Thread: Lava Lash fix

Lava Lash fix

So I always wondered why lava lash is physical attack but is turned into a magic attack. Reason being try hitting a dk who used ams with lava lash they r immune. So this proves me to at least that lava lash although comes from a physical attack is actually magic damage. Now if it is magic damage why does lava lash not benefit from our mastery? If it did it would be more potent ofc but its our hardest hitting ability and should be able to benefit from more than just our attack power. Our master says fire damage what is the difference between fire and lava damage? Lava burns,,,, fire burns,, Both are bad to anything so what the hell man? Currently on average unless ur in 495+ gear as a enhancement shaman your running with 35-45% mastery . That would make Lava Lash (as a guestimation) hit for another 7-12k. Cant double the damage bc it would have to be a 200% mastery and 100% is only half of what you currently have added so 1/4 of normal 35-42k lava lash (that how i got my numbers in my head ofc not real math) XP. Would be huge dps increase and plus with searing flame stacks which would and should also be stacking with our mastery could make our lava lash numbers much larger which is only a good thing seeing we can only use it ever 8 seconds?? Monks have 300-500k hits so do locks warrior rogues ok yall get the point. This is not a QQ post im just like cmon it only makes since for lava lash to benefit from mastery if its actually magic dmg

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm all questionmarks here.....

As far as I know, Lava Lash has always benefited from mastery.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by sargis View Post
    So I always wondered why lava lash is physical attack but is turned into a magic attack. Reason being try hitting a dk who used ams with lava lash they r immune. So this proves me to at least that lava lash although comes from a physical attack is actually magic damage. Now if it is magic damage why does lava lash not benefit from our mastery? If it did it would be more potent ofc but its our hardest hitting ability and should be able to benefit from more than just our attack power. Our master says fire damage what is the difference between fire and lava damage?

Lava burns,,,, fire burns,, Both are bad to anything so what the hell man? Currently on average unless ur in 495+ gear as a enhancement shaman your running with 35-45% mastery . That would make Lava Lash (as a guestimation) hit for another 7-12k. Cant double the damage bc it would have to be a 200% mastery and 100% is only half of what you currently have added so 1/4 of normal 35-42k lava lash (that how i got my numbers in my head ofc not real math) XP.

Would be huge dps increase and plus with searing flame stacks which would and should also be stacking with our mastery could make our lava lash numbers much larger which is only a good thing seeing we can only use it ever 8 seconds?? Monks have 300-500k hits so do locks warrior rogues ok yall get the point. This is not a QQ post im just like cmon it only makes since for lava lash to benefit from mastery if its actually magic dmg
    (Hit enter every once in a while, makes it easier to read than a wall of text)

Lavalash is modified by our mastery

Enhancement Shamans are just like Rogues, your damage is not big hits like Warriors, Paladins, DKs or WW Monks. Instead, your damage is spread around several abilities that do damage in quick succession.

Eg. Warrior hits Raging Blow with MH for 100k and 50k OH, Shaman does Stormstrike:
    Warrior: Raging Blow hit for 150k total
    Shaman: Stormstrike with both weapons, have a chance to proc Static shock, and then you have Flame tongue and chance to proc Windfury and also give you Maelstrom weapon stack(s) almost always.

Same thing for Hunters, our best crits are like 160k Kill Command with mid-fight Bestial Wrath + Blood Fury + Engi tinker up, Kill Shot isn't much better.

Edit: If you think Rogues and Warlocks(Affliction, since that is the best spec atm) have big hits, you are fairly mistaken.. Warlocks are a DoT class, only Destro should reach big hits since it isn't focused around DoTs, rather more Fire mage style, 1 DoT up and spam 1, 2, 3
    Last edited by Tehterokkar; 2013-02-12 at 05:33 PM.