Page 1 of 2
LastLast

whats the best secondary stat for bm hunters

im using reforge lite i have hit cap and exp cap. is it crit, mast, haste or mast, crit haste?
    the site wont allow me to post links to my hunter yet but toon named is flagged if you want to look me up thx, any tips much appreciated

crit, then haste

I usually askmrrobot though. haste thresholds and whatnot

Currently it is Hit 7.5% = Exp 7.5% > Crit >= Mastery > Haste

Concerning Crit vs. Mastery:
    Currently the values of Crit and Mastery are really close, but crit is still better, therefore values for a reforging program should be:

Hit 2.5
    Exp 2.5
    Crit 2.0
    Mastery 1.4
    Haste 1.0

I would suggest to first use Reforge lite, after that got to wowreforge.com and see what results it gives, whichever gives higher crit is what you should take generally.
    Also a good tip for Reforge Lite, do not accept the first result it gives, keep spamming the "Calculate" Button until it doesn't change, this way it usually gives the best option for Crit.

what value should i have int reforge lite
    i have hit at 2550
    exp at 2550
    crit at 9010
    mastery nothing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Currently it is Hit 7.5% = Exp 7.5% > Crit >= Mastery > Haste

Concerning Crit vs. Mastery:
    Currently the values of Crit and Mastery are really close, but crit is still better, therefore values for a reforging program should be:

Hit 2.5
    Exp 2.5
    Crit 2.0
    Mastery 1.4
    Haste 1.0

I would suggest to first use Reforge lite, after that got to wowreforge.com and see what results it gives, whichever gives higher crit is what you should take generally.
    Also a good tip for Reforge Lite, do not accept the first result it gives, keep spamming the "Calculate" Button until it doesn't change, this way it usually gives the best option for Crit.
    As wowreforge.com does not count in upgraded items, it is broken for me at the moment. Only use it if you don't have any upgrades on your gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Estia View Post
    As wowreforge.com does not count in upgraded items, it is broken for me at the moment. Only use it if you don't have any upgrades on your gear.
    You can click on the item and set the stat values on your own... To the number what they are when they are upgraded...

Quote Originally Posted by jinreeko View Post
    crit, then haste

This is wrong. Like others said, crit>mastery>haste.

Deleted
    Thanks for the tip, Sonnillon. Might result in taskwork depending on the number of upgrades though

Quote Originally Posted by Estia View Post
    Thanks for the tip, Sonnillon. Might result in taskwork depending on the number of upgrades though
    i use it and most of my gear is upgraded... its a pain int he ass but its worth the time

I'm having some issues with the secondary stats. I'm using SimCraft and FemaleDwarf and I don't know if I'm using them wrong but SimCraft is telling me that all stats have the same value, but crit is slightly above them, followed by haste and mastery last. FemaleDwarf is telling me that haste is above all followed by crit and mastery. So I'm not sure what to make of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jofe View Post
    I'm having some issues with the secondary stats. I'm using SimCraft and FemaleDwarf and I don't know if I'm using them wrong but SimCraft is telling me that all stats have the same value, but crit is slightly above them, followed by haste and mastery last. FemaleDwarf is telling me that haste is above all followed by crit and mastery. So I'm not sure what to make of that.
    Be sure to run SimC at high iterations for most accurate results. FD has a tendency to overvalue haste a lot, it's only useful for testing gear/talent switching.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    This is wrong. Like others said, crit>mastery>haste.
    Not really. Depends from fight to fight.

Single target without add switching ... Mastery > haste
    Single target with add switching ... Haste > mastery

Reasoning why... On add fights your pet wont have full uptime on target and it will decrease the value of mastery.

Personally i think mastery is the worst out all secondary stats for all Hunter specs.

Go crit > mastery > haste. It is the best and the most versatile. You can also use SV efficiently by doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by jinreeko View Post
    crit, then haste

mr robot is bad don't use it.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    Not really. Depends from fight to fight.

Single target without add switching ... Mastery > haste
    Single target with add switching ... Haste > mastery

Reasoning why... On add fights your pet wont have full uptime on target and it will decrease the value of mastery.

Personally i think mastery is the worst out all secondary stats for all Hunter specs.
    yet mastery is a higher DPS upgrade for both BM and SV then haste....

For BM Crit is slightly better than Mastery, infact come tier15 mastery will prob out rank crit due to the bonuses etc. Haste is last, but you will maintain some haste from gear anyway so i wouldn't worry, plus it's not that far from mastery really.. Female Dwarf is prone to recommending Haste as a higher stat, but that's best on random gear scenarios.

Essential rule is Crit>=Mastery>Haste as long as you're hit/exp capped ofc :P Agi will always be your best stat so if your gear upgrades with a ton more agi than a secondary stat then obviously go with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeze View Post
    For BM Crit is slightly better than Mastery, infact come tier15 mastery will prob out rank crit due to the bonuses etc. Haste is last, but you will maintain some haste from gear anyway so i wouldn't worry, plus it's not that far from mastery really.. Female Dwarf is prone to recommending Haste as a higher stat, but that's best on random gear scenarios.

Essential rule is Crit>=Mastery>Haste as long as you're hit/exp capped ofc :P Agi will always be your best stat so if your gear upgrades with a ton more agi than a secondary stat then obviously go with that.
    Bad info is bad. The set bonuses now are increased by mastery and crit is still better. The set bonuses can crit too. It will be and is crit > mastery > haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Bad info is bad. The set bonuses now are increased by mastery and crit is still better. The set bonuses can crit too. It will be and is crit > mastery > haste.
    Interesting, but to quote on "bad info is bad info" I need your findings; where are you getting the info for this? Mine is Elitist Jerks reading, is yours personal testing?

Critical strike rating. For every spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeze View Post
    Interesting, but to quote on "bad info is bad info" I need your findings; where are you getting the info for this? Mine is Elitist Jerks reading, is yours personal testing?
    Elitist jerks? That is outdated afaik. Would you mind linking what you are reading. I believe you are looking at the guide which is outdated by a lot. Btw the guide I'm looking at says:

Agi>hit==exp (to cap)>>mastery>~crit>>haste
    Which is completely wrong right now.

Crit is better than mastery for all hunter specs

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Elitist jerks? That is outdated afaik. Would you mind linking what you are reading. I believe you are looking at the guide which is outdated by a lot. Btw the guide I'm looking at says:

Which is completely wrong right now.

Crit is better than mastery for all hunter specs
    It's roughly 13th Jan 13 being the last part of a discussion on Mastery in t15: http://elitistjerks.com/f74/t130590-...9/#post2241708 and it's a probable statement, like mine is, I never confirmed it would be Mast>Crit just it probably would be in t15, but PTR bonuses are a little too buggy in tests. This also leads me to believe that Crit>=Mastery currently now, with neither being the out right winner if you stack one or the other, but rather have both at good levels with crit being slightly ahead.

But this is just my take on readings and testings. Someone with better maths than me is needed.