Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Last I checked Denmark was pretty big. What's the chance of one wolf being near you? o.O

Deleted
    Heh. Here in Finland (every spot of the country that's not a farm field/highway/city is covered by forests) wolves eat dogs from people's front yards. Wolves have multiplied to the point where people living in the risk areas have organized illegal hunting parties. Illegal because the idiot politicians sitting in their ivory towers can't see how wolves would be a threat to humans... they are so cute and cuddly and so much like dogs!

A small knife wouldn't do much against a wolf, other then piss it off even more i'm afraid.

There were 11 fatal wolf attacks so far this century, I'm sure you have very little to worry about.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    God damnit stop being afrait of wolves...

NO wolve will ever attack a human ... never. A normal badly trained dog is a much, much , much more danger then a wild wolve.

Even boars are way more dangerous then wolves.

Educate yourself, I hate people overreacting on wolves.
    a boar is a bad example there... boars are motherfucking beasts. theres a lot of animals less dangerous than a boar. they're like the tanks of the animal world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    ... they are so cute and cuddly and so much like dogs!
    Remember Earlier I mentioned I know people who run a Wolf Rescue. The reason being some idiots think hey cute puppy lets raise it as a dog. When it's about 6 months old and it's still being playful and it bites your hand which requires major surgery to fix they call the Animal control, Animal control then brings them to the special Wolf Rescue ranch where they are treated with respect and feed and even given love, but they are also cautious because unlike a domestic dog they can be dangerous. Now they have a way for people to adopt them but the new owners are trained in care and handling, and are not like dogs.

They also get hybrids often and some of the hybrids are gigantic. as in as large as a great dane.

http://wolfmountain.com/wms%20in%20the%20news.htm

example of a Wolf Dog Mix

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    God damnit stop being afrait of wolves...

NO wolve will ever attack a human ... never. A normal badly trained dog is a much, much , much more danger then a wild wolve.

Even boars are way more dangerous then wolves.

Educate yourself, I hate people overreacting on wolves.
    Good post except for the line about boars, as previous guy said, boars are BEASTS!

I cant really imagine what you are like TS, going panic mode over this? really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    And im actually a bit scared of it. I don't know much about wolves but according to the news aired yesterday, it could actually be sleeping out in my backyard at this very moment. I honestly think im gonna carry atleast a small knife with me whenever i go out just to be able to have SOME kind of weapon to fight with in case it might need it.

I'm afraid my dog could be in danger aswell, as he got a doggie door that allows him to go outside whenever he wants/needs to. What if the wolf sees him as free dinner?

Could anyone give me a good reason not to be even a little bit afraid of this bastard? And dont give me that crap about it being afraid of me. For all we know it could be fucked up on rabies and what not.
    Are you scared?
    Wolves generally avoid Humans and are actually afraid of us.
    If you are afraid of a creature who fears you more then you fear it then you really is a coward.
    Besides this is old news, we heard about it a few months ago.

I for one would love to have wolves back in denmark, been a long time since we had them and we need to have them back.
    Last edited by Lupinemancer; 2013-02-12 at 10:06 AM.

Dane sees wolf in country. Dane expressed fear...

OP do you have to be so damn stereotypical...? There is no need to be scared - its not like its a moose or anything...

gothicshark, there's actually a newer breed of full domestic dogs being bred to look exactly like wolves. they're called tamaskan dogs. http://cheezburger.com/6852864256

Deleted
    And im actually a bit scared of it. I don't know much about wolves but according to the news aired yesterday, it could actually be sleeping out in my backyard at this very moment. I honestly think im gonna carry atleast a small knife with me whenever i go out just to be able to have SOME kind of weapon to fight with in case it might need it.

I'm afraid my dog could be in danger aswell, as he got a doggie door that allows him to go outside whenever he wants/needs to. What if the wolf sees him as free dinner?

Could anyone give me a good reason not to be even a little bit afraid of this bastard? And dont give me that crap about it being afraid of me. For all we know it could be fucked up on rabies and what not.
    Please use some common sense and statistics.

