Please help me with my NVIDIA GeForce 210!

Good morning guys,

Last night Windows 7 alerted me that there is a new driver available for my card. Great! It asks me if I want to backup my current settings, I do. New driver installs, I reboot, start up WoW... Get the "card is not supported" message. Never seen that before with this card. I bypass and start it up, excessive screen tearing and white flashes etc. lagging like mad. I goto delete and retire my backup, and it restores from the windows default and not my actual backup. I try that driver but I get the same result.

I am going crazy with this. Does anyone know of a previous driver that will be smooth for me? God I miss Windows XP Pro SP3.. That was the smoothest system for me. I hate this! Ahhhh!! Thanks ahead of time guys, much appreciated

If you are having issues with the current driver you will have to try a few old ones before you find one that works the best for you, it is really hard for anyone else to say how a driver will work for you, while they all should work fine there are some differences between them and it effects every individual system in different ways.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    If you are having issues with the current driver you will have to try a few old ones before you find one that works the best for you, it is really hard for anyone else to say how a driver will work for you, while they all should work fine there are some differences between them and it effects every individual system in different ways.
    I totally understand what your saying. After some research last night, this seems to be a somewhat common issue with Nvidia cards regarding WoW. I thought perhaps there was a well known driver for WoW players. Sorry if this was a stupid question on my behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackeyecycle View Post
    I totally understand what your saying. After some research last night, this seems to be a somewhat common issue with Nvidia cards regarding WoW. I thought perhaps there was a well known driver for WoW players. Sorry if this was a stupid question on my behalf.
    No questions are stupid if you are trying to learn.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Thank you for your patience. I don't know what driver I had previously because when I tried to restore it just went to the default. Windows 7 will automatically move to installing the newest driver. Is there a way for me to find what I actually had?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackeyecycle View Post
    Thank you for your patience. I don't know what driver I had previously because when I tried to restore it just went to the default. Windows 7 will automatically move to installing the newest driver. Is there a way for me to find what I actually had?
    I don't know that actually, but you can try some of the more well known versions of the Nvidia drivers like 306.97 or 310.70.

I don't know that actually, but you can try some of the more well known versions of the Nvidia drivers like 306.97 or 310.70.
    I'll give that 306 a shot first. Thanks again

Deleted
    If you manually installed your original driver. Go to C:\Nvidia\DisplayDriver\ and see what you have in that folder, if it exists. If you have a driver version you are happy to try you can just navigate to the setup.exe within the driver version folder. Good Luck!

The 306 driver isn't available for Windows 7, do I just download the one available for vista?

You could also try rolling back your drivers to see if that will work.

Go to your Control Panel -> Display -> Screen Resolution then click on the Advanced Settings that is a bit above the Apply button.
    A window should open and you should see a area that says Adapter Type. Click on the Properties button and another window will open then click on the Driver tab and click the Roll Back Driver button.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    You could also try rolling back your drivers to see if that will work.
    This is the process I followed that ended up rolling back to the Windows 7 default driver selection. Thank you!

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 03:44 PM ----------

Allow me to momentarily grovel at your feet! Thank you kindly sir, I'll try them as soon as I get home from work! Much appreciated

Before you install new drivers try this - you could use Ccleaner to clear the registry of anything left behind if it makes you feel comfortable too. It might be worth just uninstalling your current driver and trying the new one over again. I wouldn't let windows update manage my drivers, just my 2 cents.

1. Go to Add/Remove Programs

2. Uninstall all Nvidia associated software (May require several reboots) (uninstall Nvidia Graphics Driver first, it may make the process faster)

3. Reboot the computer and log back into windows as normal

4. Go to folder options and select “show hidden files and folders”

The next part of the guide will remove all Nvidia files and folders from the computer.

5. Go to your C drive and remove any “Nvidia” folders if there is any

6. Double click the “Program Data” folder (Normally hidden) and remove all Nvidia folders

7. Go back to C and double click “Program Files” and remove all Nvidia folders

8. Go back to C and double click “Program Files (x86)” and remove all Nvidia folders

9. Go back to C and double click “Users”

10. Access the name of your windows profile and double click “AppData” (Normally hidden)

11. Check the “Local”, “LocalLow” and “Roaming” folders for any Nvidia folders and remove them.

12. Go back to “Users” and check the “Default” folder (Normally hidden)

13. Double click “AppData” (Normally hidden)

14. Check the “Local” and “Roaming” folders for any Nvidia folders and remove them.

The next part of the guide will remove registry entries left by the Nvidia drivers.

15. Close everything down and go back to your desktop

16. Click start, then type “regedit”.

17. Click “HKEY_CURRENT_USER” and extend the folder

18. Click “Software” and extend the folder

19. Remove all Nvidia Folders

20. Click “Wow6432Node” and extend the folder (Within the software folder)

21. Remove any Nvidia folders

22. Click “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” and extend the folder

23. Click “SOFTWARE” and extend the folder

24. Remove all Nvidia Folders

25. Click “Wow6432Node” and extend the folder

26. Remove all Nvidia Folders

27. Click “HKEY_USERS” and extend the folder

28. Click “.DEFAULT” and extend the folder

29. Click “Software” and extend the folder

30. Remove all Nvidia folders

31. Click “S-1-5-18” and extend the folder

32. Click “Software” and extend the folder

33. Remove all Nvidia folders

34. Click “S-1-5-21-1632250243-966907716-928185508-1000” and extend the folder

35. Click “Software” and extend the folder

36. Remove all Nvidia Folders

37. Close down regedit and empty your recycle bin

38. Undo the folder options change to hide the hidden folders

39. Reboot

40. Install your AMD/Nvidia drivers and reboot

Tek you are a legend. Thank you for taking the time, will be home soon. Goin to give this a try for sure!

Deleted
    This shall be my signature, because it's true.

OT - I had the same problem once.
    I used Driver Sweeper and downloaded the newest version from the Nvidia homepage.

Except for the questions which go unasked.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|