Page 60 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    I'd rather be stabbed(provided I survive) or beaten than get raped.
    I'll quote myself a few pages back:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Being raped is a lot worse than being mugged, or taking a beating in a fight. A hell of a lot.
    But being assaulted, overpowered, and rendered powerless while several people take shots at you, wound and humiliate you, where you are in a situation where you simply cannot stop it, where you cannot act against it, and where you cannot defend yourself... That is pretty much what rape IS. Being rendered powerless, at the mercy of someone who's clearly dangerously insane, and having no options to get out.
    I don't think it's ever happened to you. So it's easy to judge. But I don't think you can imagine the amount of fear and humiliation such a situation will cause.
    I've been in both situations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Lol.

Chivalry died long ago and men who would still put their life and limb on the line for women (aside from their wives) are nothing short of brainwashed.
    Well, holding a door or the elevator for a nice girl isn't going to do anybody harm :>

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Well, holding a door or the elevator for a nice girl isn't going to do anybody harm :>
    Unless she stands on your toe!

I'd rather be stabbed(provided I survive) or beaten than get raped.
    Men are more likely to be killed too. So let's assume you don't survive.

As I've already pointed out, rape accounts for only 6% of all violent crime with men being the overwhelming victim demographic of all other types of violent crime.... any and all of which stand a better than average chance of landing you in the hospital and very real chances of getting killed... or at least being in a PVS.

So if we're playing "Would you rather", I think I'd rather have a 1-in-1000 chance of being raped than a 16-in-1000 chance of being shot, stabbed, beaten, killed or curb-stomped into braindeath.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 03:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    That's not brainwashed. That's self sacrifice.
    It's stupid and who the hell would do it for anyone who wasn't their partner?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    Do you know what is the best defense for a women? Males with honor. La chevalerie n'est pas morte, ceux qui méprisent les femmes perdent leur têtes.
    Eh ben voila Don Quixote...manquait plus que ça. Bonne chance pour te trouver une copine avec ce genre de délires. J'suis désolé de te le dire mais la chevalerie est belle et bien morte.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Deleted
    I would commit suicide if someone attacked me on the street and raped me. I wouldn't be able to handle that, not a chance i'd ever be the same again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone who maybe is more self sacrificing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Harm? I suppose not. It makes you look like a sucker, though. At least if you only hold the door for girls. If you'd hold it for a guy as well that's different. That's just polite.

[QUOTE=Laize;20187376]Chivalry died long ago and men who would still put their life and limb on the line for women (aside from their wives) are nothing short of brainwashed.

Chivalry is not dead. Real men are dead. In the north, women and mothers are our most precious treasures.

As I've already pointed out, rape accounts for only 6% of all violent crime with men being the overwhelming victim demographic of all other types of violent crime.... any and all of which stand a better than average chance of landing you in the hospital and very real chances of getting killed... or at least being in a PVS.

So if we're playing "Would you rather", I think I'd rather have a 1-in-1000 chance of being raped than a 16-in-1000 chance of being shot, stabbed, beaten, killed or curb-stomped into braindeath.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 03:06 AM ----------

that likelihood becomes a lot higher once you adjust for gender, like you did with the other crimes.

but "would you rather" is pretty subjective anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Eh ben voila Don Quixote...manquait plus que ça. Bonne chance pour te trouver une copine avec ce genre de délires. J'suis désolé de te le dire mais la chevalerie est belle et bien morte.
    Either speak english or stop that.

Deleted
    Harm? I suppose not. It makes you look like a sucker, though. At least if you only hold the door for girls. If you'd hold it for a guy as well that's different. That's just polite.
    I'm not going to go out of my way holding the door for a random guy. However, if I see a girl that looks interesting I might take some few extra steps to ensure I get a chance to talk to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Unless she stands on your toe!
    Quite unfortunate but happens more often than one would think.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    false equivalancies like "rape is the same as murder, so since men are more likely to be murdered women shouldnt be afraid of being raped."
    Me, a few pages ago: "Anyway, speaking only for myself, I don't think it's unreasonable to say that it's perfectly normal for women to be afraid of being raped. I mean, of all the things in the world to be afraid of, that's certainly up around the top of the list." So, speaking of strawmen...

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    im comfortable with my position of "what the heck does mens murder rates have to do with womens rape rates?"
    If you've read this far and you STILL don't understand why the two things are relevant to each other, then you're being intentionally obtuse. But then, we both already knew that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just do what you want Jev, to hold a door open.

Quite unfortunate but happens more often than one would think.

Ingrown tonail step ons.....that was painful.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    T'as pété dans ta bouche connard. T'as pas d'honneur et tu en auras jamais.

I would commit suicide if someone attacked me on the street and raped me. I wouldn't be able to handle that, not a chance i'd ever be the same again.
    Fun fact: If every woman who was raped in America went down that path there would still be fewer yearly female suicides than male.

Do you get my point? Rape is so ridiculously unlikely that it's not worth being hypervigilant about. No moreso than me being worried I'm gonna get stabbed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Just do what you want Jev, to hold a door open.

Ingrown tonail step ons.....that was painful.
    I shall!

I'm one of the lucky few with barely any toenails at all. Mutant feet ftw!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Either speak english or stop that.
    Is that a threat? You know I'm pretty sure the very founder of this site is French, so I don't know where you get off telling me to "stop that" like some kind of racist missionary hearing pigmy dialect but maybe I missed the forum rule that states you always have to speak English or get out. If so, then I have no issue speaking English.

Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    T'as pété dans ta bouche connard. T'as pas d'honneur et tu en auras jamais.
    lol, j't'emmerde pov' type.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2013-02-12 at 03:24 AM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

I'm not going to go out of my way holding the door for a random guy. However, if I see a girl that looks interesting I might take some few extra steps to ensure I get a chance to talk to her.
    Yeah that's dumb as hell.

Deleted
    Fun fact: If every woman who was raped in America went down that path there would still be fewer yearly female suicides than male.
    Why do you even mention it? Are you gonna try to turn it into another of your "OH NO, MENS RIGHT"-things?