Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Still haven't even gotten my sha touched weapon yet after 23 kills and 23 charms.

You move on to the next stage of the quest which is a legendary meta gem.

Did people honestly think that we would just get a weapon from the first raid in the expansion, and NEVER change weapon for the rest of the expansion? Wow, that would be fun..
    Oh and you didn't waste any time.

What happened to that cool legendary I got from molten core years ago? this is bullshit

You can add a Prismatic Socket to 5.2 Weapons by the way.
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Quote Originally Posted by AlisonPrime View Post
    CONFIRMED - The Eye of the Black Prince (The Prismatic Socket adder) will work with your new weapons, You WILL be able to add a prismatic slot to your new weapons.

However Sha Touched gems become useless. The weapon damage however will outweigh the stats from the gem.
    Great! Although I haven't finished this part yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fang83 View Post
    Its pretty frustrating that after months of getting our weapon up to scratch that we can't even continue using it throughout 5.2....
    Do you know what's even more frustrating? Raiding since week one without getting a sha-touched weapon at all - and thus having the gem in the inventory for...nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by fang83 View Post
    So after tons of rep grinded, 20 sigils collected, 6000 vp over 6 very long weeks collected and desperately grinding for sha weapon only to hear that 5.2 will have no upgrade to our sha weapons but infact will be replaced by much more powerful weapons thst cannot take sha gems...

So what happens now? How useless has our weapons become and for how long? Its pretty frustrating that after months of getting our weapon up to scratch that we can't even continue using it throughout 5.2.... or am I missing something?
    Because Sha-touched weapons will not be upgrade into the final legendary item. There will also be a shield option for classes that can use them. As for the uselessness of your Sha-touched weapon, it is just a normal weapon that gets replaced with a higher tier upgrade like a normal raid weapon. You need to stop thinking it is something special just because you put in a +500 gem into it.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 11:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Do you know what's even more frustrating? Raiding since week one without getting a sha-touched weapon at all - and thus having the gem in the inventory for...nothing.
    It's not really for nothing since it was a reward for completing a part of the legendary chain. The quest is more important than the rewards at this point. Once it ends we will most likely have an item that there is no upgrade for in the last tier of raiding or something that will truly last a while into the next expansion.

Its pretty frustrating that after months of getting our weapon up to scratch that we can't even continue using it throughout 5.2.... or am I missing something?
    No what is "pretty frustrating" is to have been finished with Chapter 2 a month ago and have both the Ledgendary gem and the prismatic socket sitting in the bank for 4 weeks and STILL no Sha Touched weapon...

You have no idea what frustration really is...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiarra View Post
    It doesn't really. It just irks me a bit from the lore PoV, as one minute we have a questline with heavy focus on the sha-touched weapons, and the next thing we know Wrathion may as well be providing us with a bin to dump it in, as we replace it with boring no lore weapon y. Just feels a bit disjointed and leaves me wanting to ask Wrathion why we even bothered with the sha-touched weapons in the first place - I really think the questline/story/lore would have flowed better if they had stuck with somehow combining the sha-touched weapons with 5.2 weapons.

Just my opinion. /shrug
    His ''storyline'' has almost nothing to do with the weapons. The rewards he promises you are vague at best, and an afterthought. Indeed he only even MENTIONS anything to do with ''sha-touched'' items when he explains what the gems he has already given you do.

Once you move on to the Alliance v Horde segment of the quest, he barely even mentions the Sha (If at all?). He could very easily come out and say ''You thought my last reward was great? Wait til you see the next one.'' and the story would flow perfectly.
    Last edited by mmoc52fe769775; 2013-02-12 at 02:13 PM.

There are not going to be new Sha-touched weapons. But you can add the prismatic slot from the 5.1 legendary quest chain to a weapon.

I guess that the sha touched weapons are not the first stage legendary in the traditional since like how shadow's edge/fear and vengeance are, I wouldn't blame people who thought it was though, hell I thought it was. But we don't know what blizz's plan is for all we know we could be combining the items we get into one or and the sha touched weapons could get a power/item level boost in 5.3/5.4, who knows. I am gunna hang on to mine just in case.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffpuffgivegive View Post
    No what is "pretty frustrating" is to have been finished with Chapter 2 a month ago and have both the Ledgendary gem and the prismatic socket sitting in the bank for 4 weeks and STILL no Sha Touched weapon...

You have no idea what frustration really is...
    I actually just got my sword since the staff doesn't exist, but I know your pain bro. As a side note i plan on holding onto my wep just incase, I mean we are talking about blizz here

Quote Originally Posted by AlisonPrime View Post
    CONFIRMED - The Eye of the Black Prince (The Prismatic Socket adder) will work with your new weapons, You WILL be able to add a prismatic slot to your new weapons.

However Sha Touched gems become useless. The weapon damage however will outweigh the stats from the gem.
    I wouldn't get my hopes too high on this yet though, just because it *does* work now does not mean they intend for it to work (at least I haven't seen anything from them saying such).
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

I like to think of it this way -->

Every tier has 2 legendaries:
    Vanilla: Sulfuras and Thunderfury (okay, and Atiesh, but that was removed)
    BC: Warglaives and Bow
    WotLK: Valnyr (sp?) and Shadowmourne
    Cata: Dragon Staff (name?) and Fangs of Father

MoP --> Sha-touched Weapons and ___________

My guess is that the Sha-touched weapons were given legendary augments in order to take the place of the first legendaries of the expansion.
    Our second legendary is going to either be a separate item all together (new weapon) or we're going to be combining our sha-touched, super socketed and gemmed weapon into it's "final form" legendary.

TL;DR - don't vendor your Sha-weapon until the end of the expansion

Yeah mine is going in the bank. I dont trust blizz enough to throw it away and it not be used later to fuse everything together to make the ultimate weapon. A neat idea though is that by the end of this expansion is not an item that is a legendary weapon....but we the characters as a whole have become legendary weapons.

Someone already beat me to it, but just in case, don't vendor/DE your weapons in case blizzard decides to do something with them, something along the lines of what toddless posted. It only costs you one slot in your bags/bank and it keeps you from doing 5.0 content again just to get another weapon.

Blizzard said this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nethaera
    The gem received for completing Breath of the Black Prince can be used on Sha-Touched weapons, but will not be useable on new weapons from the Throne of Thunder Raid. (Don’t throw them out though. You never know if a gem may come back in style.).

Quote Originally Posted by iscalio View Post
    Blizzard said this:
    I was gonna post exactly this.

In short... Keep your sha-touched weapon or gem in the safe!

Deleted
    well i'm not gonna cry when i disenchant my hc shek'zeer mace. so ugly i long for it.