Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The majority of the decline in subscriber numbers came from China, and the number in the west are more stable.Thats the funny part right there the haters are celebrateing something thats keyword STABLE in the west which is the only thing i even remotely care about.Because get this i play on the us/eu servers so looks like blizzard has a big success with Mists of pandaria!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mikencarly View Post
    The majority of the decline in subscriber numbers came from China, and the number in the west are more stable.Thats the funny part right there the haters are celebrateing something thats keyword STABLE in the west which is the only thing i even remotely care about.Because get this i play on the us/eu servers so looks like blizzard has a big success with Mists of pandaria!
    The fanboys are celebrating subs lost in the east? Well hate to break it to you but that bullshit 9.6 million players are mostly from the east.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    The fanboys are celebrating subs lost in the east? Well hate to break it to you but that bullshit 9.6 million players are mostly from the east.
    The majority of the subs in cata lost were from china as well. Its possible wow saw some gains in the west. It wouldn't surprise me to see wow have 5m subs in the west and only 4.6m in the east. Last time we even saw east numbers was 2009 or something. The funny thing is, the haters say MoP is an expansion catering to China, and the losses are from China. The fact that anyone thinks blizzard would develop an expansion for 10% of their player base to alienate the rest is a moron anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    The majority of the subs in cata lost were from china as well. Its possible wow saw some gains in the west. It wouldn't surprise me to see wow have 5m subs in the west and only 4.6m in the east. Last time we even saw east numbers was 2009 or something. The funny thing is, the haters say MoP is an expansion catering to China, and the losses are from China. The fact that anyone thinks blizzard would develop an expansion for 10% of their player base to alienate the rest is a moron anyways.
    The people that say MoP is an expansion catering to China are the same people who think Taco bell is catering to mexico

10+ Year Old Account
    It's be like Korea making a Wild West MMO to cater to us darn tootin' Amurrikans.

Whats funny is even in the FRONT PAGE it says The majority of the decline in subscriber numbers came from China, and the number in the west are more stable.I love how you call bullshit on FACTS your so blind sided with hate you didn't even read the front page of a wow fan site LMFAO!Ok back on my point my lfd and lfr ques have gotten shorter a crap ton shorter from 10 mins to 5mins so this effects me ZERO nothing at all have fun rageing for years about wow sub numbers while i enjoy wow for years to come peace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mikencarly View Post
    Whats funny is even in the FRONT PAGE it says The majority of the decline in subscriber numbers came from China, and the number in the west are more stable.I love how you call bullshit on FACTS your so blind sided with hate you didn't even read the front page of a wow fan site LMFAO!Ok back on my point my lfd and lfr ques have gotten shorter a crap ton shorter from 10 mins to 5mins so this effects me ZERO nothing at all have fun rageing for years about wow sub numbers while i enjoy wow for years to come peace.
    reading comprehension is a good thing. I know that most of the sub lost was from china they said it in the meeting. I was saying the 9.6 million players bullshit are mostly from the east. Try developing some reading comprehension than you would understand what I said.

Better yet I will help you.

Where did I says the subs were not lost from the east? where did I claim they were from the west? Where did I say what was on the front page was wrong? If your going to go in to whiteknight mode please read and understand what I posted first

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 09:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    It's be like Korea making a Wild West MMO to cater to us darn tootin' Amurrikans.

Pretty much that would be kinda fun tho
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-02-11 at 05:20 AM.

Newsflash Ladies!

Companies will lie, cheat and hide the truth to make themselves look positive in front of their stockholders.

So unless we actually get to see the unedited sub statistics for each region then the whole "were mostly from China" part is bs. The Asian region is the easiest scapegoat because it's much harder to check there due to the subscription construction.

Now carry on with your blissful and ignorant lives

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OUTclassed View Post
    Newsflash Ladies!

Companies will lie, cheat and hide the truth to make themselves look positive in front of their stockholders.

So unless we actually get to see the unedited sub statistics for each region then the whole "were mostly from China" part is bs. The Asian region is the easiest scapegoat because it's much harder to check there due to the subscription construction.

Now carry on with your blissful and ignorant lives

You know what happened to Enron right?

