Thread: Blizzcon 2013

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Blizzcon 2013

Does anyone know the possible 2013 blizzcon dates and ticket purchase.

Deleted
    From the front page of mmo-champion:

Q4 2012 Earnings Call
    There were a few more interesting points from the Q4 2012 earnings call, other than the subscriber number drop.
    [...]

There should be a Blizzcon 2013 announcement soon.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Date isn't available yet, I'd say it'll be in October of this year.

Blizz did drop that there would be an announcement coming soon(TM).
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had to guess, I'd say there won't be one. The momentum is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    From their recently earning call, they said there would be an announcement about Blizzcon soon. I doubt they'd cancel two in a row.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if I follow, are you saying there aren't things they could announce?

They will almost certainly announce the next Warcraft expansion at Blizzcon 2013 - which has been confirmed by Morhaime in several places (including the earnings call).

In the past, Blizzcon has been held on a Friday and Saturday in mid-to-late October (2005, 2008, 2010, 2011) or August (2007, 2009) at the Anaheim Convention Center. According to the Anaheim Convention Center website (http://www.anaheimconventioncenter.c...tCalendar.aspx), the only available weekend dates in October are Oct. 18th - 20th. With a conference booked on Oct. 17, it seems like they wouldn't have enough set-up time to have it in October.

September is wide open, and the weekend of August 9-11 is available as well (Aug. 16-17 is open but a conference starts on the 18th so we can likely rule those days out). Unless they decide to hold it elsewhere (Vegas?), we're probably looking at August 9-10 or a weekend in September as Blizzcon dates.

10+ Year Old Account
    To elaborate: my guess is, they will announce that there is no Blizzcon 2013.

They've already announced that there is
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

I'll just leave these here for you:

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/08/27/mi...s-on-for-2013/

MORHAIME'S TWEET: "Happy new year everyone! Hope to see you at #blizzcon 2013."
    https://twitter.com/mikemorhaime/sta...85563067531264

MORHAIME ON Feb. 7, 2013 EARNINGS CALL: "Lastly, I want to remind everyone that BlizzCon will make its return later this year. We'll have more details announcements soon and we're looking forward to reconnecting with our players this year to hear their thoughts, share the latest Blizzard news and share along with them at the Blizzard eSports Global Finals. We hope you'll be able to join us at the show."
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/1167...nscript?page=6
    Last edited by brothernads; 2013-02-11 at 08:34 PM.

ofc there is, and blizzcon 2013 may be fucking huge

*WoW - Next xpack
    *"Titan" - Next gen mmo
    *Blizzard All stars
    *Diablo III - first xpack

Quote Originally Posted by brothernads View Post
    September is wide open, and the weekend of August 9-11 is available as well (Aug. 16-17 is open but a conference starts on the 18th so we can likely rule those days out). Unless they decide to hold it elsewhere (Vegas?), we're probably looking at August 9-10 or a weekend in September as Blizzcon dates.
    So, September and they have to rush to book it?
    Which pet this year? Perhaps they will break the Murloc tradition, this year.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    ofc there is, and blizzcon 2013 may be fucking huge

*WoW - Next xpack
    *"Titan" - Next gen mmo
    *Blizzard All stars
    *Diablo III - first xpack
    Is that new Aeon Of Strife (DotA) mode for SC2?

Don't care for the rest, maybe WoW tho. SC2 third expansion would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    They could maybe do it somewhere else for once. Im not holding out but it would be a welcome change.
    Yeah it would, but for an event so huge and involving so many employees, Anaheim is better logistically and more cost-effective.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 08:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    So, September and they have to rush to book it?
    It's probably already booked, but they have asked the Anaheim CC to keep it under wraps.

15+ Year Old Account
    They only reason they didn't bother having a Blizzcon last year (beyond being "really busy") is because they didn't have anything new to announced. Mists of Pandaria had already been announce, Diablo III had just been released, and Heart of the Swarm was still quite a ways off.

If they'd had it and not announced anything groundbreaking, people would have just complained.

Deleted
    Is there any chance blizzcon could be in november

Quote Originally Posted by Koochi View Post
    Is there any chance blizzcon could be in november
    It could be - the first and second weekends in November show as being unbooked at the Anaheim CC. They have traditionally held it in either August or October, but this year could be different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzcon is usually sep - Oct. Though they did have one in late summer, if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Blizzcon is usually sep - Oct. Though they did have one in late summer, if I remember correctly.
    In the past, Blizzcon has been held on a Friday and Saturday in mid-to-late October (2005, 2008, 2010, 2011) or August (2007, 2009) at the Anaheim Convention Center.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlizzCo...zzCon_editions

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it's early August / summertime. I have some friends who would love to go but never can becaues of the fall scheduling, either because of their kid's school or because work (teachers).

Not holding my breath, but it would be cool if they could finally come.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    I like that there's always some kind of murloc. Murlocs are awesome and it's cool to have it as an unofficial mascot. It's tradition!

Hasn't always been a pet though. We've had four pets - Murky (05), Grunty (09), Deathy (10) and the Murkablo (11). But 2007 was the costume, and 2008 was the Big Blizzard Bear mount.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |