Deleted

Amber Shaper & combat

Hey.
    Recently I'm back with combat spec and I have huge problem on boss mentioned in title.
    Straight to the point: how to use Blade Flurry? From destabilized target onto reshaped person or opposite?
    I am confused because on first phase (100-70%) I am doing maybe 1,5-2kk BF dmg and it's not what I expect from me on this fight.
    Or should I stick to the single target rotation reshaped people?

I have noticed that Blade Flurry seems to not take damage multipliers into account. Example: on Garalon, if you attack the body and cleave the legs (while in the circle of course), Blade Flurry only does 100% damage rather than 200% damage.

If it works the same for all similar mechanics, you will want to attack the destabilized player, and Blade Flurry secondary targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    I have noticed that Blade Flurry seems to not take damage multipliers into account. Example: on Garalon, if you attack the body and cleave the legs (while in the circle of course), Blade Flurry only does 100% damage rather than 200% damage.

If it works the same for all similar mechanics, you will want to attack the destabilized player, and Blade Flurry secondary targets.
    Blade Flurry currently works like this, I'm pretty sure:

If there's a debuff on the target that makes the target take extra damage, or a buff on the target that makes it take less damage, then blade flurry ignores this. So if a target takes only half damage, and you deal 200k premitigated with an eviscerate, then the target receives 100k and the blade flurry target recieves 200k. If there is a buff on the rogue that makes the rogue deal more damage, or a debuff on the rogue that makes the rogue deal less damage, than ALL the damage is boosted or reduced.

Garalon is the ONLY exception to that right now- Garalon puts a buff on the rogue, but the extra damage is not mirrored. Blizzard confirmed this is a balance issue, which is why they made it work differently (if your 200k eviscerate hits the leg, the leg will take 400k, but the body will only take 200k- this is a special case).

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Garalon is the ONLY exception to that right now- Garalon puts a buff on the rogue, but the extra damage is not mirrored. Blizzard confirmed this is a balance issue, which is why they made it work differently (if your 200k eviscerate hits the leg, the leg will take 400k, but the body will only take 200k- this is a special case).
    What I'm saying is that if you attack the body with a 200k eviscerate, then the leg will also take a 200k eviscerate, rather than 400k as you would expect with the buff. In other words, Blade Flurry is ignoring the damage buff completely in this scenario.

My question is, does it ignore damage increases elsewhere, or is it just a problem with Garalon. I can't say one way or another, as I've gotten into the habit of attacking whichever target has the damage buff after my experiences with Garalon.

Not enough information.
    Is it heroic? Is there any logs?
    Basically BF has very high uptime, there's always time to cleave something. Reshaped tanks during p1 (from vizier), reshaped players and living ambers in p2 (from monstrosity), you can cheese it up and cleave in p3 aswell, if you like pointless DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazius View Post
    Not enough information.
    Is it heroic? Is there any logs?
    Basically BF has very high uptime, there's always time to cleave something. Reshaped tanks during p1 (from vizier), reshaped players and living ambers in p2 (from monstrosity), you can cheese it up and cleave in p3 aswell, if you like pointless DPS.
    This is normal. To be exact I am helping our 2nd raid group/alts and beign played in Assassination until last week. Unfortunally we have no WoL data for those runs. As for your last part I believe it's waste of energy keeping BF up in phase 3 so I'm not using it at all there.
    What for phases 1&2 I did cleave from phase target onto reshaped people and after wipe PhoenixStyle (some kind of info addon) showed I did belowe 5kk dmg on controlled players where after wipe on mid of 2nd phase I did over 10kk with single target.

Deleted
    Depends on what strategy you use, but some pointers:

1. Save all cooldowns until first construct, then go BF nuts while staying on the boss. Second construct (presuming you're not going 3 tank strat), swap to him and BF
    2. In between constructs you shouldn't have to BF the ambers - it's very marginal and someone else should be designated on those anyway
    3. In P2, things get a little more tricky. You should be able to BF adds/constructs throughout most of it while on Monstrosity, but if you want to KS make sure to abuse the range: quickly run away so that you're <10yd from Monstrosity but 11y> from Amber-Shaper - if you KS there you will only hit monstrosity and not get half of the cooldown wasted
    4. P3 don't bother with BF, just nuke until you're turned into a construct yourself

I'll attach a video later to demonstrate how I did it.

Last edited by mmoc0b3cb0c063; 2013-02-12 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachtobi View Post
    -size snipped-
    this is normal version fight video
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-02-12 at 08:38 PM.
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    this is normal version fight video
    I'm happy we got that out of the way. Fortunately:

Quote Originally Posted by Kyok View Post
    This is normal.

Deleted
    Blade Flurry currently works like this, I'm pretty sure:

If there's a debuff on the target that makes the target take extra damage, or a buff on the target that makes it take less damage, then blade flurry ignores this. So if a target takes only half damage, and you deal 200k premitigated with an eviscerate, then the target receives 100k and the blade flurry target recieves 200k. If there is a buff on the rogue that makes the rogue deal more damage, or a debuff on the rogue that makes the rogue deal less damage, than ALL the damage is boosted or reduced.

This. 10char

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    What I'm saying is that if you attack the body with a 200k eviscerate, then the leg will also take a 200k eviscerate, rather than 400k as you would expect with the buff. In other words, Blade Flurry is ignoring the damage buff completely in this scenario.
    No, you have a buff that increases damage to the leg. If you are attacking the body, your damage outlay is not affected by the buff. Your blade flurry damage isn't either, because the buff didn't affect the damage you dealt, and bladeflurry just copies that.

My question is, does it ignore damage increases elsewhere, or is it just a problem with Garalon.
    It's just a Garalon issue. Blizzard didn't like the damage mirroring working against the body, so they hotnerfed that. It's exactly what I said: buff damage is copied, debuff damage is not, with the exception that Blizzard hotfixed Garalon to work differently than everything else in the game.

Deleted
    In phase 2, be aware of your position.
    Once you are blade flurring then, make sure that your attacks dont hit Amber shaper cuz that is wasted dps then cuz of the 99% dmg reduction.

No, you have a buff that increases damage to the leg. If you are attacking the body, your damage outlay is not affected by the buff. Your blade flurry damage isn't either, because the buff didn't affect the damage you dealt, and bladeflurry just copies that.
    I think I'm making sense of it now. Basically, Blade Flurry itself is not affected by buffs at all, but buffs affecting your normal damage will increase Blade Flurry damage, since its mirrored.