pve gear vs pvp gear as a starting pvp'er

hey guys (and maybe girls),

I recently starting pvp'ing for the legendary gem slot from the black prince but was wondering how to gear,
    so my main question is; is the Dreadful gladiator gear (so the honor gear) better then HoF/ToES epics??

my main confusion is is -+300 pvp power and resillience worth the 130 agi / 320 stam for example...

or should i just stay in my pve gear (with the pvp trinket to clear cc's) untill i have the conquest points to buy those ?

any help in this would be very much appreciated

If all you want is the 2 wins for the quest, you are probably better served by getting 3-4 guildmates/friends with pvp gear and making a pre-made group. The sub set of the raiders in my guild who also pvp have been systematically carrying the members of our raid who don't have pvp gear. Recommend having one pvp geared healer in the group. With a full group of 5, we generally only have to do each battleground once (for every time we carry someone through them).

Temple of Kotmogu is generally decided by healer superiority/burst superiority. Silvershard mines is generally decided by CC superiority/mobility superiority - ie which team can zerg the best and get each cart just before it caps.

As a guild we refer to them as the "fun one" and the "sucky one" respectively.

no no i already completed the 2 bg's but i actually found it kinda fun so i wanted to do some more so im wondering how to gear after that :P
    Last edited by Datenshi; 2013-02-12 at 06:59 PM. Reason: typo

Resilience is the best stat in PvP, so unless you want to swap between full resi gems and pve gems every time you go between PvE and PvP, i'd start working on a full honor set.

Remember that the new season starts in 2-3 weeks and a completely new honor set comes out then.

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Resilience is the best stat in PvP, so unless you want to swap between full resi gems and pve gems every time you go between PvE and PvP, i'd start working on a full honor set.

Remember that the new season starts in 2-3 weeks and a completely new honor set comes out then.
    This pvp in PvE gear until the new set is released, keep honor until cap, buy an item, and cap again, so you have 4k honor when next patch hits

Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    This pvp in PvE gear until the new set is released, keep honor until cap, buy an item, and cap again, so you have 4k honor when next patch hits
    Actually, unless ur justice capped already, honor cap, convert to justice, justice cap, honor cap again so in 5.2 u have the extra 4k justice which equates to like 2500 honor which is 1-2 extra pieces

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo View Post
    Actually, unless ur justice capped already, honor cap, convert to justice, justice cap, honor cap again
    He'll be using justice for gear next patch probably as he's a raider judging by OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Datenshi View Post
    no no i already completed the 2 bg's but i actually found it kinda fun so i wanted to do some more so im wondering how to gear after that :P
    Not going to lie, this shocked me a little. Your the first person I have seen (or at least know about) that was forced to jump into bg's and actully enjoy it. Now onto your question.

The next PvP season will land with the upcoming patch which is currently planned/expected for the 26th. With the new patch new conquest gear will be added and the current one will get nerfed down to the new honor gear, though if memory serves this time the 'new' honor gear is getting a ilvl reduction. With this in mind it's best to pool your honor points till cap and pick up a honor peice and re-cap and pick up current conquest gear while you still can. Just make sure when the 26th rolls around you'll be sitting at honor cap. Also conquest will be turned into honor when the patch lands, so keep that in mind since you wont be able to carry over conquest to the new season. That would be the best course of action in my opinion.

thanks for your advise people :d

also about:
    Not going to lie, this shocked me a little. Your the first person I have seen (or at least know about) that was forced to jump into bg's and actully enjoy it. Now onto your question.
    the first 10 times i tried to get it i really got annoyed by it (mostly because we lost horribly)
    but slowly i started to enjoy?? (not sure how to explain it :P) the compitition between the players ^_^

but then again it's completely possible i got a couple of screws loose in my head

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    He'll be using justice for gear next patch probably as he's a raider judging by OP.
    unlikely, the current valor gear will still be bought with valor but at a discounted price. If he is a raider there really is no use for JP besides boa's and converting to honor.

Stack 4000 Justice and Honor, and buy pvp gear in the next season

Deleted
    PvP power and Resilience are far more important stats than the stuff on your PvE gear. Sure, your PvE gear is good, but it won't mean shit against someone with Resilience if you have fuck all power also, people who have PvP power will steam roll you in your PvE gear.

The crafted sets are a good place to start for PvP gear. Get yourself the set with the pve off pieces and build your kit from there.