Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What about the Ramkahen?

It seems as though Blizzard has completely forgotten the Ramkahen. I mean, are they still there? Are they ignorant to everything going on around them? They have their own culture they've accepted us into, one with a hierarchy and conflict. They're different than any of the other races we've encountered in Azeroth due to the fact that they have an entire empire and are a mostly good group of peoples.

What's the deal Blizzard? Are they just dead and gone now?

As far as I can tell based on what happened with the raids, etc., the Ramkahen were successful in defeating the Neferset; Al-Akir and Siamat are defeated in lore, and as with Deathwing eliminated there's really no one supporting Neferset. So the Tol'vir with the exception of the Neferset are still in Uldum.
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2013-02-12 at 08:05 PM.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    After the defeat of the neferset i assume they went back to doing what they did before in guarding the titans contructs left there and continuing the same stuff they did pre-cata. They accepted help from the horde/alliance as they needed it but never really had a real desire or need to leave Uldum and explore the world. Who knows though we may see them as a group or just a few some point in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by gridalien View Post
    After the defeat of the neferset i assume they went back to doing what they did before in guarding the titans contructs left there and continuing the same stuff they did pre-cata. They accepted help from the horde/alliance as they needed it but never really had a real desire or need to leave Uldum and explore the world. Who knows though we may see them as a group or just a few some point in the future.
    This is a logical explanation. I agree that they were one of the cooler unique races which we encountered in Cata, but they seemed both very self-subsistent and self-contained. Wouldn't mind seeing a few of them interjected somewhere else in Azeroth sometime, but it's doubtful.

I bet they are hanging out with all the other factions from expansions gone, such as the Thorium brotherhood or the consortium. (And basically the majority of factions. They pop up, get grinded to exalted and are never heard from again)

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anyone cares really. The whole theme of uldum was a mess. A race of cat mutants who are meant to be an ancient race of titan made guardians cursed with the curse of flesh.. and nothing else from it.
    They seemed a generic, boring race tbh. I would have so much more preferred if al'akir had made his presence known across the zone, as an elemental lord following deathwing, him appearing much like ragnaros did in hyjal, it would have been SO much better then indiana jones and the rejected thundercats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same thing that happened to...

The Arrakoa.
    The Broken
    The Lost Ones
    Ethereals
    Ogri'la
    The Aldor
    The Scryers
    Those weird mushroom men. I mean, what was up with them?
    Frostborne
    Taunka
    Those walrus dudes.
    Those neato Cata Earthen.

And about a hundred other forgotten factions or races.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post

The Arrakoa.
    The Broken
    The Lost Ones
    Ethereals
    Ogri'la
    The Aldor
    The Scryers
    Frostborne
    Taunka
    Those walrus dudes.

Well blizzard did reuse these races later on, the broken more so then the rest with characters like shamans in the earthen ring.

Since we killed all the Keepers and Neferset in the Halls of Origination, I imagine the Tol'vir are the only custodians of it now. They are the last defense for the reorigination machine that can destroy the planet, and we will probably never hear of them again. Until the Legion invades again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Pfew..what about the Hydraxian Waterlords, Lower City and..who ever...Do we still care about the Ashen Verdict or the Molten Front Offensive?
    Water Lords could show up later when we resolve the Neptulon story, Ashen Verdict are probably chilling (haha) in Icecrown Citadel watching over Bolvar (the members from the Ebon Blade, at least), and if we ever get a full-on elemental planes expansion, I suspect the Firelands will look very different, what with the trees everywhere...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post

The Arrakoa.
    The Broken
    The Lost Ones
    Ethereals
    Ogri'la
    The Aldor
    The Scryers
    Frostborne
    Taunka
    Those walrus dudes.

