Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sadie View Post
    I lol so hard at all these 'collectors' going boo-hoo-50-toons-4-tears-no-mount-I-deserve... you deserve nothing, since the purpose of it's existence isn't something someone can deserve... just be lucky and learn to live with the fact you will never have this
    And that's exactly the purpose of this thread. To change this. Sad to see those shitters who don't think one can get "everything". Seen several of those in this thread LoL!

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    Someone just went full retard, I have a screenshot of a person riding the Galleon mount.
    There is a high chance that you only have a screenshot of a person using this item: http://www.wowhead.com/item=89682 At least if it's an older screenshot

I lol so hard at all these 'collectors' going boo-hoo-50-toons-4-tears-no-mount-I-deserve... you deserve nothing, since the purpose of it's existence isn't something someone can deserve... just hope you're lucky and learn to live with the fact you may never have this
    fix'd (10chars)

Ive been wanting this mount for years, and sadly this year isnt looking any better. 5 toons per day isnt enough chances
    I really wish they'd up it to 1%. This coming from someone who owns a netherrocket.

I luckily got this on an alt in Cataclysm that I leveled up purely for guild achievements, never played it since.

All I can say is good luck, you have a wealth of toons to hopefully get it on and the odds are you'll get it when you don't expect it to drop. I almost missed Ashes dropping in January because I was accustomed to the regular disappointment of no mount. Chin up, keep going. Good luck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Huh?

Pink Love Rocket has never had anything to do with 310 flight speed. The Violet Protodrake, which you got for completeing the full set of yearly event achievements awarded you 310 flight if you didnt have it already, and I think (not 100% sure) that earning either of the ICC 10 / 25 Glory achieves for the Frostwyrm mounts would give it as well. Blizzard would NEVER have tied something that granted 310 flight to a 100% completely random drop. You always had to earn it.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 08:28 PM ----------

Would really love to see that screenie, + an armory link, + a verifiably date stamp that proves the mount dropped anytime before february of this year.

Of course, it is not even remotely possibly the person you saw riding the Galleon mount was actually riding http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=89682 instead.
    Before the speed was implemented some mounts was simply 310% speed it wasn't a skill simply some mounts had it. Early "Glory of xxxxxxxx raider" achievements Mimiron's head, Ashes of Al'ar, gladiator mounts and so on. When it was converted to a skill everyone with a 310% mount got the skill. And afaik the love rocket was infact 310%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    Actually the drop rate is fine. You are not supposed to get ALL the mount at once anyway. People demanding and thinking that they deserve mounts are beyond ridiculous.
    Besides, i feel fuzzy and warm on the inside knowing I got my love rocket and the cry babys did not.
    In other words, you feel fuzzy and warm on the inside knowing that you just got lucky? Hrmm..

When the mount first came out, I ran the event a total of 327 times. I did this by advertising in Trade Chat, getting low lvls through the instance, asking ppl if they wanted to go ahead and do it. Being completly honest about the fact that I did the daily already, it wasn't that hard to continuasly get groups up. But yea, 327 tries the first time it was out, didn't see the mount once.

Then they changed it to once/day/character. Didn't up the drop rate. When the next event happened, I was only able to do it about 32 times, compared to the previous 327 (or 10x more attempts). ATM, since I lvld up a ton of alts, I got about 90ish total attempts on this boss, still a far cry from the previous 327 attempts...

So, yea. For a limited time event that you can't even "grind" anymore, a .03% drop chance is downright retarted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    In other words, you feel fuzzy and warm on the inside knowing that you just got lucky?
    I do have a decent amount of low % drop mounts, but somehow once I get them I never really ride them very often. Some people I just don't understand.

People can keep arguing forever but it's not like anything will change before next year. Either way the only people complaining are the collectors that already have like 300 mounts. If the drop rate was buffed it would fall in the baron mount category and you know how that ends up.

A 10 page topic complaining about how certain aspects of this game are difficult if you have bad luck. Ridiculous.

I bet some of the people posting here are the same people that complain this game caters to casuals. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Disclaimer: I have a Big Love Rocket from a few years ago. Wasn't even trying to farm it, I just happened to get it on my DK. RNG is RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothrik View Post
    A 10 page topic complaining about how certain aspects of this game are difficult if you have bad luck. Ridiculous.

I bet some of the people posting here are the same people that complain this game caters to casuals. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    I don't think anyone is complaining about anything being "difficult," rather annoying. 1% drop rate mounts keep the "mount economy" small enough that you don't see everyone and their mother on them, but can be realistically farmed if you truly want the mount (albeit probably taking several level capped characters and hours of repetition). 0.03% is a bit ridiculous, though I'm not sure if the drop rate is actually that low.

Deleted
    The rocket is sooo amazing. 12 alts here, 4th year. Still nothing, I feel your pain :S

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen a single Love Rocket since I started playing wow. It has always been the mount that I wanted to obtain, but I didn't know it was that low of a chance. I thought it was closer to 1% and was feeling good about my roughly 60-70 runs of it I will probably get in over all my characters. With normal mounts, Anzu, Fiery, Riverdare, etc. I have no problem with them being low, but with an event that happens 2 weeks out of every year I think the mount should be at least 1% if not 5%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by melissak View Post
    The rocket is sooo amazing. 12 alts here, 4th year. Still nothing, I feel your pain :S
    Only 1 char (I Don't do Alts), first tries to get it were last year, from the beginning of this year's events till now I missed 2 days of possible tries, got it today 19-02-2013 on my one and only char

As long as it is fugly I don't care about the droprate.

I dont understand the purpose of this thread. Its a rare mount, thats all. I wish the drop rate would be even lower.

Deleted
    I wonder if anyone has the Galleon mount

They make the drop chance as low as possible so if you manage to get it, you'll earn the title 'Special Snowflake' and people won't QQ about the fact that anyone has them.

The only reason i want it is because of rarity, not a special snow flake but it is kinda cool to have something not everyone has. I wouldn't care if i had it when drop rate was .03% and it got raised to 5% its still kinda rare who cares?
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    What is it with Blizzard and randomly really really low drop chances. I know Reins of the Onyxian Drake was fixed in 5.1 to around 1%, perhaps its time they look into this one as well, I mean 1 in 3333 attempts ( according to wowhead ) is hearth-breaking to say the least.
    From the wikipedia page on Reinforcement (aka. psychological conditioning, or "brainwashing"):

"Variable ratio: high rate of responding greatest activity of all schedules, responding rate is high and stable."

Giving it a teeny tiny chance to drop is a great way to keep people hooked on WoW.

It sucks for mount collectors who only get one small time of the year to get it, would be nice if the holiday mounts we're Bind on Use