[TV] why does ultimate spider-man get so much hate?

so basically if you go on any comic site or any cartoon site anytime a new show gets cancelled or changed or anything you see alot of people go "that shit show ultimate spider-mans still on but this cant get views" ect ect.

i just dont get it. sure its not the best show in the world but i dont see anything seriously wrong with the show either and i quite like it the only thing i dislike about the show is i wish spidey was more solo since i dont really like the whole shield team mini avengers lite they have going on.

the main complaints i usually see is that 1. spidey jokes around to much and is always cracking jokes and 2. that hes always talking to himself and speaking in 3rd person.

ummmm im sorry but have these people EVER watched a spider-man cartoon or read a spidey comic? spidey is ALWAYS cracking jokes and talking to himself hes been doing it since his inception if you go back and read some of the old stan lee and jack kirby comics hes doing it even back then.

so can anyone tell me why its getting so much hate?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    so basically if you go on any comic site or any cartoon site anytime a new show gets cancelled or changed or anything you see alot of people go "that shit show ultimate spider-mans still on but this cant get views" ect ect.

so can anyone tell me why its getting so much hate?
    Have you maybe considered asking those people you're quoting, instead of people on a completely unrelated board who haven't said any of those things thus far?

Multiple reasons why people hate this:

1. They (Jeff Loeb) canceled Spectacular Spiderman which was debatebly the best Spiderman show/adaptation to date.
    2. Ultimate Spiderman, even though it has Ultimate in the title, has almost nothing to do with the Ultimate Spiderman comic universe.
    3. Spiderman acts more like Deadpool than Spiderman (continiously breaking the 4th wall), not to mention the TERRIBLE jokes, compared to the cracking jokes from the comics (or Spectacular Spiderman/90's Spiderman TAS)

I liked all Spectacular Spiderman episodes, only liked 3~4 episodes of the episodes aired thus far (First episode with Hulk as Guest Star, Green Goblin 2-parter and S2 episode with the Lizard).
    I grew up with the 60's spiderman cartoon (which aired during the 80's too), but mostly the 90's Spiderman (and X-men) cartoon.
    For me it is now Spectacular > 90's Spiderman > Spiderman Unlimited > MTV's Spiderman > Ultimate Spiderman > 60's Spiderman.

I mostly blame Jeff Loeb though. Ever since his kid died of cancer, it seems he has made it his job to cancel good stuff and replace it with crap.
    He canceled:
    Wolverine and the X-men, which was imo a great show compared to X-Men Evolution (But slightly less good than X-Men TAS)
    Spectacular Spiderman
    Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes with HIS new (ultimate) avengers show so it can be in the same continuity as Ultimate Spiderman. Plus Loeb is against "story arcs". Heck, to save face he said that the new show will be a "continuation" of the previous Avengers:EMH and resolve some of the plot lines. Which fans of the 3 above shows know Loeb is lying about.
    Last edited by dirk123; 2013-02-12 at 03:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    yea pretty much what the above stated. :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    Multiple reasons why people hate this:

1. They (Jeff Loeb) canceled Spectacular Spiderman which was debatebly the best Spiderman show/adaptation to date.
    2. Ultimate Spiderman, even though it has Ultimate in the title, has almost nothing to do with the Ultimate Spiderman comic universe.
    3. Spiderman acts more like Deadpool than Spiderman (continiously breaking the 4th wall), not to mention the TERRIBLE jokes, compared to the cracking jokes from the comics (or Spectacular Spiderman/90's Spiderman TAS)

I liked all Spectacular Spiderman episodes, only liked 3~4 episodes of the episodes aired thus far (First episode with Hulk as Guest Star, Green Goblin 2-parter and S2 episode with the Lizard).
    I grew up with the 60's spiderman cartoon (which aired during the 80's too), but mostly the 90's Spiderman (and X-men) cartoon.
    For me it is now Spectacular > 90's Spiderman > Spiderman Unlimited > MTV's Spiderman > Ultimate Spiderman > 60's Spiderman.

I mostly blame Jeff Loeb though. Ever since his kid died of cancer, it seems he has made it his job to cancel good stuff and replace it with crap.
    He canceled:
    Wolverine and the X-men, which was imo a great show compared to X-Men Evolution (But slightly less good than X-Men TAS)
    Spectacular Spiderman
    Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes with HIS new (ultimate) avengers show so it can be in the same continuity as Ultimate Spiderman. Plus Loeb is against "story arcs". Heck, to save face he said that the new show will be a "continuation" of the previous Avengers:EMH and resolve some of the plot lines. Which fans of the 3 above shows know Loeb is lying about.
    while i get that alot of people liked spectacular spidey i was under the assumption that it got cancelled because marvel wanted to make their own spider-man show so they had to get the rights back from sony. also i agree with avengers emh i liked it alot but so far they said avengers assemble would continue on from where it left off so im gonna wait till the show comes out before i judge it.

however i think alot of people talk up spectacular spider-man too much i really liked the show but the only thing i felt that was really high quality writing wise was the venom story arc i thought it was one of the best venom storylines in a long time. however other than that i actually like ultimate spider-man a bit more than spectacular. the 90s one is still my favorite though although that one pisses me off because it ended on a cliffhanger but other than that the 90s one was best.

i get that the jokes are a little cheesy sometimes but they still feel like spidey jokes. if it were up to me the only thing i would really change is i would make it all about spider-man and take out the shield stuff
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552