Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakamuraa View Post
    That's what I'm saying!! Maybe make it so you can only change the gear or certain parts of it to colors that are already in the game. I don't think this would be very hard to implement but it beats seeing 20 other warlocks all looking the same even with transmog!!
    Now that would be awesome. At least provide full recolours of old sets from vendors in some way, as mog-only sets.

10+ Year Old Account
    I support this idea. Those that don't like it wouldn't have to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    GW2's items were designed with the specific purpose of being recoloured in mind. WoW's didn't. The game engine doesn't support it.

It's easy to say OH NEW GAME 13 HAS THIS WOW SHOULD TOO, but WoW's engine never predicted it. You can't just shove some code in there and be done with it, that's not how stuff works.

Also, some item/colour combinations in games that allow it always look like crap.
    This argument is invalid too. WoW’s game engine wasn’t designed for Flying or Phasing or Dailies. Hell, WoW wasn’t designed for 10 or 25 man raiding LFR, LFG and CRZ. The list of things that WoW wasn’t designed for but that we now have anyways could fill up this entire thread.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    I support this idea. Those that don't like it wouldn't have to use it.
    That won't stop them crying about how "stoopid" this possible "slap in the face" would be. Some WoW players just get absolutely offended at even the suggestion that other people have a different style or goal of play than they do. I have never understood that.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

I remember when blizzard use to say.. It's impossible to rave change or faction change.. I highly doubt adding a feature to change the color of gear would be a task for there design team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocQuantum View Post
    I have never liked the idea of transmog. If you want your gear to look different, carry around a different set of gear. Unfortunately, I am not the President of the Universe, and Blizzard didn't ask my opinion before implementing it... (Now that we have it, I use it... but I still think its a stupid idea.)

With that said, I have long argued that there should be a way of dying one's gear: changing the colors. When the idea of xmog showing up in WoW actually started being bandied about as more than just a fantasy, I suggested having tailoring/leatherworking/blacksmithing create some sort of dye that could color gear - and allowing you to change primary, secondary, and highlight colors.

I imagine if Blizzard were to introduce a dye system, it would be gated behind color points you earn with grinding rep

Matching your colors to your weapon's particle effects is a very cool thing to do. My baby Mesmer is going for this greatsword to complete her look. Fashion whilst killing bitches - yes!
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/0/..._the_Mists.jpg
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    That won't stop them crying about how "stoopid" this possible "slap in the face" would be. Some WoW players just get absolutely offended at even the suggestion that other people have a different style or goal of play than they do. I have never understood that.
    Let them cry. I think in games like these, more customization options could never hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    This argument is invalid too. WoW’s game engine wasn’t designed for Flying or Phasing or Dailies. Hell, WoW wasn’t designed for 10 or 25 man raiding LFR, LFG and CRZ. The list of things that WoW wasn’t designed for but that we now have anyways could fill up this entire thread.
    That's not quite the same thing. You're talking about brand-new systems or new additions to existing systems. Dyes would be directly modifying an existing system, and since this is art instead of code it's considerably more time-consuming to change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    You're misunderstanding. Some things can be added (and holy crap do they cause a lot of bugs with some completely unrelated parts of the game). This isn't one of them. They'd have to change every single gear texture in the game to allow for it, which is a huge waste of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they allowed this, I would re-roll my main to a priest, get the T5 set and make it all black, including the matching staff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    You're misunderstanding. Some things can be added (and holy crap do they cause a lot of bugs with some completely unrelated parts of the game). This isn't one of them. They'd have to change every single gear texture in the game to allow for it, which is a huge waste of time.
    No they wouldn't. This same argument is used against new models, "they have to change every piece of gear in the game!". They do not. One, certain models and textures are reused ALOT. Second, they can just open the same hue shader they use to limited player control.
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Deleted
    If they did that the designers would have no excuse to recolour sets, not only would it require the effort of an initial overhaul but things such as Elite PvP gear would need a complete redesign.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Rainbow powers activate! Think of the possibilities.
    This is axactly why people dont want it to be implemented lol...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    If they did that the designers would have no excuse to recolour sets, not only would it require the effort of an initial overhaul but things such as Elite PvP gear would need a complete redesign.
    Sure they would. What the proposed dye system is able to do is minor compared to a full recolor. Think of it as more a change in hue or highlights, instead of a whole cloth switch. They could still offer the incentive recolors with the drastic changes, and offer dyes for minor tweaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would bring more customization to WoW, and A LOT more different transmog sets would be made. The only real reason people aren't expirimenting with so many random gear items is because most of them don't fit in color. If they would give us color dye, for lets say 500-1k gold EACH dye (so it would be a gold sink, and something not to be used recklessly) and have them drop from random mobs appropriate to your level, that would be awesome (just like GW2, really like the dying system there).

15+ Year Old Account
    In theory this sounds great but Blizzard acts like changing the color of an item in WoW is super hardcore coding so...
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Not really people with elite gear could just keep the colors te gear comes with the same if they are that worried about it or just make it so elite gear looks different than normal gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post
    This is axactly why people dont want it to be implemented lol...
    I hate seeing PC's with names like "moneyshot", "porkloin", or "Knomsekz". So Blizz should only ever allow us to use the Blizz-approved pregenerated names, right?

Because of what mechanism does your game suffer if other people get to do something they like?

Jesus people if someone wants to be in rainbow gear they can do that already, how is that even a logical argument. The horror!

I like the idea, i'm sure a number of people would just want to be silly about it but would be nice, maybe some guild colors/ranking of sorts along with just making matching sets.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa