Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    "tend to" not as in " will avoid you at every fucking cost available like a frigging squirel."
    Wolves have centuries of distrust bred into them through interactions with human hunters and shepherds. Wild wolves are not going to approach a human, let alone attack one.

The only thing in danger here is your dog - don't let your pup out on his or her own. And if you have cats, keep them indoors - cats are an easy meal for wolves and other large canids.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    This would be a non-issue if you guys had guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to link the satw comic where denmark is scared of a deer but I can't find it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    While this is true, Denmark is a fairly small country and as i said, it could be in my backyard RIGHT now. And i've got no expirience with these kind of animals. I have no idea how to react to a wolf. A dog maybe, have tried encounters with those before but a wolf is different in my mind. Wolves may be a but over hyped from media and movies, but this isn't very nice imo.
    well in the US this is what we're taught to do when we see a dangerous wild animal-
    • make yourself look as big as possible (open your jacket, puff out your chest etc)
    • scream loudly at it
    • back slowly away & dont take your eyes off it
    • dont stare them in the eye
    • dont run away, walk
    • dont try to corner it

- if it attacks you, curl up in a ball, cover your neck, and play dead, if you cant fight it off.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should watch "The Grey" everything you need to know about Wolves.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it. Is it on the news if someone sees a bird as well?

lol man i didnt know people that dont even know what a wolf looks like got to say that's a wolf! ???what do you mean thats a husky a breed of dong fuck you it a wolf cuz i say it is!

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    In Denmark, wolves have been exterminated. As a matter of fact, it's quite a ways away from any wolf populations, so I guess it would be newsworthy if one was spotted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    well in the US this is what we're taught to do when we see a dangerous wild animal-
    • make yourself look as big as possible (open your jacket, puff out your chest etc)
    • scream loudly at it
    • back slowly away & dont take your eyes off it
    • dont stare them in the eye
    • dont run away, walk
    • dont try to corner it

- if it attacks you, curl up in a ball, cover your neck, and play dead, if you cant fight it off.
    Not really useful here, since a single wolf will not approach a human. Hell, even a pack of wolves (breeding pair and juvenile offspring) will largely avoid a human that isn't doing anything threatening.

Humans are not prey for wolves, so unless you're directly threatening them (especially pups), they're very likely to shy away from them or at most stay a far distance away while observing them (likely out of curiosity more than anything else.)
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Not really useful here, since a single wolf will not approach a human. Hell, even a pack of wolves (breeding pair and juvenile offspring) will largely avoid a human that isn't doing anything threatening.

Humans are not prey for wolves, so unless you're directly threatening them (especially pups), they're very likely to shy away from them or at most stay a far distance away while observing them (likely out of curiosity more than anything else.)
    i figure it will make him feel better if he has a plan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartfrost View Post
    lol man i didnt know people that dont even know what a wolf looks like got to say that's a wolf! ???what do you mean thats a husky a breed of dong fuck you it a wolf cuz i say it is!
    English please? And wolves are canines, in case that wasn't common knowledge. Huskies are well-known for being quite morphologically similar to wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Possibly. Actually, in the NL, it's on the news if that bird happens to be a raven or eagle.

A lot of animals have left the west of Europe because humans started filling every single niche (and didn't leave much space). As such, most people are happy to see the return of some of our more beloved animals. Like wolves, lynxes, cougars and bears. And ravens and eagles.
    Yeah... It's really that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    English please? And wolves are canines, in case that wasn't common knowledge. Huskies are well-known for being quite morphologically similar to wolves.
    Husky:

Wolf:

The two are easily distinguishable.
    Now; the Saarloos Wolfshond:

Looks a lot more like a wolf.
    Last edited by Stir; 2013-02-12 at 06:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr4vitas View Post
    can we not turn this into another gun debate?

seriously if it's wolves you have nothing to be afraid of. wolves usually dont attack humans unless you provoke them in some fashion by cornering them or running away or keeping livestock in your bedroom. it might follow you at a distance but thats about it.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I do to make my self look bigger is produce my 9mm from under my jacket and point it in the face of the animal / threat at which point if it continues as me I shoot it in the face. (in the case of a wolf i then get it skinned and tanned and make a poncho out of it)

Deleted
    Well then he'd only have to worry about every single person in his country...

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who's lived in wooded areas with cougars, bears, wolves coyotes and bobcats for the last decade, I can safely say I've never heard of anyone getting so paranoid over one sighting of one animal. Seriously, everything's going to be ok. If you're that worried, temporarily seal the doggie door and walk your dog out when nature calls.

Really, there's nothing to worry about.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I do to make my self look bigger is produce my 9mm from under my jacket and point it in the face of the animal / threat at which point if it continues as me I shoot it in the face. (in the case of a wolf i then get it skinned and tanned and make a poncho out of it)
    and if its a bear?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Because wild animals totally understand what guns are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Well then he'd only have to worry about every single person in his country...
    yea thats good logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because the wolf is really going to realize what a gun is and feel REAL threatened. In the unlikely event that a wolf DOES try to attack you, I'm pretty sure it would snap your arm in half before you could even disable the safety.