People are much more likely to get attacked by a dog (and by much I mean an extreme amount of probability). You are also much more likely to get attacked by a human.

Seriously, I know that ignorance is bliss but this is taking the piss.

im only a 64kg (140 pounds) 175cm (5.7 ft) high human male. Im no big street fighter. But if its only ~40 kg heavy i should be able to brawl it if it doesn't attack me from behind. I work on a farm and i've had to fend off full grown cows before, so the weight of the wolf shouldn't be too much of a problem i guess. But i guess it wont even get close me. I just needed to know i'd atleast be able to do something in case it actually got too close.
    Last edited by Martinussen; 2013-02-12 at 10:13 AM.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    gothicshark, there's actually a newer breed of full domestic dogs being bred to look exactly like wolves. they're called tamaskan dogs. http://cheezburger.com/6852864256
    Just gorgeous dogs. I live in Apartments otherwise I would totally have a large working dog. So I have cats.

My parents Breed White German Shepherds.

Not one from my family but you should get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by undethknight View Post
    snap his arm in half? wolves are like 70 pounds max. an adult human should be able to kill a single wolf with his bare hands pretty easily
    Yeah maybe if you are superman.

Anyways... danes... rofl
    This thread made my day.
    Wolfs are not a danger to humans really, they avoid humans. They will kill hunting dogs that get into their territory but wouldn't touch a human. I don't think we got a single recorded incident here in Sweden, bears have attacked humans here a few times(people who's stumbled upon their cubs out in the forrest) though.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-02-12 at 10:18 AM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Just gorgeous dogs. I live in Apartments otherwise I would totally have a large working dog. So I have cats.

My parents Breed White German Shepherds.

Not one from my family but you should get the idea.
    Das ist ein Schäfferhund!

10+ Year Old Account
    im only a 64kg (140 pounds) 175cm (5.7 ft) high human male. Im no big street fighter. But if its only ~40 kg heavy i should be able to brawl it if it doesn't attack me from behind. I work on a farm and i've had to fend off full grown cows before, so the weight of the wolf shouldn't be too much of a problem i guess. But i guess it wont even get close me. I just needed to know i'd atleast be able to do something in case it actually got too close.
    Well your tiny. I'm 6'2" 305lbs. I can lift an old VW Bug on to it's side. Or life the rear to pull the engine, with my hands. I am sure if I have at least something long and pointy I can keep any Wolf at bay, I wouldn't want to face a pack because they use good tactics.

10+ Year Old Account
    im only a 64 KG 175 cm high human male. Im no big street fighter. But if its only ~40 kg heavy i should be able to brawl it if it doesn't attack me from behind. I work on a farm and i've had to fend off full grown cows before, so the weight of the wolf shouldn't be too much of a problem i guess. But i guess it wont even get close me. I just needed to know i'd atleast be able to do something in case it actually got too close.
    I really can't believe you are over reacting like this. Try living in an area that has bears, coyotes, wolves, moose and mountain lien's and I have yet to run into one of any of these and there are hundreds upon hundreds of each species in my general area. They tend to spook from walking footsteps or a crackling of a branch or something. You rarely run into much of anything because humans make so much noise in a forest. I'm still baffled by how you are reacting. A wolf isn't going to hurt you or your dog unless it is on the brink of starvation and death and I highly doubt it is. It will rummage into trash before considering attacking something that will take A LOT of effort to kill. Wolves are small and tend to live in groups and packs. You are never, ever going to see that wolf. Neither will your friends, neighbors, family. Holy crap, suck it up buddy! Wolves are just as dangerous as undomesticated, stray dogs, maybe even less dangerous because they aren't used to humans.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

Im a city kid and im not scared of wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Im a city kid and im not scared of wolves!
    You live in århus, you dont face an actual risk of running into one D:
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    You live in århus, you dont face an actual risk of running into one D:
    What else are you afraid of? Being afraid of a wolf is probably really low on most peoples lists. Sasquatch? You have a better chance of running into a Sasquatch then running into a wolf ( sarcasm) as i mean you will never, ever see that wolf. Calm down!
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality