Thread: Rent

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Fargo, ND

1300 square feet 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom with a den and two car garage. $780 a month.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    $795 2 br/1 bath 900 sq ft Sacramento

Oh god, everyone here got so lucky.

My last student apartment was 425€ for 25m² + kitchen + bathroom. Groningen / Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    Well isn't that an insanely high price.
    Well in my defense, it's a brand new building that just opened this summer so pretty nice stuff (for now).

3 Bedroom 2 bath. With a basement and an attic House. 1700 USD Houston TX.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Sounds like $3500.00 to me.
    Bergen county NJ 1 1/2 bedroom $980.00.
    I wish it were that low. I pay an extra "You live in the Village" tax lol

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    I wish it were that low. I pay an extra "You live in the Village" tax lol
    Yeah its ridiculous down there I have a few friends in Soho and the village.
    At that price point why not get a house in my area and pay a mortgage instead of rent and earn some equity?
    I mean it is literally a 5 min drive into manhattan, I have walked and cycled there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Yeah its ridiculous down there I have a few friends in Soho and the village.
    At that price point why not get a house in my area and pay a mortgage instead of rent and earn some equity?
    I mean it is literally a 5 min drive into manhattan, I have walked and cycled there.
    Too much work to maintain a house, and I'm barely home in my apartment as it is. One day though if I ever get around to the family thing, which I could still go either way on. It's not like I'm strapped for cash, so I'm fine with the way things are right now.

I just purchased a home, but before that I had a 2Br 1Ba 900 sqft apartment. I paid 725$/mo, which included a garage stall in Minnesota. Ironically my mortgage is not much higher at 750$/mo (including insurance and escrow) for a 2200 sqft house (although part of that is an semi-unfinished basement).

10+ Year Old Account
    $250 in Wisconsin, it's my friends house and I'm taking care of it while in the navy.
    Life doesn’t get easier, we just grow stronger.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    900 sq ft condo, north of Detroit MI. 1 bed, 1 bath, attached 1 car garage, and basement. $425 per month mortgage plus $88 in association fee.

$400/month, huge 1 bedroom with a finished basement that runs the length of the duplex. Indianapolis, IN

10+ Year Old Account
    Paying 730$/546€ for a 43sqm apartment with 2 rooms and a kitchen.~ :3

Deleted
    Vejle, Denmark... 2 bedrooms, kitchen, living room, 1 bathroom 80m2, 2 fully isolated storage rooms. free washing and drying. 1500$ including heat, elctricity, water etc. And if anything breaks I just call the company/owner and they fix it, free of charge (unless I was a moron and broke it on purpose).. Also the apartment was completely renovated before i moved in with brand new appliances as well (incl dishwasher)

And this is pretty much my view from the windows

Last edited by mmoc3eb006e951; 2013-02-11 at 03:40 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    The wife and I were paying about $720/month in rent for a 2 bedroom/2 bath apt, at around 900sq ft. Finally decided to buy a house last year and ended grabbing nearly 2200sq ft, 5 bedroom/2.5 bath + 2.5 car garage for about 900/month. Can't complain at all . We're about 25-35 min west of Detroit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still live with my parents, but as I study in Gothenburg and have to commute for a total of 160 minutes per day, I'm looking for an apartment. To make it worth moving, I'm looking for an apartment within 20 minutes of the institute I study at. I'm expecting that it'll take at least a year to get an apartment and when I get one, it'll be around $800/month for 20-45 square meters, depending on the exact location.
    Last edited by Cusco; 2013-02-11 at 05:33 PM.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Your garage is 1500 square feet lol? How many cars does it hold..
    Plus : Noun. A mathematical operation of addition.

On a side note, I notice that most of us with silly sounding numbers are in the SF Bay Area. Go figure.
    Last edited by Kujako; 2013-02-11 at 05:45 PM.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturated View Post
    ground floor: livingroom + kitchen + toilet + storage
    1st floor: bedroom + shower

Approx. 60m² / 560EUR a month. Living in the Netherlands

Front = bottom two windows are mine + left upper window / right staircase on the groundfloor is leading to my house:

EDIT: Yes the house is built that way
    Reminds me of a prison

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ADman319 View Post
    I am just curious what do you pay for rent, where you live, and what kind of place.

Ill start

2Bed 1.5 Bath Redwood City CA 2100/m
    Heh wow. I'm over in San Leandro and paying $980 for a 1 BR 1 bath. Amazing how big a difference it can make depending on which side of the Bay you're on.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talokami View Post
    Heh wow. I'm over in San Leandro and paying $980 for a 1 BR 1 bath. Amazing how big a difference it can make depending on which side of the Bay you're on.
    It's even worse over here in Marin, but I like having the open hills around me. To break the numbers down a bit, I purchased a house at the bottom of the housing market, but it still cost me upwards of 400k for a three bedroom one bath. After taxes and insurance, I pay 2900$ a month. However, I get a massive tax write off and so get around 10000$ a year back. What's more, the garage here is converted into a 400spft apartment I'm going to be renting out for as much as 800$ a month (it's very nice, if small). So by my calculations, I'm paying about 1267$ a month, which is less then rent would be. Of course there are upkeep costs etc that are not factored into that.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-