Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    It is black and white. You could be midstroke and if she says "No, stop. I changed my mind" you STOP! Continuing is rape and I would say that's not very becoming. There is no question of turning something off, you strap your dick back into your pants and walk home.
    You my good sir are either not very experienced in the world or are VERY VERY stuck on the idea of human superiority.

NOTHING is black and white NOTHING. It;s one of the VERY few certainties i believe in.

Honestly i wouldnt blame women if they did this here (in my city), since there is atleast two rapes aweek here. And the police is too stupid to find the rapist, even when they know what he looks like (drawing). But the girls are always drunk, and wanders into the wrong streets 3:00 in the morning. Why, i do not know.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    There are lots of variables in every course of life. There are lots of variables for theft and murder. The point is that when you cross that line, you are a thief, a murderer, or in this case, a rapist - no excuses.
    No but REASONS are NOT excuses..I really dislike how people mistake my stating REASONS or observations as excuses. I am NOT saying such things are right but i AM saying there may be reasons and by knowing/accepting these reasons exist we can better protect ourselves and others.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I don't think so, but it never hurt anyone to be a little cautious.
    There's a fine line between "cautious" and "obviously going out of my way to avoid men because they'll rape me." Granted, those two are extremes, but still.

And not all feminists are like that. Much like some religious people (Christian, Islam, Jews, etc) just because we see it the most means that that is how they all are. I had a feminist prof during my undergrad and I never felt emasculated or put down because I was a man in her class. Her feminist ideals were common sense and went along the "everyone should be equal" lines.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    NOTHING is black and white NOTHING.

You would be wrong. There are many things that are Black and White.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I see you;re one of those people who thinks humans aren;t either A animals or B don;t have instincts that can take over...

You are sadly wrong on both areas. Base instincts exist and when too strong they CAN override logic. It's actually well known just for survival more then anything.
    Bullshit.

When someone takes one of my fries, my "instincts" tell me to punch them in the face. When some guy checks out my gal, same thing. It's base possessive instinct.

It's also something we're all expected to keep a lid on, because we're not feral beasts.

10+ Year Old Account
    You my good sir are either not very experienced in the world or are VERY VERY stuck on the idea of human superiority.

NOTHING is black and white NOTHING. It;s one of the VERY few certainties i believe in.
    When a girl says, "No, stop, I changed my mind. Remove your penis," that, in fact, is very clearly black and white.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    1990's War on Men, the kids that grew up in the schools that villified the American male are now turning into adults.
    Actually in some ways yes LOL. Seriously couldn't even hang with buddies without getting into trouble sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    No but REASONS are NOT excuses..I really dislike how people mistake my stating REASONS or observations as excuses. I am NOT saying such things are right but i AM saying there may be reasons and by knowing/accepting these reasons exist we can better protect ourselves and others.
    Excuses are excuses. There are no "reasons" to rape.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

10+ Year Old Account
    So instead, you choose to agree that rape is sometimes justifiable. You got her good, didn't you?! -.-
    Heh talk about not getting me. Reasons are more complex then that. I have NEVER said rape is good or justifiable..well i don;t mean it like that at least. This is a VERY touchy subject with no real balck and white short of MAYBE the classic rapist that we see in so many portrayals. I try to understand the reasons behind things to better deal with them that is not bad. But it also means sometimes you need to see things differently and even try to understand others such as rapists.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see you;re one of those people who thinks humans aren;t either A animals or B don;t have instincts that can take over...

You are sadly wrong on both areas. Base instincts exist and when too strong they CAN override logic. It's actually well known just for survival more then anything.
    Yes, humans are animals, but there is a distinct difference between humans and other species.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    I meant the violence on the news not rape specifically.
    That too TBH. And sorry thread context and all that.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're humans not animals.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh talk about not getting me. Reasons are more complex then that. I have NEVER said rape is good or justifiable..well i don;t mean it like that at least. This is a VERY touchy subject with no real balck and white short of MAYBE the classic rapist that we see in so many portrayals. I try to understand the reasons behind things to better deal with them that is not bad. But it also means sometimes you need to see things differently and even try to understand others such as rapists.
    This isn't VH1: Behind the Rapist. There is no "Well, maybe he did it because_______". A person says no, end of story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you also wear a trench coat? I'd probably think you're a rapist too.
    No short sleeved shirts and jeans. Most often with a flamboyantly bright red/plaid hat i got as a gift.

10+ Year Old Account
    Certain forces certainly have created stereotypes for the average rapist, and human paranoia (or should I be reasonable and say their "fight or flight" instinctual response?) has extended it even further, making all people (primarily men - because who's ever looked at a woman and thought "RAPIST!"?) seem like a potential attacker. The dark, it seems, also plays its hand at making people scarier, for humans cannot see as well in the darkness, making it the best time for crime.

But hey, is it worth it to be so cautious? If it's going to happen, it probably will, so why not relieve yourself of anticipatory worry and face the worry when it's necessary? Sure, one could say, "So what you're saying is walk through a shady alleyway rather than on a safer sidewalk because it's not worth it to analyze risk?" VALID QUESTIONING. But if you're being so cautious in the first place, just wield yourself with a preventive weapon. No use limiting yourself, being afraid to go out at night, being afraid of men with beards, etc. and so forth. You're just making it easier for the actual rapist to analyze all the ways their victim analyze their own risk, allowing them the luxury of knowing when you're least cautious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    It takes penis mastery to make it sit back down, maybe, but you can always walk away. I've gotten plenty of erections in my time that didn't result in an orgasm. I've made out with plenty of girls that got me seriously hot and bothered who weren't ready to take it further yet, and with some degree of nasty physical pain, I was able to go home. The idea that you can get turned on by a woman and be unable to stop yourself from having sex with her is absolute nonsense.

And different men have different levels of testosterone and even how it affects us differs.Sorry that yours seems kinda weak compared to some of ours.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm totally able to understand someone's motivations while absolutely condemning them, dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    The War on Men has been going on since the 90's in the US.

Case and point: a man who finds a lost child and takes them by the hand around the store is immediately considered a pedo trying to kidnap the kid. A woman who does the same thing doesn't get a second look.

Men are guilty until proven innocent when it pertains to anything that has to do with sexual relationships or children.
    This is exactly one of my issues. Not always there but it IS there and it IS bad.

Deleted
    And different men have different levels of testosterone and even how it affects us differs.Sorry that yours seems kinda weak compared to some of ours.
    Not gonna make you a raging monster who can't think.