Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Warrior or rogue in 5.2?

Hi there,

Having trouble deciding if I should play my warrior or my old rogue for 5.2? Obviously warrior got the expected nerf, but how large impact will it have to their viability?

I've earned glad on my warrior, but can't figure out what to do in 5.2. Any suggestions?

While warriors will still be viable, they got nerfed the hardest out of any class going into 5.2. Rogues will have burst equal to warrior one shot macros to the extent that they're already downing people within the opener or even within the first cheap shot. Their mobility issues have been addressed as well as baseline prep and lower cd cloak.

I'd say rogue personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Has rogue damage been increased? I can't find that anywhere in patch notes.
    Last edited by mmoc6d927a69a1; 2013-02-11 at 06:53 PM.

Deleted
    Rouges i think. They have so much stuns and so on in 5.2 so i think you should go with that one . BUT if you are going to do RBGs just go warrior FC and you will get a groupe pretty quickly

10+ Year Old Account
    5.2 is really just 4.3 again. War is dead, Rogue is god mode; and like in 4.3, nothing will probably be done about it till the next expansion. So Rogue.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    5.2 is really just 4.3 again. War is dead, Rogue is god mode; and like in 4.3, nothing will probably be done about it till the next expansion. So Rogue.
    warriors are far from dead in 5.2. people being alarmists again.

Either choice is solid, edge goes to rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    warriors are far from dead in 5.2. people being alarmists again.

Either choice is solid, edge goes to rogue.
    The whole length of the Universe goes to rogue. Get on the PTR queue up some 3s; it's incredibly obvious. Warrior defensive ability through the nerfs to Shockwave and D Stance will make the class way too easy to focus down, coupled with the crippling changes to Overpower and the C Smash proc system, and Warrior is sub par. Then add in the Rogue buffs, and you have a 4.3 situation where Rogues replace Warriors in any comp that would take a warrior.

Oh and "people being alarmists again." I remember people like you saying that same bullshit right before DK's came into the game, right before 3.0 rets, right before the 4.3 Rogue buffs, and you know what we were right, and you were wrong, and we will be right again here.

OP, go Rogue, War is dead in PvP come 5.2.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Is rogue damage increased on PTR?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    lol'd

OT: Both will be fine. Warriors will still be hard hitting, yet mobile and utile with decent survivability. While rogues will have a bit better survivability (so I reckon at least) and better, set up burst damage.

Also, rogues will be able to do ranged damage with shuriken toss, and you can try out three different specs, while as warrior you only really have 1 viable DPS spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazix View Post
    Is rogue damage increased on PTR?
    Sublety rogues will do 4% more damage when either garrote or rupture is active on their target(from 16 to 20%), rogues are also getting 20-30 extra energy.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2013-02-11 at 07:19 PM.

Rerollers are pathetic

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-02-11 at 08:20 PM.

rogue is back to cata mongoloid damage on every dance.
    rogue for 5.2 hands down

Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    rogue is back to cata mongoloid damage on every dance.
    rogue for 5.2 hands down
    Subtlety got 4% more damage during a dance and somehow that makes them have the level of damage that Legendaries and Vial gave? Get real, anyone that believes this either didn't play last season or hasn't played on the PTR because they are not the same. I am completely against buffing Rogue damage at all as it stands, since their damage is fine on live, but it is not as bad as last season.

Uh, I really don't understand all the crying over rogues. They have the same control and the same damage, the reason nobody plays them right now is because they fall over dead as soon as a warrior/hunter looks their way and almost every team you face now has one of those two.

Rogues still do very good damage, they still do very good control, they still do very good peeling. The reason rogues are dead this season is because of the warrior over poweredness. When warriors are finally brought into line you will see people start to take rogues as well in place of warriors.

Gotta agree with Korgoth on this one.
    Go Rogue.

Deleted
    How about hunters in 5.2? I though I could use the same thread. My friend has a hunter from early cata, and would like to know how the future looks.

How about hunters in 5.2? I though I could use the same thread. My friend has a hunter from early cata, and would like to know how the future looks.
    Thug cleave is going to be an extremely viable comp in 5.2. Great opener combined with insane burst and control will make for a comp that can rival most any other comp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Rogues will have burst equal to warrior one shot macros to the extent that they're already downing people within the opener or even within the first cheap shot.
    Stop making stuff up.
    Rogue damage didn't even get dmg buffs, apart from a 4% dmg buff on sanguary veins passive.
    So where you get this from that 5.2 rogues suddenly have the same burst as warrior 1 shot macro's and kill others in opener? Would love to know.

Deleted
    Has rogue damage been increased? I can't find that anywhere in patch notes.
    No but not needed rogues have good damage they just get more tools for dirty playing
    Well personally mine main melee PvP toons for that season will be rogue and monk

Quote Originally Posted by Bodylotion View Post
    Stop making stuff up.
    Rogue damage didn't even get dmg buffs, apart from a 4% dmg buff on sanguary veins passive.
    So where you get this from that 5.2 rogues suddenly have the same burst as warrior 1 shot macro's and kill others in opener? Would love to know.
    Rogues scale better than most classes.

Sinister Calling, Find Weakness, Master of Subtlety etc, all scale EXTREMELY WELL. Rogue damage will naturally be buffed by higher ilvl gear moreso than other melees. Then you have the Rogue changes on top. Then you have other class changes. TL;DR - Rogues dominate the meta-game.

Warriors are getting more damage, and less utility, so it will be a boring, linear playstyle where you don't actually do more damage than other classes, just have no utility. Rogues won't quite be god (that will be monks) but they will have at least 6 top-end viable comps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockoma View Post
    Rerollers are pathetic
    Infracted
    +10 fotm rerollers have realy small B=)

Quote Originally Posted by Bodylotion View Post
    Stop making stuff up.
    Actualy he isnt totally wrong, there is already a 1 sort of 1 shot macro for combat rogue''s