Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just want this shitty pvp season to be over already.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Nobody is assuming wow is a single player game. If you and your guild aren't on the same page, then that's the problem. Not the release of content.
    The release of new content isn't the problem - it is the VERY short time compared to ANY previous release that is the problem. And it IS a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    No one, here or anywhere, is complaining about "too much content."
    People saying they want more time is a complaint against pace of content release not against quantity of content.
    Continue to play 5.1 content until you think it's time to continue. Nobody is forcing you to visit the 5.2 island and the new raid. And you can turn off the 10% buff, too.
    Yes, you do complain about too much new content. Because your raid is slow you want Blizzard to hold back content? It's not like the 5.1 raids are closed next month.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    The progression numbers confirm this.
    Yeah - far less than half of guilds are even in ToES normal, let alone finishing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    Which the same can be said about people asking 5.2 to be held back because they didn't achieve special snowflake status.

So, yeah, absolutely agreed.
    You could, oh I don't know, look at the numbers of guilds who raid regularly and wait until say, 50% of them had actually completed the current stuff before shunting the next lot of content out of the door.

Relatively few guilds have got anywhere near clearing T14, even on normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The release of new content isn't the problem - it is the VERY short time compared to ANY previous release that is the problem. And it IS a problem.
    Except for the plain and simple fact that T14 isn't going away. So you can absolutely finish what is important to you.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

No it isn't. You can play old content for many more months and continue with new content once you are done. People have done it since vanilla (my old raid continued raiding AQ40 when Naxxramas came out until we finally killed C'Thun). Getting new content fast is not a problem. Never was, never will be.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Continue to play 5.1 content until you think it's time to continue. Nobody is forcing you to visit the 5.2 island and the new raid. And you can turn off the 10% buff, too.
    Yes, you do complain about too much new content. Because your raid is slow you want Blizzard to hold back content? It's not like the 5.1 raids are closed next month.
    This. But this is a convenient fact that people want to ignore.

Deleted
    Except for the plain and simple fact that T14 isn't going away. So you can absolutely finish what is important to you.
    Not realistic. People will always want to do the new stuff.

And again - this is not a single player game like you think it is.

It's not coming in 2 weeks.
    Bashiok said that he was looking at what he would do two weeks before 5.2
    Nowhere did he say that 5.2 IS in two weeks.
    Also there's another bluepost that says what most of us know: they rarely give patch release dates before it's ready to go within a reset (week)
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not complaining about anything. I'm just pointing out that you're misrepresenting people's positions.

Again, pace is not the same as quantity. "Hold back content because my raid is slow" is not the same thing as "there is too much content / make less content." There is going to be X amount of content this expansion regardless of the pace it is released. No one anywhere said X is "too much." The only position anyone has made against 5.2 dropping in February is that they want more time, not less content.

One can argue that new content shouldn't be held back just because some raids (really the majority of raids) are "too slow" and that would be a perfectly valid position. But there is nothing to gain by arguing against a position that literally no one is taking ("too much content.").

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    It's not coming in 2 weeks.
    Bashiok said that he was looking at what he would do two weeks before 5.2
    Nowhere did he say that 5.2 IS in two weeks.
    Also there's another bluepost that says what most of us know: they rarely give patch release dates before it's ready to go within a reset (week)
    Bashiok said it was in two weeks via twitter. I don't know what you read.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

10+ Year Old Account
    And again - this is not a single player game like you think it is.
    So what you're saying is, is you have guildies that aren't going to want to raid T14 when 5.2 comes out correct?

Are you saying they are complaining because the patch is coming too soon after 5.1?
    Just overlook them, dignifing them with a response is silly. Ignoring complainers works for me, as I got no clue what you're talking about.

If they are complaining about the content of 5.2 however; I totally get that, we allready know everything the patch will contain, and the pvp changes is total bullshit. Now people getting into arena have to fight with scrubs with war superior gear, which the new guys in some cases won't stand a chance against.
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

And again - this is NOT a single player game.

10+ Year Old Account
    And again - this is NOT a single player game.
    So that's a yes? Then how about you suck it up and do what your guildies want since you know, this isn't a single player game. You're really reaching for everything you can to justify 5.2 being held off. But T14 isn't going anywhere. And if you and your guildies can't come to some kind of compromise, that's on you. Not for everyone else to have to wait for. You have many options.

1-Continue working on T14 when 5.2 hits
    2-Work on T15 content
    3-Split your week and do one day here, one day there

But it sounds like you're unwilling to compromise.
    Last edited by Seezer; 2013-02-12 at 01:16 AM.

So what you're saying is, is you have guildies that aren't going to want to raid T14 when 5.2 comes out correct?
    Nope - what I'm saying is that the content is being released just a bit too early for most guilds and that this will cause a problem.

When you spend a year on a starvation diet, then you suddenly imbibe a four course meal - it will cause a problem.

This is not about ME, I am making a comment about the game about the players. I use various things I have experienced as an example, nothing more.

PS: If whinging about the game is bad, how bad is it whinging about the whingers ... ?

Deleted
    So that's a yes? Then how about you suck it up and do what your guildies want since you know, this isn't a single player game. You're really reaching for everything you can to justify 5.2 being held off. But T14 isn't going anywhere. And if you and your guildies can't come to some kind of compromise, that's on you. Not for everyone else to have to wait for.
    Most guilds haven't finished T14.

Most players will want to leave T14 alone and do the new stuff.

Seems like a waste of blizzards efforts, really. I thought they were going to stop that?

I've seen a lot of people pissed because they haven't cleared heroic Sha yet. And this coming from people that have just cleared Terrace last month.

I miss when people didn't have a sense of entitlement in this game. Just be glad we're getting a CRAP load of content in a very short amount of time. We're getting more game for our money.