Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Possibly. It could happen but the wording doesn't seem to support that.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

It appears a potential BIS set before accounting trinkets could have in excess of 6400 haste rating without sacrificing crit. If the proc from the Talisman of Bloodlust reliably stays at five stacks, that brings haste rating above 15000. From Whitefyst's MM Post on Elitist Jerks, this brings one past the 14167 threshold for a twelfth attack from Dire Beast.

Edit: Whitefist's chart clearly answered the final portion of my statement (removed).
    Last edited by niccert; 2013-02-11 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by niccert View Post
    It appears a potential BIS set before accounting trinkets could have in excess of 6400 haste rating without sacrificing crit. If the proc from the Talisman of Bloodlust reliably stays at five stacks, that brings haste rating above 15000. From Whitefyst's MM Post on Elitist Jerks, this brings one past the 14167 threshold for a twelfth attack from Dire Beast.

Edit: Whitefist's chart clearly answered the final portion of my statement (removed).
    And Steady shot would, with ISS, be a 1.17 cast time, with Aimed shot at 1.46 <.<. We'll just have to wait and see, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Fist and Juju for me.
    Currently Procrastinating

Bloodlust has some interest potential for Marks....

But likely Renataki and Juju for the other two.

So the only big difference between Normal and Heroic Rune is a little agility?

Also, I highly doubt the rune will take the two lowest, and add to biggest. If that does I'm going Rune and Haste trinket, hopefully line up, and playing marks.

As far as I can tell, the haste trinket is like WoU, it stacks to 5 stacks, and maintains it, as long as you keep refreshing the buff.

I think Talisman of Bloodlust works like Vessel of Acceleration
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffles View Post
    I think Talisman of Bloodlust works like Vessel of Acceleration
    Then it will give 6385, 7690, and 8680 haste (LFR, normal, H). That seems pretty powerful imo. I'd say that the talisman of bloodlust is BiS. Imagine the AoE possibilities too.

I'd say the talisman and bad juju will both be bis, by just looking at them. When we get the proc info and stuff then we can make our final decision.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 08:29 AM ----------

Honestly, if that thing gives that much haste on literally ~100% uptime then I can't see it going live. It would be like getting a weapon upgrade if i were to get that trinket now. Except said hypothetical weapon would be like ~40 ilvls above mine.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-02-11 at 08:59 AM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If there really is no ICD on Talisman of Bloodlust and it can be maintained at 5 stacks, it seems to be way way OP even for classes that don't value haste much. Hell, I can even see some haste-loving STR classes taking it over anything from T14.
    Stat budget on other trinkets seems to be worth 1 stack maintained, not all 5. I think it will either be nerfed or given some CD after 5th stack.
    Last edited by Thiron; 2013-02-11 at 08:56 AM.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidis View Post
    So you actually keep your other secondary stats. It's not so hard to believe seeing as we already get 8.5k crit from H TiTm.
    Horrendously unlikely, to the point that I'd say that if it does work like this, it's a bug. Blizzard is very much not a fan of single pieces of gear scaling in the sort of way that it gets substantially better the better your gear becomes.

I honestly do not think you will lost your other secondary stats with the run. That would just be stupid. But we will have to wait and see.

If what I said is the case, this trinket could get better as our gear gets better. More stats, the better this trinket gets. Just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Thiron View Post
    If there really is no ICD on Talisman of Bloodlust and it can be maintained at 5 stacks, it seems to be way way OP even for classes that don't value haste much. Hell, I can even see some haste-loving STR classes taking it over anything from T14.
    Stat budget on other trinkets seems to be worth 1 stack maintained, not all 5. I think it will either be nerfed or given some CD after 5th stack.
    I don't see why the stack won't be able to be maintained. We had one in Wrath of Unchaining (like I mentioned), strength DPS had Vessel, casters had one as well, and that was stacking *agility*, our primary stat. Of course, these numbers are much larger, but maybe that's why it's haste and not crit or mastery.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I don't see why the stack won't be able to be maintained. We had one in Wrath of Unchaining (like I mentioned), strength DPS had Vessel, casters had one as well, and that was stacking *agility*, our primary stat. Of course, these numbers are much larger, but maybe that's why it's haste and not crit or mastery.
    The maintained stacks are always lower than procs, for pretty obvious reasons. For example, compare http://www.wowhead.com/item=68995 and http://www.wowhead.com/item=77972. The stacking one gives 410 crit, and the proc one gives more - but on cooldown.
    Other trinkets give an average of about 1.5k agi + 1.5k secondary stats. This one would give 1.5k agi + 7.5k secondary stats. 6k extra secondary stats is WAY too big. Even 1.5k extra would make it unquestionably BiS.
    Old Gods made me do it.

