Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    The reason why the drop chance is so retarded for the rocket is because originally, it was a way to get 310% speed unlocked without becoming a Gladiator. This was before such speed was buyable. These days everybody has that speed, but the drop chance was never adjusted to be on par with every other event mount drop.
    Huh?

Pink Love Rocket has never had anything to do with 310 flight speed. The Violet Protodrake, which you got for completeing the full set of yearly event achievements awarded you 310 flight if you didnt have it already, and I think (not 100% sure) that earning either of the ICC 10 / 25 Glory achieves for the Frostwyrm mounts would give it as well. Blizzard would NEVER have tied something that granted 310 flight to a 100% completely random drop. You always had to earn it.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 08:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    Someone just went full retard, I have a screenshot of a person riding the Galleon mount.
    Would really love to see that screenie, + an armory link, + a verifiably date stamp that proves the mount dropped anytime before february of this year.

Of course, it is not even remotely possibly the person you saw riding the Galleon mount was actually riding http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=89682 instead.

I'd increase the chances a little. even just to 0.5% maybe. 0.03% is VERY low, especially considering half the people getting that do get the mount will prob not drive it round as it looks god-awful.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

0,03% is OK for dungeon mounts, that can be tried anytime people want. A mount that can be tried only once a day for very short time of one annual event is too much of a low chance. Artificially created difficulties never were a good mechanic and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    0,03% is OK for dungeon mounts, that can be tried anytime people want. A mount that can be tried only once a day for very short time of one annual event is too much of a low chance. Artificially created difficulties never were a good mechanic and never will be.
    It seems everyone here is mistaken that you should be able to get everything you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    It seems everyone here is mistaken that you should be able to get everything you want.
    No, I think you're mistaken because with enough effort everyone should have everything they want.

What's the reasoning behind making something nearly impossible to have, with no relation to the effort people put in. Just because? We all saw how well it worked in Diablo 3. (sarcasm sign)

Now im pissed even more than i lost this 2 years ago in a roll by 2.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

I think I saw one of these in Wrath. Haven't seen it since though. If you ask me, a mount with a drop rate this low, obtainable in a two week annual window, might as well not even exist. Even the people who win one don't ride it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Even the people who win one don't ride it.
    Welcome to most stupidly rare mounts in the game.

Everyone want everything to be rare as long as they have it.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    You have a 4.40% chance of getting (at least) one mount for this entire event.

If you ran 11 characters, every day, for 14 days, over the course of ten years you still have almost a 2/3 (63%) chance to see zero mounts.

Yeah, a 0.03% drop rate is stupid.
    Clearly you aren't trying hard enough, only 11 max-level characters? You can have up to 50 across multiple servers! Account wide mounts!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Clearly you aren't trying hard enough, only 11 max-level characters? You can have up to 50 across multiple servers! Account wide mounts!
    Hahah true>_<

But then, you can also be stupidly unlucky and not get it (like myself for HH-mount), it came in 08 (i think, or before achievmenets maybe) in october this year will be year 6 for me to get that mount, i did it on 9chars (+other friends alts) the 2 first years, then i have done it atleast 5times the other years. Everyone and their mother have this mount. I dont..

And speaking of unlucky, 3,5years every 3day doing ZG raptor boss before they removed it. Dont have that either but i should have around 80-90% to have seen it.

“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

I'd pretty much like to keep yoloswagging this rocket in people's faces than have it end up in every casual's hands
    Get

The

Fuck

Out

Deleted
    Stop being so mad, you can't have everything and I'd pretty much like to keep yoloswagging this rocket in people's faces than have it end up in every casual's hands and make it as worthless as every other crappy mount in this game.

pic related
    why did you have to use the word casual? makes it look like you think you are pro or something for killing that world event boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    why did you have to use the word casual? makes it look like you think you are pro or something for killing that world event boss.
    He plays a human female, It's typical of people who play that race.

Usually it's the female human rogues named "BACKSTABQT" Who talk about "Yoloswagging" around casuals...always the human females.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go cleanse my mouth with a blowtorch for using that word.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peteypuff View Post
    link an armory from someone who has the mount. there are none, because the mounts aren't in the game despite what the loot tables say.
    I was in a raid with someone who got the mount from Galleon! He showed it to all of us.

This was probably a month ago. I don't remember his name though, alas.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Potente View Post
    Umm.. im pretty confident i saw a scrubby dk on my server run off on his new galleon mount after the kill .. ummm ... about 3 months ago..
    shhh... don´t give proof of something that obviously doesn´t support the whinny OP.

And as far as ´wasting elder charms´.... big deal. If you are raiding and could use gear and you used one to double the chance to get a very very rare mount.. well then you aren´t much of a team player, are you? and if you aren´t a raider.. then guess what.. Galleon is your BEST place to use a token anyway since it offers higher gear than you can get in LFR. So which is it? are you a selfish raider who gave up gear progression to help your raid in order to win a vanity mount? Or are you a person in 483 LFR gear getting an extra roll on a boss who drops 496 gear?

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 04:25 PM ----------

You can run it as much as you won't but that doesn't change the fact that a higher drop rate means that so many people who do it even once per day will get lucky and in the end the mount will be so common that YOU the one who farmed it hundreds of times won't even use it because its just a random mount.
    Irony no? They want drop rates to be increased.. so why not use one of the other 100 mounts you have.. ´oh, because everyone else has that one´..

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I was in a raid with someone who got the mount from Galleon! He showed it to all of us.

This was probably a month ago. I don't remember his name though, alas.
    It was probably the horn, it looks similar just no armor and usuable in valley.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

link an armory from someone who has the mount. there are none, because the mounts aren't in the game despite what the loot tables say.
    Are you trying to be funny? Because it wasn't funny. Neither well-thought. Not even derailing.
    Never try this again, for your own sake.

I have 3 max level characters. And trying to get the mount daily on all 3 ofc.

No luck so far,i wont get it probably,the drop chance is just way to low. But oh well i got my Depleted Kyparium Rocket and cant wait to craft the Sky Claw coppter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi.