Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So it is intended for us to replace our sha-touched weapons with legendary/prismatic gems sockets with the next tier of weapons with the prismatic, I guess I assumed we'd keep the sha-touched throughout continuing to make it better until it turned into the legendary like so many other legendary chains in the past.

Blizzard is doing perfect work since 5.0. With every move.

Stop complaining about the fact that you have to raid t14 with your alts before getting to t15. That's how it's supposed to be played lorewise and, for my taste, gameplaywise. I hated that catch up mechanisms from LK and Cata, where every [snip] could get that items from the ENDBOSS of the Expansion even if he just hits 80/85 3 or 4 weeks before that.

WoW is to be played with a character you are really bound with and where you can invest all of your effort. And thats why I love MoP so far - who cares about alts?
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2013-02-12 at 04:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    I think the problem here is LFR dropping 502 loot. If it dropped 496 loot you'd have a point, and I'm almost positive my guild would continue working on heroic T14, at least part of the time. But since LFR drops better loot, my guild will just expect people to be 502 ilvl quickly, and we'll pop into T15, at least farming the first 4 bosses or so until we can make more progress.

Plus you forget that for the good part of BC, Mount Hyjal had an attunement and you couldn't farm gear from there until you killed Kael'thas and Vashj. It's the reason why so many guilds went 3/5 and 4/9 the week after they downed Kael'thas. Not saying that method was better, just saying that Blizzard had artificial walls keeping people in their "proper" tier until they had the skill and dedication to move on. There are no such walls in this expansion, only new LFRs that provide better gear, and new tiers that make old ones pointless.
    Hmm, they could always go back to having the heroic raids require some piece (or multiple pieces) of obscure resist gear only available from the previous tier raids. Something like the Onyxia scale cloak. In fact if you did it on a bunch of gear you could have the lfr drop the same ilvl and stats as normal but missing that required resist. This would eliminate the pressure from your guild for you to do lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by relentless92 View Post
    Blizzard is doing perfect work since 5.0. With every move.

Gonna assume you don't PvP.

It will be quite tricky for someone doing just LFR to actually get into the new one. Heart and Terrace drop 483 ilvl gear so you'll pretty much have to be wearing almost full set, which, with current loot system's chance of getting something useful is just hard. At least new valor gear will boost ilvl heavily but I think they should release 476 ilvl epic weapons (not too much to ask with 5.2 gear being at 522).

Didn't they say that the last stage is unlocked on the 22th so wouldn't they want to test that for a week before making it go live? Then again it is blizzard :|

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Then again, PVPers are never happy, no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by furydeath View Post
    Didn't they say that the last stage is unlocked on the 22th so wouldn't they want to test that for a week before making it go live? Then again it is blizzard :|
    its only the island testing, and if u look at their Schedule its about 3-4 days max between every stage.

Feb 8 – PTR set to Stage 1.
    Feb 12– PTR set to stage 2.
    Feb 15– PTR set to stage 3.
    Feb 19 – PTR set to stage 4.
    Feb 22 – PTR set to stage 5.

And they have already been testing it internally for a long time im pretty sure.

Its pretty clear Blizzard is getting more and more desperate. Game going on sale and giving out patch day release well before. Looks like few millions have quit in last few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Its pretty clear Blizzard is getting more and more desperate. Game going on sale and giving out patch day release well before. Looks like few millions have quit in last few weeks.
    For crying out loud, not this argument again!

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I still think they should maintain the upgrade system, and make ToT gear impossible to upgrade until 5.3. Hell, at least we could keep the Justice upgrades for blues. Having 471 items instead of 463 is a pretty decent help for new alts.
    But you are missing the bigger picture.. they are drastically increasing the drop rates in 5.0 LFR. Also, they are DRASTICALLY decreasing the VP cost of the 489 rep gear. Nobody is going to be wanderin around in dungeon blues for very long, and certainly not long enough to worry about upgrading them with JP.

My guess is they have done the math pretty well and have a time-frame of how long they want you to be at 90 before getting into the 5.2 LFR... probably 2 5.0 LFR runs if that. Between world bosses, decreased cost of VP items, increased drop rates of LFR gear, and the 5.0 lucky charms which you can now get from killing mobs on the new island (which means you can get bonus rolls for every boss in 5.0 LFR).

Too soon, executus!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthzil View Post
    It will be quite tricky for someone doing just LFR to actually get into the new one. Heart and Terrace drop 483 ilvl gear so you'll pretty much have to be wearing almost full set, which, with current loot system's chance of getting something useful is just hard. At least new valor gear will boost ilvl heavily but I think they should release 476 ilvl epic weapons (not too much to ask with 5.2 gear being at 522).
    If ALL you are doing is 5.0 LFR, than yeah, it might be tricky. But there are also the world bosses that drop 496, The 5.1 Reps which give 3 pieces of 496 gear, craftables, and old reps that give 489. If ALL you are doing is 5.0 LFR, then you also had nowhere else to spend your valor, so almost every piece of 483 LFR drops should also be upgraded by now (what else did you spend your vp on).

I have not stepped foot into a normal 5.0 raid and I am like ilvl 491 on my main.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 10:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    its only the island testing, and if u look at their Schedule its about 3-4 days max between every stage.

Feb 8 – PTR set to Stage 1.
    Feb 12– PTR set to stage 2.
    Feb 15– PTR set to stage 3.
    Feb 19 – PTR set to stage 4.
    Feb 22 – PTR set to stage 5.

And they have already been testing it internally for a long time im pretty sure.

This and the fact that stage 4 and 5 will probably not hit live realms for a few weeks after 5.2 launches.

´but who is going to test stage 5 on the PTR if everyone is on their live realm for 5.2´ ---- the bums who can´t afford $15 a month and play PTR like it is a live server. Sad, but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Yea, right, I don't see PvP as a part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    do you know how pathetic you sound?

Of course they have to give out an estimate of when the patch is coming... same way they ALWAYS do at the end of an arena season. They also always give a heads up whenever their is a major currency conversion.

I don't understand clearly what the new system is going to be after patch 5.2.
    Will VP continue to be given for daly quests on Pandaria (i.e. Lotus, Pandashan, and other factions) or will there be no VP points at all for any daliy quest (including quests in the new "a la Isle of Quel’danas") ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arthzil View Post
    I don't really understand why you believe that. The 5.1 496 gear + the new 522 valor gear. Sha / galleion and crafted 496 stuff will make it a joke to get to 480. They are also going to increase the drop chance for gear in the current LFR.

My warrrior hit 90 last week and I am already at 479. If I wasn't cheap I could buy some 496 stuff and easily be over 480.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    do you know how pathetic you sound?

Of course they have to give out an estimate of when the patch is coming... same way they ALWAYS do at the end of an arena season. They also always give a heads up whenever their is a major currency conversion.
    Arena season is not starting on day one of 5.2. And since its not confirmed date - ppl should not be taking the currency conversion seriously.

Secondly... They are yet to start any 25 man testing. Heroic testing is starting now. Its pretty obvious they are trying to get some ppl buying the game and then probably postponing it for few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    I'd like to see you try ToT normal in 470's average raid ilvl.
    Keep in mind, the progression when discussing the 470ish ilvl is going to be LFR to LFR.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 10:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    I think the problem here is LFR dropping 502 loot. If it dropped 496 loot you'd have a point, and I'm almost positive my guild would continue working on heroic T14, at least part of the time. But since LFR drops better loot, my guild will just expect people to be 502 ilvl quickly, and we'll pop into T15, at least farming the first 4 bosses or so until we can make more progress.

Plus you forget that for the good part of BC, Mount Hyjal had an attunement and you couldn't farm gear from there until you killed Kael'thas and Vashj. It's the reason why so many guilds went 3/5 and 4/9 the week after they downed Kael'thas. Not saying that method was better, just saying that Blizzard had artificial walls keeping people in their "proper" tier until they had the skill and dedication to move on. There are no such walls in this expansion, only new LFRs that provide better gear, and new tiers that make old ones pointless.
    Yeah the higher ilvl from T15 LFR very well could be the big problem. I would have no issue scaling it back to equal or be just below Heroic T14 gear. Yeah I forgot about the MH attunement, sorry about that. I absolutely think that the attunements need to come back in some form though. Requiring you to kill all of the end bosses of the previous tier before moving on. Much like LFR requires you to finish out one segment before you progress. There does need to be some rational flow to where you as your character needs to progress through the story. Not to where "Oh we landed on Pandaria" followed immediately by "hey a raid and I just killed Garrosh, guess I'm done then."

people still play this game? oh my.....