Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Waiting a month to drop it would be just about perfect. 2 weeks is too soon.

If you don't raid then you really don't get an opinion on this tbh, you don't do anything in the game and of course you want more dailys and dungeons to do. The people who actually play the game are saying it's too soon and for good reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

Deleted
    The only reason I was dismayed to see that the patch was coming so soon is that Arms spec is clearly unfinished, and feels horrible. Going to unsub until it gets fixed. They need more time to actually give some mechanics to Arms that work, and sort it's dreadful secondary scaling out.

Quote Originally Posted by facerollin View Post
    Waiting a month to drop it would be just about perfect. 2 weeks is too soon.

If you don't raid then you really don't get an opinion on this tbh, you don't do anything in the game and of course you want more dailys and dungeons to do. The people who actually play the game are saying it's too soon and for good reason.
    I must of missed the part where people don't raid paid less than those that do.

Deleted
    People will get offended but here it goes.

I can bet my shiny fleshy ass that people in this topic celebrating the patch coming this soonish are those who run exclusively LFR content. And thus have no real concept of the mindset of people striving thru heroics or even normal modes.

5 months for 32 bosses (normals+heroics) is the least amount of time ever given to players by blizzard. To genuinely want a patch with new raid to come in 2 weeks you either have
    A: cleared all content in HC already
    B: cleared all content in LFR already

I personally have no problem with the patch since im thru it all already but i know how it feels to be unsuccessful in clearing the content when it was relevant. There's no prestige, no-one cares if you go and clear 5.0 raids after 5.2 hits.

And what really boils my nuts is the always so delicious argument that whats preventing you to go back and clear old content even if there's new content available
    I dunno. How about lack of reward for starters? Normal gear from throne completely slams even 2/2 upgraded HC gear from any 5.0 raid. Or how about guilds, especially 25man, who even now are struggling with recruitment. Having content not done because of so little time given to it doesnt really help on finding worthwhile recruits.

I hope this is not blizzards way of thinking from now on. That after LFR folk and top raiders have their content done then screw those in the middle.

I just really hope this pays off in the end. That the last raid wont be another year long snoozefest, when they could have taken the extra time at the beginning of the expansion this time instead of the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    No matter what Blizzard does, there will always be people who whine and bitch simply for the sake of whining and bitching.

I've learned to ignore it really.
    this is so true...
    Think for yourself.

Deleted
    People are not complaining that 5.2 comes too early, they're complaining that they only get notified 2 weeks in advance, making it difficult for progression raiders to re-schedule their real life in time.

There's a big difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachtobi View Post
    People are not complaining that 5.2 comes too early, they're complaining that they only get notified 2 weeks in advance, making it difficult for progression raiders to re-schedule their real life in time.

There's a big difference.

are people blind or something? Blizzard stated their planned schedule long time ago, they aiming for 2 months for small patches (like 5.1 and 5.3) and 4 months for raid patches. T14 is already 5 months old so they are even month behind their planned schedule.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    are people blind or something? Blizzard stated their planned schedule long time ago, they aiming for 2 months for small patches (like 5.1 and 5.3) and 4 months for raid patches. T14 is already 5 months old so they are even month behind their planned schedule.
    But as you're no doubt aware, there's a difference between planned and realized. Few people can take a week off from work based on a 2 month plan from the company that has "Soon" as part of their IP.

Personally I see it as a consequence of an agile development environment - Blizzard simply can't know long in advance when ready is ready. That doesn't make the complaint from hardcore raiders less valid though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    If you honestly think blizzard was originally planning to give us even less time for this content than they eventually ended giving, then you need reality check of somesort. Boys at Blizzard arent stupid. They know full well 5 months is so-so enough time to clear the 16 bosses we have.

I dont believe for a second when they look their actual stats of how many guild have killed how many bosses they will think that ''oh yeah we're definitely behind schedule, should have released patch weeks ago''
    Last edited by mmoc2ab87b9ea9; 2013-02-12 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eversor-Nw View Post
    People will get offended but here it goes.

I can bet my shiny fleshy ass that people in this topic celebrating the patch coming this soonish are those who run exclusively LFR content. And thus have no real concept of the mindset of people striving thru heroics or even normal modes.

5 months for 32 bosses (normals+heroics) is the least amount of time ever given to players by blizzard. To genuinely want a patch with new raid to come in 2 weeks you either have
    A: cleared all content in HC already
    B: cleared all content in LFR already

I personally have no problem with the patch since im thru it all already but i know how it feels to be unsuccessful in clearing the content when it was relevant. There's no prestige, no-one cares if you go and clear 5.0 raids after 5.2 hits.

