Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Recommended Reforging Tools?

I used wowreforge.. for arcane I just set stat weights to 5(hit), 4(mastery), 2(haste), 1(crit); am I doing it right or is there a more optimal method?

15+ Year Old Account
    I tend to use Wowreforge as well.

Reforgelite has been quite nice to work with too! I'd check that out as well!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

i think alot of people including myself use reforgelite its really easy to use and gets you the maximum potential of not going over hit capped and stuff
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

nvm figured it out
    Last edited by munchkin; 2013-02-11 at 01:44 AM.

It's a very minimal difference, but I've had better results with wowreforge than reforgelite.
    Thank you to Serrin for the signature!
    PC Stuffs: i7-4790K | Z97X-SLI | 16GB DDR3-1866 | GTX-780 | 256GB Samsung EVO | 1TB WD Blue | SuperNOVA 650 Gold | Fractal r4 Blackout | Dark Rock Pro 3

I'm using Reforgelite in a pure priority setup rather than weighting, and it seems to do just fine.

I use ReforgeLite as well. Works well for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ask Mr Robot works, as you now have the option to force Hit caps.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    i dont know why some people are favouring web based reforge, reforgelite addon if used properly is just as good if not better + you dont have to manually reforge every item.

you dont need a stat weight based reforge, you need a priority, as well as setting up hit/haste caps. reforgelite does it all..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Ask Mr Robot works, as you now have the option to force Hit caps.
    I use AMR for item comparisons, but it's optimization algorithm isn't as good as ReforgeLite. Almost every time, AMR will show the ReforgeLite optimization being higher than AMR's own optimization. The difference usually isn't that big though.

Deleted
    I'm currently using WoWreforge but it doesn't friendly with Item Upgrade. I like to see the grid with all stat to check if all my mastery is reforged (as Frost). (edit: seem like Rl also do it)
    I don't like AMR except to check for gear upgrade.
    I will retest ReforgeLite to check what it does.
    Last edited by mmocccfbebbec4; 2013-02-11 at 08:04 AM.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I 100% recommend ReforgeLite. Been using it since mid-cata and it's worked wonders. It works with upgrades as well, and takes into account things such as enchants, gems, socket bonuses, professions, etc. Also, it's an addon so that's nice too (no having to alt-tab a million times to reforge).

Wow Reforge hasn't worked properly since 5.0. It still doesn't recognize that expertise = spell hit for casters. It also doesn't realize that I'm a Draenei and don't need 5100 hit. Thus, it is still unable to calculate the most efficient reforge.

Deleted
    Reforge lite with wowreforge stat weights

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Wow Reforge hasn't worked properly since 5.0. It still doesn't recognize that expertise = spell hit for casters. It also doesn't realize that I'm a Draenei and don't need 5100 hit. Thus, it is still unable to calculate the most efficient reforge.
    Not entirely correct but close I have to reset etc multiple times then it just magically goes for expertise sometimes. There is definitely something wrong with it though. At one point it just refused to acknowledge that i'd changed the stat weights and just kept going mastery>haste no matter how many times I changed it or reset or closed it etc uninstalling and re-installing it fixed it though.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2013-02-11 at 11:29 AM.

ReforgeLite.

Once you choose it, you never go back. It's just so amazing and beautiful.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    I confirm reforgelite is very useful.

Deleted
    Reforgelite... Just put in the right priority/stats weight. (yours, not askmrrobot default or w/e)

I use AskMrRobot.com and then just do it manually in-game. I find reforgelite often makes a few mistakes, based on exactly what I want to achieve, whereas if I do it manually that doesn't occur.

The great thing also is AskMrRobot has a lot of functionality, such as dictating what sort of food you use, the level of enchants to take into consideration, and so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I use AskMrRobot.com and then just do it manually in-game. I find reforgelite often makes a few mistakes, based on exactly what I want to achieve, whereas if I do it manually that doesn't occur.

The great thing also is AskMrRobot has a lot of functionality, such as dictating what sort of food you use, the level of enchants to take into consideration, and so much more.
    ReforgeLite does make a few mistakes, but if you're smart enough to catch them and put in your own weights/priorities, you're fine.

I learned this recently about Fire when I went to reforge on the PTR. It said the priority was Crit Mastery Haste .-.;

While that's true about AskMrRobot, typically, your food and elixir/flask won't affect your secondaries (as they'll be fully Int unless you're not doing serious progression, in which case, your stats are typically irrelevant anyways XD), and your enchants should be on your gear before reforging. ReforgeLite takes Gems and Enchants into consideration, assuming they are already on your gear.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.