Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i myself stopped playing wow because i just dont like mmo's in general. having said that, wow still managed to get me hooked for almost 8 years(played since release) and this is a feat that no other mmo can deliver. i tried other mmo's, i seriously did - but none of em have lasted me for more than 2 months.

wow - the best MMO up to this date, and continuing until infinity.

a little rant to the haterbase: to those "what if" -sayers , dont you guys know that "what if" works both ways? geez ~~ "what if wow never drops lower than 9 million subs?" - there! i said it, you read it. now gtf out and come back when wow has actually fallen to 3million! right now its you vs 9.6 million people out there, whos gonna win, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by lyxx View Post
    Really after D3 ? Sorry i dont have that much fate in Blizzard quality tag after that "success" - for me they lost their "mojo". Do you really think next Blizzard game - lets pretend Titan will be MMO - will be still subscription based game ? I dont think there is any chance in current market for it to happen - it's not early 2000 - there is reason why all new MMO are B2P or F2P or convert to one of those model some time after release.
    Cant say I agree with you there, while I do feel diablo 3 was lacking I've been playing WoW since early BC and I'm really enjoying MoP and it is a major improvement from cataclysm. Just because they didn't do so well with one game shouldnt really mean the company is hopeless. If anything it will mean that the company will learn from its mistakes and will improve upon what they heave leant.

I know why I left WoW 2 months ago - its the LFR, it killed game for me, I have seen all the content in just a few hours. Why do normal raid if I already seen it? I was never interested in better loot, purple pixels never impressed me, let alone heroic raids.
    My guild , once huge one with LOT of signups for raids, now they cant put up even one 10man team. Ppl just got bored of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Harrus View Post
    Hilarious responses in the thread. As someone who never played WOW, I gotta ask:

- to fans obsessed about WOW maintaining seventeen billion subscriptions: Why? We're talking about a game that will average 10 million subs for a DECADE. Nothing ever came close and may never will. Why do you care if the game drops from 13 million to anything less? At this rate, there's 0 chance the game will ever actually die completely within your lifetime (as in down to 0 players and all serves turned off), it is just too legendary. Stop worrying about numbers, just enjoy it, you know, have fun?

- to people hating on WOW and celebrating "the failure": copy/paste - We're talking about a game that will avarage 10 million subs for a DECADE. Even if it drops to 0 subscribers on January 1 2015, it will still be legendary title and most likely a one time MMO-phenomen on such scale. Nothing you say at this point will ever make general audience think the game's a failure. Just accept it, enjoy either it (if you're a closet hater) or other games you like, you know, have fun?

You haven't played the game so you don't understand the frustration that comes along with major game changes, imbalances, etc. People fall in love with this game, play this game too much for their own good, then ragequit and end up hating the game because, while Blizzard has done a lot of things right, they also end up doing lots of things "wrong", and it has a drastic effect on gameplay. Haters' glee about sub numbers dropping stems from these experiences.

People obsessed with the numbers: mostly because they view the game as an investment of time, money and energy and want to make sure the game is going to keep growing and thriving for some time if they are going to keep investing time, money and energy into the game. Massive sub losses will affect gameplay, expansion + new feature output dramatically but massive sub losses are unlikely to happen anytime soon.

There are actually people in the middle of these two extremes but there just don't happen to be very many in this thread, probably because threads like this pop up every quarter and it gets old after awhile...

I know your questions were hypothetical-ish, but >.< .