And what really boils my nuts is the always so delicious argument that whats preventing you to go back and clear old content even if there's new content available
    I dunno. How about lack of reward for starters? Normal gear from throne completely slams even 2/2 upgraded HC gear from any 5.0 raid. Or how about guilds, especially 25man, who even now are struggling with recruitment. Having content not done because of so little time given to it doesnt really help on finding worthwhile recruits.

I hope this is not blizzards way of thinking from now on. That after LFR folk and top raiders have their content done then screw those in the middle.

I just really hope this pays off in the end. That the last raid wont be another year long snoozefest, when they could have taken the extra time at the beginning of the expansion this time instead of the end.
    My bet is that 10% nerfed H HoF and H ToES will be easier than N ToT. Remember that on the PTR N ToT was tested with 502 to 517 ilvl gear. Even with that gear it still took top guilds like Blood Legion an hour to kill each normal mode boss. Just because it's normal mode doesn't mean the bosses are 1-shot faceroll.

If your raid is 16/16 N in T14, the progression path in 5.2 looks to be 10% nerfed T14 heroics then T15 normal mode once you have 500+ ilvl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    My bet is that 10% nerfed H HoF and H ToES will be easier than N ToT. Remember that on the PTR N ToT was tested with 502 to 517 ilvl gear. Even with that gear it still took top guilds like Blood Legion an hour to kill each normal mode boss. Just because it's normal mode doesn't mean the bosses are 1-shot faceroll.

If your raid is 16/16 N in T14, the progression path in 5.2 looks to be 10% nerfed T14 heroics then T15 normal mode once you have 500+ ilvl.
    yes, I'm with you on that one. People scream here that they didnt finish clearing normal T14 and with new patch they will never do it because there's new raid open for them. Tough luck guys, ToT is really hard and if you havent beat T14 you have nothing to look for in new raid, but don't worry there's 10% nerf incoming and new 502 lfr gear so it won't be that long for you to get to ToT. Blizzard stated since release of MoP they want to have guilds in every tier during expansion period (all of you love TBC, right?), it won't be that hard to catch up as it was in TBC, but at least there will be a bit of oldschool spirit.

I have fully cleared Heroic 25 man and I feel like its being rushed to the next patch.

Deleted
    People need to forget this stupid mindset when a new raid is released the previous one becomes invalid because it drops lesser gear. I remember the good old days from TBC where you actually had progress through multiple tiers. (Well untill 2.4 came along)

Has it been confirmeeed?!?! YEEEEY!!!
    This patch needs to be applied NOW! to much unbalance and shieet

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 11:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    I have fully cleared Heroic 25 man and I feel like its being rushed to the next patch.
    Bet u need some more gear from that heroic to make the new raids a smack and clash

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Deleted
    "We decided to make World of Warcraft f2p, no item shop nothing, we just wanted to gift it to the community."

WHERE IS THE TRICK YOU CHEAP BASTARD, NOW YOU KILLED THE GAME, SHAME ON YOU.

Thats the community, they bitch because they need to bitch, its like breathing for them.

This is why I usually stick firmly to the computer forum and I've not strayed near the battle.net forums, since well.. before it was battle.net? There is always someone, somewhere winging. In this circumstance my guess is its raiders that think their hardcore, that want to finish up the raids before the nerfs roll in. These people need to understand, if they've not cleared already, they ain't hardcore. Damn, this amount of time doesn't even make them semi-hardcore. YOU ARE CASUALS.

I think this is perfect timing.

We had a week or two in september, all of oct/nov/dec/jan and right up to end of feb. That is 5 months for a raid tier. This is on par with black temple being released in TBC. TBC had the first 2 tiers of raids released and then released BT around 5-6 months after launch if memory serves.

Along with a major patch before 5.2 which gave us some new dailies scenarios and some minor changes we now have this HUGE patch that not only contains an entire raid and island like sunwell you have two faction hubs new mini bosses two world bosses. huge content patch is huge.

Still my poor mate whos just got back into the game is 463 ilevel, heres hoping his luck changes in LFR and we can get past MSV and get some hof/terrace gear :P

There are nearly 10M people playing this game so there are people in very different situation, I for one just found a real guild after being in a dead guild for 2 months and would like some more time before 5.2 because it really seems like this guild is going upwards, the progression has been very good the past few weeks and I see no reason why it would stop. However I am not a complainer so I won't complain, but other people in my situation might be so ofcourse there are complains about it coming too early.

Deleted
    Really excited for the new raid content but really disappointed in Blizzards failure to make some talents more desirable which they said they planned to do. If I'm stuck with the same talents on my main / alts for another tier, not sure if I'll bother. So to me the patch feels unfinished.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    It's frustrating for me, because I have a choice to make.

A. Farm lovely charms every day all day and make enough gold to last me the year.

B. Farm honor and conqest so I can get full malevolent before the new season

a months notice would have been super.
    You know, you don't have to do neither. When a game starts to feel like a chore it gets boring quite fast.
    Hi