There's an Arrakoa boss in the Violet Hold in Wotlk (Nothing else ahead I think)
    Broken in the Earthen Ring in Cataclysm
    Lost Ones... Yeah nothing, you do see some in the Swamp of Sorrows
    Ethereals came as Void Storagers, Transmogfrifiers, Item Upgraders and rogue legendary quest guy in 4x cities in Cataclysm/MoP
    Ogr'la Nothing
    The Aldor Nothing
    Scryers Nothing
    Sporeggar Nothing
    Frostborn Nothing
    Taunka I think I saw those somewhere used as Horde soldiers in a remade Classic zone after the cataclysm hit, can't remember
    Kalu'ak You see one in each Shrine in the Vale, and I think there's one in Krasarang at the anglers which makes 3x added in MoP

Well, that was my comment :P

Also, I have high feelings of another ''space'' ''Burning Legion'' expansion so we'll get Shattrath and the old Outland factions as a new remake of updated ones, much like you see Sunreavers and the Kirin Tor from wotlk in the Throne of Thunder MoP patch
    Last edited by mmoc9aedacf3cf; 2013-02-12 at 08:30 PM.

Pfew..what about the Hydraxian Waterlords, Lower City and..who ever..
    I don't even know where there even is a Hydraxian Waterlord ... still grinding the rep.

Do we still care about the Ashen Verdict or the Molten Front Offensive?
    Well, like the upcoming Shado-Pan Assault, those are more Goal-Oriented Factions than they are Population-Oriented. Since the goal was completed, they really don't have a purpose outside the goal, unless someone reorganizes them for a different goal.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Just like that Klaxxi still offer me dailies although we stomped out all bosses in their raid?
    Not really. Even though you can do the dailies for Klaxxi after the Empress is defeated and you're Exalted, that's a game mechanic, not a lore mechanic.

Deleted
    They're a race that doesn't even make sense.

Old Gods corrupt them with the curse of flesh only for their servant Deathwing to undo it. It just doesn't add up.

And we probably won't see them again, just like the forces in Outland doing nothing. How can Khadgar, Danath and Nazgrel completely ignore the war between the Horde and the Alliance? Nazgrel was Thrall's right hand for a long time, now he's just ignored. And that's just naming a few, there's countless more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    They're a race that doesn't even make sense.

Old Gods corrupt them with the curse of flesh only for their servant Deathwing to undo it. It just doesn't add up.

And we probably won't see them again, just like the forces in Outland doing nothing. How can Khadgar, Danath and Nazgrel completely ignore the war between the Horde and the Alliance? Nazgrel was Thrall's right hand for a long time, now he's just ignored. And that's just naming a few, there's countless more.
    My understanding isn't that the Curse of Flesh is "targeted" like that. It's more of an AoE kind of thing, ie any titan constructs that hang around long enough can fall under it's influence.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

I liked the concept of the Tol'vir but their execution was poor.

One of those "quest for pandaria" or "Travel Journal" short stories on the official site had them executing neferset and such by dropping huge stones on them though.
    Twas brillig

I'm sure the majority of the Ramkahen have no interest in leaving Uldum. But for the few more adventurous types among them, I don't think it would be unreasonable to assume they might try and build relations with the Tauren and Night Elves. If not, at the very least I'm sure their are a fair number of Dwarfs who would like to research the Tol'vir and their titan lineage.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I'm sure the majority of the Ramkahen have no interest in leaving Uldum. But for the few more adventurous types among them, I don't think it would be unreasonable to assume they might try and build relations with the Tauren and Night Elves. If not, at the very least I'm sure their are a fair number of Dwarfs who would like to research the Tol'vir and their titan lineage.
    Short story had them tell the dwarfs off and forbid their digging so they wouldn't end up like the cursed gnomes in the area.

Dwarves were grumbly about it.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Short story had them tell the dwarfs off and forbid their digging so they wouldn't end up like the cursed gnomes in the area.

Dwarves were grumbly about it.
    Interesting. I'll have to read it. Makes a lot sense...it would be similar to if ancient Egyptians ran into modern day scientists trying to study mummies. They would probably be run off or worse by the locals.

A lot of those old factions are very local, probably with virtually no influence outside their questing area. The Sporregar only really care about their village and the mushroom swamp they live in.

Others are temporary organizations meant to fulfill a specific purpose. I wouldn't be surprised if the Molten Front Offensive disbanded and their base was abandoned after Ragnaros was finished off.

Others stick around, but go do their day to day stuff now that they aren't needed in a big way. The elements have calmed down, so no reason for the Earthen Ring to hand out quests and loot anymore.