Deleted
    ´´just´´ 9.6 million....
    oh noo R.I.P WoW xD

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I dont think theres anything blizz can do at this point if subs drop after 5.2. Mop is amazing, and if subs drop during it ,then i fear its not the xpac, but rather wows age killing it. I still think it will be around for another 10 years though.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 04:15 AM ----------

MoP has more content at launch then nearly all of cata not counting the 1-60 revamp. I think the speed of content is fine.
    I have to agree here. MoP is actually a really good expansion. I can't really blame any one thing that caused me to cancel my sub back in November. It was a combination of things, not all of them Blizzard's fault, and mostly due to it being a game I had played for 7 going on 8 years (though I will say CRZ issues were the nail in the coffin, for me). There is not much they could add now that would hold my attention for long enough that would justify a subscription. And to me that's not really a problem that can be fixed other than with a new game, or a new iteration. WoW is no where near dead. It's dead for me, as I just lost interest in it. It will probably continue to steadily lose subs, the older it gets, and at no fault of the expansion. Just age. Then plateau off at some point. But I imagine they will have enough subs to sustain the game, for however long they want to keep it up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    The 500k are the whining bitches that didn't like to work for their epics, so nobody important left basically
    Personally I would not call doing dailies for raid level epics being called working for your epics, more like face rolling for your epics and not having to interact with other players. Also given that the majority are supposed to come from China the thought of having to work for your epics does not really line up.

Deleted
    If they lost less people this time after a start of a expansion does that not mean a sign of a recovery? loosing fewer is still a +, another thing tho if they can keep up with the "healing" or if they will start to bleed more subs, nevertheless it still gonna take ages before they bleed out.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Personally I would not call doing dailies for raid level epics being called working for your epics, more like face rolling for your epics and not having to interact with other players. Also given that the majority are supposed to come from China the thought of having to work for your epics does not really line up.
    In all fairness running heroics over and over again isn't exactly hard work either...

I still don't understand why Blizzard made dailies the only avenue for rep (and therefore vp spending) --it's an MMO for crying out loud, a game centered around group activity. If one activity should be "mandatory" in order to earn rep for valor items, it should be something involving group activity (scenario, dungeon or raid). You can group up for dailies I suppose, but not all dailies are more efficient when grouped up (gathering quests for example), nor do wow quests tend to encourage group play anymore.

Frankly, it doesn't matter if there are 9.6 million people still playing or only one person. The loss of numbers is irrelevant because the game sucks regardless and it's way passed it's prime. Doing the same thing for 8 years straight makes Jack a dull boy. Doesn't matter how you dress it up, a raid is a raid is a raid, a dungeon is a dungeon is a dungeon, etc. I certainly hope that anyone defending WoW is a new player otherwise I pity you for being such a boring person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrus View Post
    As someone who never played WOW, I gotta ask:
    Well you're certainly a rarity on these forums. o_O

Deleted
    Wow will never end NEVAH!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimetok View Post
    Wow will never end NEVAH!
    dunno if it has been quoted or not/seen but still worthy of a re-post if there is one on this thread.

The daily blink summed up this thread in the most epic way possible

Quote Originally Posted by Polly Cronopolis View Post
    Frankly, it doesn't matter if there are 9.6 million people still playing or only one person. The loss of numbers is irrelevant because the game sucks regardless and it's way passed it's prime. Doing the same thing for 8 years straight makes Jack a dull boy. Doesn't matter how you dress it up, a raid is a raid is a raid, a dungeon is a dungeon is a dungeon, etc. I certainly hope that anyone defending WoW is a new player otherwise I pity you for being such a boring person.
    First off the game does not suck, secondly, I've been playing since Nov. of 2005 and feel that in many ways, the game is in the best state it has ever been, third, anyone who can't see that 5.2 is probably going to be the best patch ever has to be blinded by hate for Blizzard. I feel sorry for you.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    First off the game does not suck, secondly, I've been playing since Nov. of 2005 and feel that in many ways, the game is in the best state it has ever been, third, anyone who can't see that 5.2 is probably going to be the best patch ever has to be blinded by hate for Blizzard. I feel sorry for you.
    Your whole post did not agree with me but the underlined part was especially wrong. This is the first time I've ever had to say this, but you sound like a fanboy...not saying you are one, but this post certainly makes you sound like you are a blind devotee of Blizzard. >.<

Nothing coming out in 5.2 looks to be exceptional, why are you so excited about it? I can name numerous other patches that had players writhing with excitement, this patch looks decent but certainly not amazing.

