, to a survivability proc by adding 5 seconds to die by the sword. Other nerfs such like defensive stance are a start... but the problem is if they didnt have so much burst, the survivability wouldnt be as big of a problem. And the stun dr should have been there to begin with.

[Sarcasm mode = ON]
    Yes please, nerf warrior more, so they can't burst and neither do control! I liked their state in cataclysm, they were perfectly balanced!
    [Sarcasm mode = OFF]
    If they reduce our burst, i want double the control of a mage. Or they could just rename us "hunter pets".

Warrior burst is either equal to or under most if not all other classes in 5.2.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

warriors really aren't as OP as what the post is saying. my suggestion would be to not get hit by them. if you sit in front of any melee class you're not going to live very long.

yeah cos i hear once a warrior pops all his CDs all he does is, pick flowers and sings, what a wonderful day.

wait for 5.2
    where you die in every single shadowdance/shadow blade.
    save your QQ energy for the rogue forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just by calling it the "swifty macro" you lost all credibility. ;/

If you KNOW the burst can be high.. take percussions? It's easier than qqing on a forum.

the only damage nerf still there is deadly calm removal.
    You clearly have no idea what you are talking about therefor I will disregard this whole thread. But well as I am feeling generous - cc the warrior while reck is up. Problem solved.

Deleted
    Warriors are designed around dealing rediculous dmg while being able to soak alot at the same time, removing one of these breaks the class and becomes cata warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    AAAAAAAAAAAAACTUALLY, the only nerf that was reverted was the health decrease to second wind. Unless you don't count these as nerfs:

-Defensive Stance now reduces damage by 15% (was 25%).
    -Shockwave now has a 40 second cooldown (was 20 seconds), and striking 3 or more targets will reduce its cooldown by 20 seconds.
    -Warbringer now reduces the target's movement by 50% for 15 seconds (8 seconds in PvP), in addition to its other effects. The 3 second stun/knockdown is now in the diminishing returns category for stuns (same as Shockwave and Storm Bolt), and not the proc stun diminishing returns category.
    -Taste for Blood has been redesigned. It now causes the Warrior to gain 2 stacks of Overpower (maximum of 5 stacks) when Mortal Strike deals damage, 1 stack when the target dodges, and no longer interacts with Heroic Strike. It now requires level 20 (used to require level 50).
    -Overpower now costs 10 rage.
    ok, the defensive stance nerf is a small step in the right direction... but the problem is the burst damage, not necessarily the survivability. Though the survivability is high too, i feel that the fact that u cant even get near a warrior to burst him without him returning the favor sevenfold. This makes it very hard to kill a warrior, because even if you are hit by a couple abilities like shockwave and 1 gcd before trinketing and vanishing out, litterally 150k health is gone, and classes that aren't healers have a hard time recovering from this and are gimped beyond comeback. The face that they can take half of my health as full mal gear with 63% resil is flat out rediculous. it has also come to my attention that this post has become more about the warrior v rogue rivalry rather than an actually addressing an issue.
    if a single class can burst through a healers defensive cools along with instant heals and such, there is a big problem. it isnt as if its the case with dragon roar where its a cooldown with a single big hit and if u survive it u can be brought back up to full and continue fighting... no, its multiple cooldowns all lasting 15-20+ seconds that is more than enough time to burst down 1 player, "whoops popped dispersion, lemme just switch and kill this guy instead" This can not be done by any other class. no one else can activate 1 button and kill whomever they please with little to nothing stopping them... and in the event the warrior finds himself at low health, he can simply die by the sword (extra 5 second duration in 5.2 if overpower stacked) and continue living with this plus second wind, plus rallying cry, plus sheild wall which if used sparingly are an easy minute plus worth of virtual indestructableness.
    as far as the shockwave cooldown, i see this more as a nerf for peels and not nerf to damage nor survivability.
    warbringer on DR should have happened from the beggining, no class should have multiple cc that do not DR. as a rogue i can open with cheapshot... but only if i want to have to wait 20 seconds to have a full window for shadow dance, which requires much more thought.
    taste for blood redesign was simply a tradeoff between an ability that produces major hits, to one that increases survivability and small clouds of bursts if stacked to 5.
    i would like to re-state that i dont have as much a problem with the survivability, as much as i do the damage. p.s. check out some of the 5.2 wreckstorm videos, complete rediculousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are designed around dealing rediculous dmg while being able to soak alot at the same time, removing one of these breaks the class and becomes cata warrior...
    Except our damage is pathetic outside of cd's, and we're about to lose any hope of surviving in a pvp setting. Hello Cata warrior 2.0.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    Except our damage is pathetic outside of cd's, and we're about to lose any hope of surviving in a pvp setting. Hello Cata warrior 2.0.
    15% damage reduction plus plate is still a good amount, and second wind isn't getting nerfed.

I really don't understand how a few select abilities get nerfed, rightfully so, and suddenly warriors are back to Cata.

Shockwave nerf was VERY needed, compare it to every stun other melee classes get. No other class can stun people for 4 seconds every 20, in an area. Also no other class can stay in their defensive stance/mechanic, barely lose any actual damage, and take 25% less.

Cooldown stackign isn't the issue with warriors. Every melee can cooldown stack, and will. It's how melee works. The problem is that warriors with arena partners are insanely hard to peel and do great damage on target, even more during CD's. This isn't a 1v1 game. If warriors are supposed to be a tanky dps, let them be a tanky dps, but nerf defensive stance in other ways. It'd be easy. 1. make it take a shield or 2. make you do 20% less damage in it as arms. Nobody has to worry about dying to a Feral in bear and DK's in blood lose quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    15% damage reduction plus plate is still a good amount, and second wind isn't getting nerfed.

I really don't understand how a few select abilities get nerfed, rightfully so, and suddenly warriors are back to Cata.

Shockwave nerf was VERY needed, compare it to every stun other melee classes get. No other class can stun people for 4 seconds every 20, in an area. Also no other class can stay in their defensive stance/mechanic, barely lose any actual damage, and take 25% less.

Cooldown stackign isn't the issue with warriors. Every melee can cooldown stack, and will. It's how melee works. The problem is that warriors with arena partners are insanely hard to peel and do great damage on target, even more during CD's. This isn't a 1v1 game. If warriors are supposed to be a tanky dps, let them be a tanky dps, but nerf defensive stance in other ways. It'd be easy. 1. make it take a shield or 2. make you do 20% less damage in it as arms. Nobody has to worry about dying to a Feral in bear and DK's in blood lose quite a bit.
    Do you even play a warrior? Armory link or I'm going to assume you either don't play wow or are basing your answer off of other people's posts.