Thread: Lowerping

Deleted

Lowerping

So, recently I've began having some problems with my Latency while playing wow, I suspect it's my ISP, since it started when I had to switch to another one due to moving.

Anyhow, my latency was usually sitting between 40-50ms before, but with this new ISP it goes up to 110-120, which makes a huge difference when it comes to PvP.

I've tried a few things here and there, such as leatrix latency fix, but it doesn't solve the problem, probably since it's on the end of my ISP having a bad routing.

So to my point, if there is anyone out there using Lowerping i'd like to hear what you have to say about it, if it's working good / is it safe.

apparently it's not bannable by blizzard, but you might get banned due to the proxy being used, and blizzard mistakenly thinking someone else is on your account, can anyone confirm this?

PS. I'm from sweden conncecting to a server in stockholm, so it's kinda retarded to have this MS huh, and I'm stuck with this ISP so lowerping is my only chance as I see it.

Personally I use Leatrix's Latency Fix.

It's always done the job extremely well and I've never had a problem.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...atencyFix.html

Leatrix's fix isn't going to fix issues with your actual internet. It optimizes the way your computer deals with internet traffic.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

10+ Year Old Account
    That is lag??? hahaha sorry but its not even close to any type of lag. Aussie players can't even physically get that low. Lowerping only works for people with 200+ms. Before i got my new internet deal i used to use lowerping to get from 250/300 to 170 which is the lowest i can physically get here since our servers are in America. I highly doubt it will have any effect under 150ms.
    Aye mate

Hi Luciev, to answer the question directly we don't ban accounts for using proxies, but we don't support them either. That being said, a Battle.net account can get automatically locked down if it looks like it's being logged into from a new location, but that's easily fixed by forcing a password reset - or by having an authenticator/SMS protect set up on the account. In addition, here's some general information which may help you alleviate the latency you've reported.

Please let us know if this helped you!

Cheers,
    Araxom

Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    Hi Luciev, to answer the question directly we don't ban accounts for using proxies, but we don't support them either. That being said, a Battle.net account can get automatically locked down if it looks like it's being logged into from a new location, but that's easily fixed by forcing a password reset - or by having an authenticator/SMS protect set up on the account. In addition, here's some general information which may help you alleviate the latency you've reported.

Cheers,
    Araxom
    Since when Blizzard is here? Or am I being trolled? Confused Oo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    That is lag??? hahaha sorry but its not even close to any type of lag. Aussie players can't even physically get that low. Lowerping only works for people with 200+ms. Before i got my new internet deal i used to use lowerping to get from 250/300 to 170 which is the lowest i can physically get here since our servers are in America. I highly doubt it will have any effect under 150ms.
    Of course it's gonna help, I did a tracert and it sends me off the Africa before I go to the actual server in Stockholm. So using a proxy through lowerping which sends me to London and then to stockholm will reduce the MS by some amount.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 05:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post

Cheers,
    Araxom
    Thanks a lot Araxom, makes me feel safer hearing that from an actual Blizzard employee, that last thing I want is to get banned for using this service.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciev View Post
    Of course it's gonna help, I did a tracert and it sends me off the Africa before I go to the actual server in Stockholm. So using a proxy through lowerping which sends me to London and then to stockholm will reduce the MS by some amount.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 05:44 PM ----------

Thanks a lot Araxom, makes me feel safer hearing that from an actual Blizzard employee, that last thing I want is to get banned for using this service.
    I am sorry I must have missed the ID check or eVerify on that post.. do we KNOW it was blizzard or merely a post to APPEAR as though Blizzard actually replied. I would find it extremely amazing that employees could peruse NON-blizzard sites, that would presume they have gobs of spare time, which by the number of posts on Blizzard sites and issues they have just isn't the case... maybe someone copied \ pasted a post.

Bottom line is do NOT ASSUME! That's how SPAM get's propagated, people THINK it's authentic... it may not be!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rjparker1 View Post
    I am sorry I must have missed the ID check or eVerify on that post.. do we KNOW it was blizzard or merely a post to APPEAR as though Blizzard actually replied. I would find it extremely amazing that employees could peruse NON-blizzard sites, that would presume they have gobs of spare time, which by the number of posts on Blizzard sites and issues they have just isn't the case... maybe someone copied \ pasted a post.

Bottom line is do NOT ASSUME! That's how SPAM get's propagated, people THINK it's authentic... it may not be!
    I'am pretty sure this guy is legit, he's been on the wowhead forums as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rjparker1 View Post

Why would he not be a blizzard employee? He has a blue custom Blizzard tag, while only have 91 posts currently. I doubt MMO-C will give any random player and his mom such tag...

OT: Like someone else mentioned, Leatrix' Latency Fix helps for me. But besides moving closer to the server of your realm/switching realm, you can't really lower your ping.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    aww. i see the word "Lowerping" and i go into the thread to investigate, expecting multiple "I lewt teh hat" responses. I am disappoint.

OT: you won't be banned for it, but blizzard doesn't support it, and if it looks suspicious, you might get locked temporarily.