You're comparing two trinkets from two different tiers. While they have the same ilvl, one is a half-tier-above normal mode trinket off the last boss in Firelands, the other is a raidfinder trinket off Ultraxion.

Take a look at the two best agility trinkets (since this is a hunter forum) in DS, the last tier in which we had a maintained-stack trinket:

Wrath of Unchaining
    Vial of Shadows

Vial had 458 agi plus a bonus attack, WoU had a permanently stacked 880 agility. It's very concievable to have a permanent-stack trinket be uber-powerful.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You should compare with Starcatcher Compass instead of vial, since vial is a damage type, not stats type. Unchaining gave 430 extra agi, and compass gave ~480 haste on average.
    Unchaining actually gave same average amount ot stats, but it was all concentrated in Agi, that's why it was good.
    If Unchaining was as powerful as Bloodlust(if Bloodlust has 100% uptime), it would have to give ~150 agi per stack, almost double.

Anyway, it's a bit pointless to argue since we don't know how it really works. I wish someone from PTR would tell.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Deleted
    Quote from Ghostcrawler in the PTR class and set bonus issues topic. Seems like it will shift your two lowest stats to you highest, but you will keep the 3000 mastery from the raid-wide buff. Got mixed feelings about it, the internal cooldown is quite low and the high amount of crit while keeping the 3000 mastery could work out as a nice DPS boost. But as discussed before might not work out well in practice.

At proc time, it checks how much crit, haste, and mastery you have (yes, this is a snapshot, and does NOT include the mastery raid buff). It finds which is the highest of those 3 (tie breaking rule: crit trumps haste trumps mastery), and gives you a buff of +[sum of lowest two stats] to your highest stat, and -[lowest stat A] and -[lowest stat B]. For example, if you have 6000 mastery, 3000 crit, 2000 haste, and the proc goes off, it gives you a buff that provides [+5000 mastery, -3000 crit, -2000 haste]. It does not continue adjusting that buff as stats change during its duration. Yes, this means that if you have a temporary buff to a stat that is not your highest (even with the temporary buff), and that temporary buff falls off during Re-Origination, you *could* end up with negative rating. In this obscure edge case, negative crit does reduce your crit chance, negative mastery does reduce whatever it normally does, and negative haste is ignored.
    Source:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...6?page=81#1606

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Quote from Ghostcrawler in the PTR class and set bonus issues topic. Seems like it will shift your two lowest stats to you highest, but you will keep the 3000 mastery from the raid-wide buff. Got mixed feelings about it, the internal cooldown is quite low and the high amount of crit while keeping the 3000 mastery could work out as a nice DPS boost. But as discussed before might not work out well in practice.

Source:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...6?page=81#1606
    Sadly this trinket will never be good for us. Even worse than current trinkets.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ow, that feels weak. Unless it has a really low icd, I can't see it being worth it for any class, not just hunters.
    If your secondary stat is so weak that you want to get rid of it, the stat buff from trinket will be low...it's only good if you're unlucky on gear, I guess...
    Old Gods made me do it.

Deleted
    That's the shittiest trinket design I've ever seen them ever come up with. It should just put all stats to the equal of the highest, so it would at least be useful.

I don't see ppl wanting to play with 0% haste, mastery or even crit for 20 seconds.