Blizzard would not lie on their financial statement because if caught people would be going to prison
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-02-11 at 05:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Morhaime would risk long term incarceration just to say the losses were mostly in China... hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by alastaircrawly View Post
    you know what happened to enron right?

Blizzard would not lie on their financial statement because if caught people would be going to prison
    release the long form birth certificate

10+ Year Old Account
    The people that say MoP is an expansion catering to China are the same people who think Taco bell is catering to mexico
    LOL. Im tempted to sig that. Its true though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    The majority of the subs in cata lost were from china as well.
    Evidence? There was ONE QUARTER where they said the majority of the net loss was in the east, but AFAIK they never said that about the expansion as a whole.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 03:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Yeah, Morhaime would risk long term incarceration just to say the losses were mostly in China... hmm.
    And remember, saying someone is committing a felony is libel if they aren't. So be careful -- such idle insinuations could end you up at the losing end of a big civil lawsuit.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't the subscription still above 9M? Also, isn't 9M paid subs (regardless of continent and total value) more than all of the other paid and free to play MMO-RPGs combined?

I'm no money expert, but even if they are seeing a decline and showing a loss from Quarter to Quarter, aren't they still the #1 MMO-RPG in the world for the 8th straight year? Just my opinion.

Deleted
    I was wondering why people like to participate in that kind od threads and I just figured it out I think. They want to feel special and right they made good predictions, well newsflsh for you haters, even players who love WoW and play it for years know the sub decline is inevitable, only thing Blizzard can do is slow down the process.

But to shut you up I'm gonna admit - yes you are right, yes WoW is dying, so please leave us in this sinking ship, without even 5 people to do random dungeon, and you enjoy your happy life and all the other perfect mmos out there.
    You are free to go and never come back, let us rot and die alongside WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    The whole "discussion" is based on flaws.
    If you listened, you'd think that the ONLY way for WoW to show it's doing good, or as good as it once did (back when there were many, MANY more times new potential players) is to steadily increase its sub count by 250-500k every quarter, otherwise it's not as good as BC or LK! hurrdurr.

Luckily, Blizzard, investors and sensible people know that no matter what, a products growth will stagnate and drop off.
    Sadly this is now commonly used as a way of complaining.

"I don't like X and 500k players quit, therefore it's obvious that the loss is due to X."
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    If you listened, you'd think that the ONLY way for WoW to show it's doing good, or as good as it once did (back when there were many, MANY more times new potential players) is to steadily increase its sub count by 250-500k every quarter, otherwise it's not as good as BC or LK! hurrdurr.

Luckily, Blizzard, investors and sensible people know that no matter what, a products growth will stagnate and drop off.

"I don't like X and 500k players quit, therefore it's obvious that the loss is due to X."
    The body of potential players is massive. 3 to 5 times as many people have played WoW than are currently playing. Then there's the people who have never played that could potential pick up the game.

At the end of 2009 when WoW had 11.5M, Pardo said "I don't know what the exact number is off-hand, but the total number of subscribers we've had is easily more than double - maybe closer to triple - the current subscriber base."

That's about 23-34.5M, 3 years ago. Rough extrapolation would mean close to 50M have played WoW at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post

You are right that investors realise that products can stop growing and this is when they take their investment elsewhere. Why would someone invest in a product or company that is stagnating or is in decline? At best the company/product is going to hold its value and your investment remains the same why would you invest in this over something that is growing and is therefore going to increase the value of your investment?

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    I was wondering why people like to participate in that kind od threads and I just figured it out I think. They want to feel special and right they made good predictions, well newsflsh for you haters, even players who love WoW and play it for years know the sub decline is inevitable, only thing Blizzard can do is slow down the process.

But to shut you up I'm gonna admit - yes you are right, yes WoW is dying, so please leave us in this sinking ship, without even 5 people to do random dungeon, and you enjoy your happy life and all the other perfect mmos out there.
    You are free to go and never come back, let us rot and die alongside WoW.
    Haha....that was pretty funny actually.

I know that most of the sub lost was from china they said it in the meeting. I was saying the 9.6 million players bullshit are mostly from the east. Try developing some reading comprehension than you would understand what I said.
    Since this topic comes up a lot with a lot of dispute, and you seem pretty confident... would you break down for us the current sub count by region?
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.