Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Two weeks starts to cut into most planning cycles. I think that's the reason for the negative reaction.

Deleted
    It is always easier to notice the whiners, and there are always whiners. Therefore according to the community Blizzard will never to the right thing. I do not think it is a day to early

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Both, I think. LFR certainly makes it easier to walk away from normal mode content that one isn't find fun.
    I believe that this is an important change that some in the raiding community have not yet quite absorbed. There's still a fair amount of conversation about the number of people raiding in Normal/Heroic and concern that the numbers are quite a bit lower and thus signalling the end of raiding. I do think that a great deal of that is people migrating to LFR and jumping off the raiding guild/raid night treadmill but of course I have no idea how much. But I think it's quite a lot.

The question I've been asking lately without getting much of an answer is to note how at least the raiding community represented on forums has been complaining for years about the less-than-stellar players in their ranks and guild applications so now that some portion of them have gone away is this necessarily a bad thing? It's not a question I have an answer for myself but if they're worried about fewer raiders in normals/heroics it might be an example of 'be careful what you wish for'.

That said, I think raiding is doing fine and they should be pleased at the amount of content this expansion has so far provided. It doesn't appear to me as if Blizzard has slacked off its commitment to raiding at all. Indeed, with the addition of LFR difficulty, they seem to be pursuing it with more energy than they have for some time. Raiders should take note of that when they complain about LFR and wish it to be gone.

More on-topic: I think that too much content is better than the alternative. Enough said.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-02-12 at 12:33 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    Two weeks starts to cut into most planning cycles. I think that's the reason for the negative reaction.
    Many times we don't even get two weeks. And rarely do they actually come out and say say that it's happening.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Deleted
    I don't really mind if they launch it at the 26th, the only problem, and imo its a big one, is that how will they be able to fully test the new raid, since only 10m normal has so far been tested (not counting today). If they were to test all the modes and difficulties which I assume they will, then they would need to perform a test everyday with a minimum of 3 bosses, and even then it would be tight, perhaps too tight for comfort. I believe it's gonna be delayed by atleast one week if they don't want toptierguilds to act as test subjects a'la sinestra, which I hope they learned off.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    That isn't a valid reason. If you're working on it, it's current to you. Coming up with every excuse possible to hold off on a patch doesn't make it more valid. So where is the line drawn then? Say they hold off until april to reach 5.2. You finish it and are ready for 5.2 to hit. Well then there are people making these same threads because they are still working on T14. Should they continue to hold off 5.2?
    Dat S.O.D picture..

While I can understand this, remember two things: 5.2 has been on the PTR a while now, and secondly, Blizzard stated they wanted to push content/patches out quicker. Knowing this, I'd think any commonsense would dictate it'd be released "soon."

10+ Year Old Account
    One reason would be the guilds who are close to getting the "Cutting Edge" achievements.

| Gantzie [Warrior] (Main) of Mors Certa, US-Kil'Jaeden | Saej [Shaman] | Truckette [Paladin] | Aelo [Rogue] | Volgia [Warlock] |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantzie View Post
    One reason would be the guilds who are close to getting the "Cutting Edge" achievements.
    It's an achievement. It isn't important for anything other than epeen.

Understood, but let's be perfectly honest, long term plans should be adjusted as soon as the PTR goes up.

We've known for several weeks now that the patch is coming, that couldn't be any more obvious or transparent. If people haven't accounted for the typical six-eight week turnaround, it's really their own fault =/

Not saying there's anything wrong with a little more warning, but some people are reacting as if 5.2 is suddenly being sprung out of nowhere >.>

Current raid content will have been available for nearly five months by the time 5.2 is expected to launch. I understand some people are still working on it, but they can't hold out forever. Progression still is valid, as there isn't a leap-frog mechanism in place. The next set of gear will help them supplement themselves to push though.

Bring on 5.2.
    Last edited by Bashkar; 2013-02-12 at 12:45 AM.

Deleted
    This.

With Hots launching and the post the other day about testing new stuff on the PTR til the 22nd, we kindof figured we had 6 weeks to clear a bit more of hof. Now we are down to two weeks, but ofc valentines means no raids for one of those weeks (sex> wow, who knew?) so it's one week...we ain't getting both hof and toes cleared and that's a fact. Not that arsed, really, but I can easily see how someone more progression orientated might be.

And Schwarzkopf is right, T14 has made the T11 mistake of being pretty hostile to those who like their raids without wipes in the triple digits before they are done. It's not as bad as the cata opening raids and FL (which were incredibly overtuned) but they aren't karazhan level friendly, either. We all know how that turned out - massive sub loss, FL tuned down to a level where regular average people could actually do them and then DS, which was a little undertuned because blizzard overshot the mark.

Hey ho, 5.2 looks great, reminds me of ICC with troll bits stucco'd on.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post
    Or worst post? Being better? Or how about just not wanting to jump ship to a "progressive raid" environment and raiding 5 days a week?
    Then... don't and continue on doing 5.0 raids? How does 5.2 being released prevent you from sticking with 5.0 until you have picked every shred of sustenance from its carcass?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    Then... don't and continue on doing 5.0 raids? How does 5.2 being released prevent you from sticking with 5.0 until you have picked every shred of sustenance from its carcass?
    Your best players leave for another guild that IS doing 5.2 content and you get stuck in recruitment hell (also known as TBC syndrome.)

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Your best players leave for another guild that IS doing 5.2 content and you get stuck in recruitment hell (also known as TBC syndrome.)
    Many people in this thread are assuming that WoW is a single player game ... they assume that only 'ME' is important.

The problem with changes like this is that many people are affected, and the ripple effect causes many more to be affected.

The entire 2 months our guild has had available to raid and other guilds in a similar situation - has left this early 5.2 as a possible fracturing point for many guilds - that isn't something I did, it just is.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2013-02-12 at 12:50 AM.

So does that mean that the current PvP season next week?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Many people in this thread are assuming that WoW is a single player game ... they assume that only 'ME' is important.

The problem with changes like this is that many people are affected, and the ripple effect causes many more to be affected.
    Nobody is assuming wow is a single player game. If you and your guild aren't on the same page, then that's the problem. Not the release of content.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 12:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by borinaria View Post
    so does that mean that the current pvp season next week?
    yep!!!!!!!

There will always be someone to complain about something. I think the blue reply brings more attention to the issue than it really warrants. We are likely talking about a very small vocal minority of people. I would think most people would be bored to tears with 5.1 at this point.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

The entire 2 months our guild has had available to raid has left this early 5.2 as a possible fracturing point - that isn't something I did, it just is.
    Which the same can be said about people asking 5.2 to be held back because they didn't achieve special snowflake status.

So, yeah, absolutely agreed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    There will always be someone to complain about something. I think the blue reply brings more attention to the issue than it really warrants. We are likely talking about a very small vocal minority of people. I would think most people would be bored to tears with 5.1 at this point.
    Exactly. The complainers are always the most vocal, so it seems bigger than it is. I think it's pretty safe to say that many people are excited as hell for 5.2. I could understand if Blizz took all of the T14 content out of the game when 5.2 hits, but they aren't. So there isn't a good reason.

Deleted

The entire 2 months our guild has had available to raid and other guilds in a similar situation - has left this early 5.2 as a possible fracturing point for many guilds - that isn't something I did, it just is.
    I agree with the timescale thing. Many guilds will have taken 4-6 weeks just to level and gear enough people to start raiding. it's a lot of (fairly complicated) bosses to chew through in not much time, given levelling time, xmas etc The progression numbers confirm this.