Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally think that both mounts should have their drop rates drastically raised. Why created a unique mount, if no one ever gets them? Particularly the Galleon mount, it should be near 100% drop. He is only killed like once a week, per server. So it isn't like everyone will immediately have the mount. I have ran some older instances hundreds of times and never seen mount drops, doesn't mean they aren't there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Deleted
    Ok guys,this just in. Saw a guy on my server riding it.

Xenesthis On Kor-gall EU.

Now, what about Galleon? If the Sha drop rate really was hotfixed, maybe now we will see someone with Son of Galleon?

Everyone can stop posting pictures of "No! This thread is wrong! It's always been able to drop! I have proof."

It's always been able to drop since Saturday*.

Those new to the thread, the server restarts on Saturday enabled this mount to drop.

did that massive pussy Seranthor shamelessly abandon yet ANOTHER thread after being made a fool of? I am shocked. Stay in off-topic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    did that massive pussy Seranthor shamelessly abandon yet ANOTHER thread after being made a fool of? I am shocked. Stay in off-topic
    That's not very nice. If I wasn't on my last warning, I'd probably insult you.

OT: I swear I've seen these before Saturday. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    Everyone can stop posting pictures of "No! This thread is wrong! It's always been able to drop! I have proof."

Those new to the thread, the server restarts on Saturday enabled this mount to drop.
    And the confirmation on that would be from where?

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 02:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Do as I do. Say that being naive is not as appealing to you as is to them. None of those replied back after I said it.
    It's hard to discuss something with someone who sticks there fingers in their ears and pretends to not listen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really sure what the drop rate is. It looks like a cool mount though.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Would have never guessed they would do rolling restarts for a stupid mount.
    I would have guessed that they would never own up to the fact that it never dropped before though.

As I said before, with how much epeen faggots there are, there would have been dozens of threads of people bragging about how they got the mount beforehand on these forums. And there never was. there never was.

and suddenly there's tons of people saying they got the mount. herp derp. guess no one ever saw the threads before yesterday.

Maybe I'm missing them, but I still don't see any threads on people bragging.

i'm glad to see the mount is now confirmed to be dropping - it is mighty suspiscious that it starts dropping after the realm restarts on saturday, after this thread, the threads on the official wow forums and not forgetting the tweets to the devs.

if blizz did hotfix it, i doubt they would actually announce they've hotfixed it, as they would get a lot of forum whine over wasted elder charms.

either way, the mounts now appear to be dropping (although galleon mount is still unconfirmed) so yay for that
    <insert witty signature here>

10+ Year Old Account
    Think about it this way, for those who are still skeptical, lets say 10% of people do it every week, say that's 1,000,000 lets say every week for 16 weeks even 500,000 did it. that is a lot, i'll let you do the math. On top of that, you have those 500,000 for, at least, until they got gloves and pants, using their coins.

Are you telling me with all of those drops it couldn't have droped? Or do I need to direct you to the law of large numbers?
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Think about it this way, for those who are still skeptical, lets say 10% of people do it every week, say that's 1,000,000 lets say every week for 16 weeks even 500,000 did it. that is a lot, i'll let you do the math. On top of that, you have those 500,000 for, at least, until they got gloves and pants, using their coins.

Are you telling me with all of those drops it couldn't have droped? Or do I need to direct you to the law of large numbers?
    Are you telling me that the hotfix didn't just fix how those mounts update to Armory once learnt? Or do I need to direct you to all the other bugs that Armory has had since its inception?
    Last edited by Xeraxis; 2013-02-11 at 11:46 PM.

Azralon has at least 2 people with Sha's, could manage to get 1 guys armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ilter=heavenly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post

No, it's always been able to drop that's all, stop your fantasies. Peoples have been seen with thoses mounts before Saturday.
    Rare mount is rare, that's normal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Had one guy on my realm get Galleon's mount the other day. Me mounted up on it and everything to show everyone and was like "Cool, I know it's super rare, but it's ugly as fuck".

If I'd known there was so much controversy over it I would have taken a picture.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 09:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    No, it's always been able to drop that's all, stop your fantasies. Peoples have been seen with thoses mounts before Saturday.
    Rare mount is rare, that's normal.
    Except that there were no pictures of it except from the PTR, and nobody had it on the armory. Even Blizzard themselves said it was not dropping and they needed to apply a hotfix.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    Had one guy on my realm get Galleon's mount the other day. Me mounted up on it and everything to show everyone and was like "Cool, I know it's super rare, but it's ugly as fuck".

If I'd known there was so much controversy over it I would have taken a picture.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 09:38 PM ----------

Except that there were no pictures of it except from the PTR, and nobody had it on the armory. Even Blizzard themselves said it was not dropping and they needed to apply a hotfix.
    Blizzard never said anything about that.
    Constructions ftw.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know the Sha mount for sure exists. Character name Boll on the Cenarion Circle realm (US).

Deleted
    This is outdated. There was a hotfix and shortly after the mounts started to drop. The first "reported" mounts turned out to have dropped right that day or shortly after.

I read some pages on this thread, but not really what I wanted to see.

Is there some info on a rough drop rate for these mounts (talking about Oondasta and nalak one as well ofc)?

I suspected and got confirmed from the first page posts that wowhead can't track the rolls since for instance sha doesn't drop anything except the claw of anger on the first kill, it's the players who get stuff in their bags, and if you check EVERY single item of sha has 0,04% drop rate, not only the mount.

All I know is, on wowhead there are reports of like 1 person getting sha mount everyday (which seems the easier to farm due to the respawn and easiness of the boss) which is around what happened once onyxia drop rate was buffed to 1% in December, but considering that 40 people get a chance to loot that mount every group, even on a small realm like mine, I find really odd to not have seen a sha mount yet, if it were an 1% drop, in 2-3 kills at least 1 person would have it.

I had people linking galleon mount but after checking armory they didn't have it, only saw a friend of mine actually getting the Oondasta mount, so I'd expect a sub 1% drop rate for all of these, but can't tell if it could be 0,05% or 0,2-0,3% like onyxian drake was originally (which is an ENORMOUS difference when you're a mount collector and kill bosses on all chars for this stuff).

So anyone has any rough idea of the drop rate or another way of tracking which still works despite of the loot system?