Is 4T14 worth it for Survival?

Hello Hunters, I'd like to know you're opinion on my recent predicament. I recently got the LFR chest and Normal Mode Pants for the Tier 14 set. Is losing some ilvls for the 4T14 worth it for Survival? Check out my armory.

2p is definitely a must this tier. However, unless your progressing on normal mode Wind Lord, or heroic Sha.. stay away from survival.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could sim this out at femaledwarf.com but my first thought is that it's not worth moving from a 489 chest and 509 pants to a 476 and 489 set just for the 4pc bonus in SV, esp since you can still upgrade the pants and chest you have

What? I have no idea what Ahraa is talking about. SV is fine, but that's not what this thread is about.
    I'd do the check for yourself at femaledwarf, but for me 2p contributes 1216 dps (1.1% of dps) and 4p contributes 923 (0.86% of dps) with default settings + de/buffs. While neither of these is as good as they are for BM (roughly 2200 dps each), they're definitely significant and it'll probably take about 10 ilvls to be on par.
    That said, the bonus doesn't apply at all to explosive trap, so if you're progressing on a boss where you want to use that, the bonus is going to be zero.

I'll take a look on femaledwarf, thanks a lot.

Edit: Looks like I lose around 1k dps using the 4pc.
    Last edited by Aenok; 2013-02-10 at 09:11 PM.

1k DPS sounds like a lot unless you're talking about like 20+ ilvls. Don't forget you need to adjust for Hit/Exp. If both sims weren't at 7.5/7.5 then you weren't giving both sets a fair shot. Easiest way I find to do it is run it once to see how much over/under each cap you are, then use custom stat adjustments in the "gear" tab. If you have an excess, you add it to crit and if you have too little, take it from haste to simulate reforging (use negative stat adjustments to remove stats).

Quote Originally Posted by pewpewinface View Post
    1k DPS sounds like a lot unless you're talking about like 20+ ilvls. Don't forget you need to adjust for Hit/Exp. If both sims weren't at 7.5/7.5 then you weren't giving both sets a fair shot. Easiest way I find to do it is run it once to see how much over/under each cap you are, then use custom stat adjustments in the "gear" tab. If you have an excess, you add it to crit and if you have too little, take it from haste to simulate reforging (use negative stat adjustments to remove stats).
    I made sure I had enough hit/exp when simming the 4T14, maybe I did something else wrong.