Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Dinosaur mount is TERRIBLE. The way it walks is simply awful, like it's on x10 fast forward. Fix that or it's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarzi View Post
    people still play this game? oh my.....
    People still check up on this game even though they've quit? Oh my.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 12:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Dinosaur mount is TERRIBLE. The way it walks is simply awful, like it's on x10 fast forward. Fix that or it's bad.
    I on the other hand find that it's one that I must have.

I get that it'd be a little awkward to link a competing site directly, but it'd be nice if you had the common fucking decency to point out that you edited the post rather than present it as if that's what they originally said.

Quote Originally Posted by Isilbêth View Post
    I don't understand clearly what the new system is going to be after patch 5.2.
    Will VP continue to be given for daly quests on Pandaria (i.e. Lotus, Pandashan, and other factions) or will there be no VP points at all for any daliy quest (including quests in the new "a la Isle of Quel’danas") ?
    Yes, those quests and the new quests still give Valor.

if you think you have to raid normals to do the next LFR you are over reacting, i've hit 480 just fine without a single normal/heroic piece.

Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    if you think you have to raid normals to do the next LFR you are over reacting, i've hit 480 just fine without a single normal/heroic piece.
    This. My monk is sitting at 486 and has never stepped foot into a normal or heroic. All LFR and Valor. got 496 legs off of Sha also.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Quote Originally Posted by atrixx View Post
    Keep in mind, the progression when discussing the 470ish ilvl is going to be LFR to LFR.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 10:36 PM ----------

Yeah the higher ilvl from T15 LFR very well could be the big problem. I would have no issue scaling it back to equal or be just below Heroic T14 gear.
    What?

Heroic MSV : 502
    Heroic HOF/ToES: 509

T15 LFR already is equal to or just below T14 heroic gear...

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    They really should consider upping the droprates of the T14 LFR gear this reset rather than in 5.2. I know a few players that are coming back in 5.2, but they are nowhere near the required ilvl for the new LFR, it would give them a reason to resub early.
    So you're saying they want to walk into content without putting in the effort? Sounds like they should remain unsubbed.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 03:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KoolKidKaos View Post
    Ugh need more time to upgrade stuff! WTF Blizzard
    5-6 months wasn't long enough?

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 03:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by atrixx View Post
    I agree. It doesn't have to be a lot of rep, but on one of my characters I've had horrible luck with drop rates. I also refuse to do dailies on an alt. My options for upgrades are pretty limited and I have almost maxed valor with nothing to show for it (I'm not going to bother upgrading a bunch of blues - I'd rather take the gold payout). Would like to see some amount of rep earned per boss kill - say 250 to 500.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 07:22 PM ----------

Note I said BC-like, not a BC clone. It is modified to be a blend of old BC and some newer styles. I think the biggest flaw with everything is ilvl. People see bigger ilvl and immediately go for it. However, if we look at the LFR layout. You still need ilvl 480 to get into T15 LFR. You aren't going to be able to hit that, in most cases, without doing some T14 raiding. That's no different than people having to gear up through Kara/Gruul/Mag before hitting SSC/TK. Heck a lot of people couldn't even beat Kael and Vashj before farming MH a bit.

I think we still have the same "choose your own pace" currently that BC had. I think it is mainly in the player's mind that they have to rush through content and get to that next level or they aren't doing it right. I'm not sure if there is anything that can be done to stop that outside of going back to attunements. So I don't agree that T14 is instantly invalid. If you are in a guild that has no problem carrying a person through that never bothered to get T15 Raiding appropriate gear, that is obviously not playing as intended. That is like taking a new person into BT when it came out as soon as they hit 70 just to gear them out. When most people would at least hit up T4 and some T5 content (not to mention nasty badge gear which arrived around then too).

Any guild who is choosing to stick to the progression and not bail on T14 and going on to T15 is playing at their own pace, not playing stupid. Not everyone is in the race to the end. Today's society of instant gratification is so annoying. You also see that though with the younger crowd moving into this game replacing those of us that are getting older that have been around since the beginning of time. It still comes down to player choice.
    I prefer the BC model far more than anything else they've come up with since. It was most of an entire expansion thought out and planned well with a progress at your own pace progression model. I disagree with the badge gear being 'ugly'. It was nearing the end of the expansion so it was good place to have a way to catch up on gear.

It does seem there's a little more old-school feel to their 5.2 ideas but it won't please everyone. I'm glad they aren't converting valor to justice for once. At least this keeps the existing raid content reasonably relevant until 5.3 when they will possibly have a dungeon catch-up (guessing).

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshot View Post
    It's kinda hilarious that you replaced Wowhead with Wowdb in the post.
    If by "hilarious" you mean "unethical," then I agree.

A simple disclaimer stating why they can't link to wowhead would have sufficed. Changing and saying nothing at all is just low.
    Last edited by wonderlust; 2013-02-12 at 04:57 AM.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

I'd love to see a nice summary which bosses will drop what and which bosses will be released first. So we get an idea which items we should upgrade cause we won't get a chance to see any new LFR-stuff in certain slots for quite some weeks.
    It would be crap if you can choose between two possible items to upgrade and then figure out that the first boss in 5.2 already drops better things in the slot you chose.

Deleted
    I have heard there will not be heroic testing to become more challenging

also, this patch sounds absolutely fantastic

Deleted
    Are some people seriously bitching that the time between content patches is too short?

15+ Year Old Account

sha - touched weapon bye bye at 5.2? WTF

seriously? we spent so much time on the sha-touched weapons, most of us were hoping to evole that weapon to legendary and you will force us too replace it with 5.2 epic weapon? Seriously? what is going on? i remember a blue post saying that sha-touched weapons would be on a legendary chain and they would evolve on each patch. Am i right guys?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voskopoula View Post
    seriously? we spent so much time on the sha-touched weapons, most of us were hoping to evole that weapon to legendary and you will force us too replace it with 5.2 epic weapon? Seriously? what is going on? i remember a blue post saying that sha-touched weapons would be on a legendary chain and they would evolve on each patch. Am i right guys?
    All I read was there was a legendary quest that would continue throughout all of MoP that everyone would be able to participate in.

So we get exactly that and still people moan whine and bitch that it is not exactly what they where expecting.

Big shock there I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMosquito View Post
    If by "hilarious" you mean "unethical," then I agree.

A simple disclaimer stating why they can't link to wowhead would have sufficed. Changing and saying nothing at all is just low.
    I strongly agree with this. Misquoting someone like this drives web traffic away from the source site and sends it to your own. I could quite easily equate this with a form of theft/fraud, considering Wowhead survives on its advert-generated income.

The best form of protest I can make is to remove mmo-champ from my adblock white list.

Deleted
    Damn I find it strange with no Sha touched weapons. You really need a good weapon to make up for the loss of 500 main stat

To those complaining about the replacing of links, Bashiok has already joked around with it on Twitter and doesn't really seem to care much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    To those complaining about the replacing of links, Bashiok has already joked around with it on Twitter and doesn't really seem to care much.
    I'll wait until I hear the administrators of wowhead's opinion on redirecting traffic before I let all this blow over. They are the ones wronged the most here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Damn I find it strange with no Sha touched weapons. You really need a good weapon to make up for the loss of 500 main stat
    Even in current content the Heroic Elite Regail's Crackling Dagger without Sha gem is better then Loshan, Terror Incarnate for casters (or at least Warlocks). And that's only 7 ilvl.
    Considering the new raid will up the ilvl across the board it will be easy to find better weapons then Sha-Touched.

I for one am happy I won't have to shell out 10k for a new gem with every weapon upgrade.