Wow, you've been playing the same video game for nearly eight years. You must be a super exciting individual. Honestly, didn't you pause for a second after typing out that you've been playing since Nov. of 2005 and realize how pathetic that is? 2005 - 2013 - YIKES! Also, pretty lol that you think 5.2 is going to be the best patch so far. Though, you probably say that about every patch since you appear to be a mega-fanboy.

(Oh, and yes, the game does suck. Fact. Look it up.)

Quote Originally Posted by Polly Cronopolis View Post
    Wow, you've been playing the same video game for nearly eight years. You must be a super exciting individual. Honestly, didn't you pause for a second after typing out that you've been playing since Nov. of 2005 and realize how pathetic that is? 2005 - 2013 - YIKES! Also, pretty lol that you think 5.2 is going to be the best patch so far. Though, you probably say that about every patch since you appear to be a mega-fanboy.

(Oh, and yes, the game does suck. Fact. Look it up.)
    No not every patch. The current title holder of best ever would be held by 4.2, the Firelands patch, which with the exception of the overtuned Ragnaros encounter was awesome from beginning to end. I also am not aware of any objective reference material I can look up which will say that the game sucks as a proven fact. In fact the overwhelming consensus is completely the opposite. The fact that I and many others, have been playing it since 2005, or even earlier is proof in itself that it does not in fact, suck.

I play a Hunter and 5.2 is going to be the best patch for the class since 4.2 in terms of new tameable beasts and challenges. Aside from that, the storylines and progression will be great for all classes. It's shaping up to be similar to the Sunwell patch but without the huge mistake of the Sunwell raid itself. At least this time everyone should be able to experience everything instead of less than 2% of the participants. Warlocks also have to be very excited by getting something they have wanted for a very long time.

If the negative Nancy's don't like hearing the facts, that is no fault of the vast majority who still enjoy playing the best game ever made.
    Last edited by Dch48; 2013-02-12 at 06:05 AM.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

No not every patch. The current title holder of best ever would be held by 4.2, the Firelands patch, which with the exception of the overturned Ragnaros encounter was awesome from beginning to end. I also am not aware of any objective reference material I can look up which will say that the game sucks as a proven fact. In fact the overwhelming consensus is completely the opposite. The fact that I and many others, have been playing it since 2005, or even earlier is proof in itself that it does not in fact, suck.
    Firelands was a pretty awesome patch, it's also one of my favorites.

Still agree w/Polly in some regards but your love of Firelands redeems you somewhat.

Anyone wonders why those WoW doomers are posting on a WoW related site? I wonder every second... Are they retarded? Are they insane? Are they unemployed, with no sexual partner or without even a cute cat to keep them occupied? Why the hell care and spend time on something they HATE so much?

10+ Year Old Account
    No not every patch. The current title holder of best ever would be held by 4.2, the Firelands patch, which with the exception of the overtuned Ragnaros encounter was awesome from beginning to end. I also am not aware of any objective reference material I can look up which will say that the game sucks as a proven fact. In fact the overwhelming consensus is completely the opposite. The fact that I and many others, have been playing it since 2005, or even earlier is proof in itself that it does not in fact, suck.

I play a Hunter and 5.2 is going to be the best patch for the class since 4.2 in terms of new tameable beasts and challenges. Aside from that, the storylines and progression will be great for all classes. It's shaping up to be similar to the Sunwell patch but without the huge mistake of the Sunwell raid itself. At least this time everyone should be able to experience everything instead of less than 2% of the participants. Warlocks also have to be very excited by getting something they have wanted for a very long time.

If the negative Nancy's don't like hearing the facts, that is no fault of the vast majority who still enjoy playing the best game ever made.

your opinion does not equal facts