Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

So, 5.2 is out in two weeks

Wondering what people's thoughts are on the timing here. Was this tier too short, or paced just right? If your guild isn't going to finish T14, are you okay with that?

Personally, I would have preferred a longer break from raiding. My guild hasn't killed Elite Protectors yet, so we'll likely do that and then have a week off before 5.2 comes out and we're back to full time raiding.

For the number of bosses in T14, maybe faster patches isn't the best idea. Most people had a problem with Cata patch lengths mostly because there were so few bosses. I think another month or two would be a better idea.

They've always released major content patches simultaneously with arena seasons starting/ending. They haven't even announced season 12 ending, so why does anyone think it's anytime soon (at least this month)?

10+ Year Old Account
    We've been going strong up until Christmas came. Since the Christmas holidays, we haven't made any progress. Real life interferences, car accidents, computers dying, people wanting to take breaks... all those things made our progress stall.

I'd have welcomed a few more weeks so as to at least be able to grab Shek'zeer FOS, but it seems that this will be the first tier since Sunwell that I will not complete. Sad. It was looking so good up until Christmas.

Welp, I was wrong. In every one of these threads I spotted, I was SO SURE it would've been on 19th March.

To be honest though? This is the 'good' kind of wrong. It's early! Yay!

As for my guild's progression? Eh, could've been better, could've been worse. I've had fun while raiding, we'll continue to have fun in 5.2. That's what matters. We can always go back and finish up in T14 every so often. It's not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchh View Post
    They've always released major content patches simultaneously with arena seasons starting/ending. They haven't even announced season 12 ending, so why does anyone think it's anytime soon (at least this month)?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...to-Kill-a-King

Deleted
    Too soon.--

I doubt since ptr testing is still plan up to feb 22nd for untested content.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

You can doubt all you want but its confirmed.

https://twitter.com/Bashiok/status/301013346717663232

Personally, I am happy for the new tier. Nothing left to do here so might as well keep it moving!
    Last edited by Irielle; 2013-02-11 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Well even if its not 26th, it should hit one or two weeks after, the topic is about general feeling that t15 is comin too soon while people maybe aren't done completely with t14 yet
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

it seems pretty damn quick... we're not a hard core guild... but was hoping to get further than 12/16 heroic before the patch launched... I agree with the poster earlier that mentioned that players were mainly complaining about raid length due to the limited number of bosses... but with 16 i think another month would've been ok...

just my 2c...

If it is 100% confirmed, then I'm happy. I won't get my last BiS pieces, but I'll never have to do heroic Vizier again, or Heroic Sha, or the heart-attack in a can fight known as Heroic Windlord

We got a late start on the tier and are only 11/16HC right now. We were just discussing last night that we should focus on finishing up Empress HC before 5.2, because we only have FOUR weeks...oops, guess that was a bit off.

Oh well, should get Empress this week and maybe have time to knock out Lei Shi and Protectors before 5.2.

On the plus side, after the guild collapse and re-form in this tier, we should hit the ground running in 5.2 and make a good push for progression, so I'm excited for that. Plus, 5.2 makes MoP a bit more alt-friendly, which I'm looking forward to as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irialx View Post
    You can doubt all you want but its confirmed.

https://twitter.com/Bashiok/status/301013346717663232

Personally, I am happy for the new tier. Nothing left to do here so might as well keep it moving!
    Not exactly confirmed. If you read the very photo you linked, Bashiok says "It all depends on how testing goes" in response to "Is this firm 2 weeks or this loose approximation two weeks?" I don't deny that it won't happen in 2 weeks but there is a possibility that it gets pushed back.

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

Too short. Should be about 2 weeks per boss.

Cata's first tier lasted 29 weeks from Cata launch, with 12 bosses. Firelands lasted 22 weeks, for 7 bosses, without the start-of-expansion hiatus. Don't understand why we're only getting 22 weeks for 16 bosses now.
    Last edited by ThePants999; 2013-02-11 at 06:30 PM.

Personally I really hate the idea. We just downed Tsulong and were about to progress on Sha HC, but 2 weeks seems to be a very short time intervall, I would have preferred a later date...
    Why do they have to push these damn patches out so fast?

I think the only thing I don't like is that they're converting my valors to justice, but they aren't converting valor rewards to justice price rewards. This put's me on the pinch to use up all my valors before the patch without coming up too short or coming up with too many that will just be wasted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kerumilas View Post
    For the number of bosses in T14, maybe faster patches isn't the best idea. Most people had a problem with Cata patch lengths mostly because there were so few bosses. I think another month or two would be a better idea.
    exaclty what im thinking too i finally just found a guild where im part of the core with my 2 friends, and we just started raiding as a core, for me, it seem pretty damn fast..

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 06:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    I think the only thing I don't like is that they're converting my valors to justice, but they aren't converting valor rewards to justice price rewards. This put's me on the pinch to use up all my valors before the patch without coming up too short or coming up with too many that will just be wasted.
    that would have bee good like they did before

This tier has been a little short, unless they keep this pace up. I'd had this tier to be short, for the next few tiers to last twice as long...

That's one month earlier that what I was expecting (since they said 4 months after patch 5.1), but oh well. Seems a bit short, not even 5 months for 16 bosses when we got 5 months for Firelands.

Starting Sha of Fear progression this week, this will be short.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch