Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    5 th march is my guess. I wouldnt be that surprise if it was indeed 26 Feb though.
    Last edited by mmoca01e16f76d; 2013-02-11 at 02:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw this morning that patch info was being pushed through the downloader. Am guessing Next Tuesday for 5.2.

Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    march 5 is my guess
    otherwise its too soon
    I'm with you on March 5th. I think the people saying mid march and later are being a little crazy, especially considering everything Blizzard has said recently, and other recent trends with the game.

Deleted
    27th Feb, my guess

Patch 5.2 is very unlikely to launch in February due to the amount of work still needed on the Public Test Realm.

I suspect we'll see it mid-March, which is ideal for me, as it gives me more time to get all my reputations to Exalted, and gear my new Tanking Character for Throne of the Thunder King!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Patch 5.2 is very unlikely to launch in February due to the amount of work still needed on the Public Test Realm.

I suspect we'll see it mid-March, which is ideal for me, as it gives me more time to get all my reputations to Exalted, and gear my new Tanking Character for Throne of the Thunder King!
    yeah yeah sure, I remember that claims when MoP was in beta. "It still requires much work, we gonna see it in january"

people here forget that the builds that are ptr rarely are the latest ones, usually 5 builds behind (even when new build get released to ptr)

the only thing that could keep the patch really delayed was if there was floor problems in the raid (remember ragnaros and people falling to the emptiness ?)

raid tuning is just that, tuning, just a 5s number changes, even they could do it from hotfix

so do you think that will require them to spent 1 month to choose if a ability does 50k or 60k ?

10 man was tested, now they just do the normal thing, multiply x2.5 for 25 mans

the only thing that probably will still be tested is 10hc
    Last edited by Spike`; 2013-02-11 at 02:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can never understand why so many people guess.

The patch will be out when it is ready, LIKE EVERY SINGLE PATCH in the last 8 years. Just sit back and wait for it.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I saw this morning that patch info was being pushed through the downloader. Am guessing Next Tuesday for 5.2.
    No, no chance of that. There hasn't been a Release patch on the PTR yet, and they typically announce the end of an Arena Season with 2-4 weeks to go.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike` View Post
    people here forget that the builds that are ptr rarely are the latest ones, usually 5 builds behind (even when new build get released to ptr)

the only thing that could keep the patch really delayed was if there was floor problems in the raid (remember ragnaros and people falling to the emptiness ?)

raid tuning is just that, tuning, just a 5s number changes, even they could do it from hotfix

so do you think that will require them to spent 1 month to choose if a ability does 50k or 60k ?
    yep exactly, also having boss on ptr doesnt mean shit sometimes, take this tier for example and unbeatable boss like Imperial Vizer, overtuned Garalon, ptr testing my ass.

The Isle of the Thunder King unlock schedule won't have the final stage unlocked until Feb 22nd. Of course if they find a huge bug in the final stage they could post-patch-update it, but most software companies don't like to do that.

We also haven't seen any of the bosses come out for retesting. Quite a few of them were grossly undertuned or unkillable. And no heroic or 25 testing has happened yet. Now, all of that can be squeezed into a week or two, but it hardly seems realistic.

What big releases are scheduled for the next 6 weeks or so? Blizzard does love to step on their competition, that's got to figure into any release date speculation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I can never understand why so many people guess.

The patch will be out when it is ready, LIKE EVERY SINGLE PATCH in the last 8 years. Just sit back and wait for it.
    Why does it bother you so much that people like to talk about it and speculate? How does it really harm anyone from some guesswork? Though it is not my favorite topic, I still find it interesting and like to add my 2 cents to the speculation.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 07:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    No, no chance of that. There hasn't been a Release patch on the PTR yet, and they typically announce the end of an Arena Season with 2-4 weeks to go.
    That's good to know. Thanks I just saw the download in progress and assumed it was pre-patch content to get a head start.

Who says they even plan on doing more raid testing for 25s? Tbh I could see them testing 10h then releasing. The patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    That's good to know. Thanks I just saw the download in progress and assumed it was pre-patch content to get a head start.
    Well, it is pre-patch content, so you're right there...but they will give at least 2 weeks' warning before 5.2 goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Liax View Post
    Who says they even plan on doing more raid testing for 25s? Tbh I could see them testing 10h then releasing. The patch.
    Well, I guess they can scale it up from 10m to 25m with some formulas without testing it, and tbh with todays constantly lack of 25m guilds they won't get much feedback from testing it anways, specially not from 25m hc.

Deleted
    Before every big Contentpatch (=new raid) since cataclysm, people said "I'm 100000% sure the patch will need another 5-6 weeks!!! blizz is still testing raids.".
    In the end the patches came after 1-2 weeks!

Especially Dragon Soul was released really quite sudden... NOBODY on the forums thought it would come so soon and then suddenly there it was

Only thing that is for sure is that it wont be released before 26/27th of february because they posted the unlockschedule for the Island which completes on 22th february.
    My bet is patch in 2 weeks.

There is a good chance for the 26th but most likely it will be dropping on March 5th. I think people read too much into boss testing as the end all of testing. While blizzard does things like this to make sure which is good. A lot of times they will just push internal builds, which like said above is usually about 3 or 4 newer versions than what we see publically. Also Blizzard also has adapted a strategy of tuning mechanics and dps numbers live (I think our mist weavers and mages are familiar with this lately) showing they have less interest in Ptr testing but rather use their internal numbers and stamping out issues the were not foreseen in their test builds (ie H vizier Lfr garalon).

Only reason I said march 5th is there hasn't been a two weeks notice for our pvp friends in this game
    Last edited by akris15; 2013-02-11 at 03:16 PM.

That seems far too soon.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brothernads View Post
    Well, it is pre-patch content, so you're right there...but they will give at least 2 weeks' warning before 5.2 goes live.
    Awesome. Thanks for explaining that and being nice about it I've been a very casual player since TBC launched (I am not classic or Beta), but never really payed attention to Patch releases and have never even been into a PTR.

It'll be out first week of March I think.

Testing might conclude the week of the 26th.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.