Poll: Should Garrosh Kill Thrall?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Tell you what, shall we compare him to Bolvar?

Let's see...

He's a powerful warrior and utterly devoted to his king and kingdom; vowing to protect the young Anduin until he can take the throne.
    Yet he failed in his duty, as he was manipulated by Onyxia and allowed Anduin to be captured by her.
    He is sent on the Northrend campaign and is ambushed at the Wrathgate by Putress; who "kills" him with the plague.
    His body is then destroyed beyond recognition by the dragon fire.
    The Lich King retrieves his body, still alive, so that he can torture him extensively.
    By the power of the light, he manages not to break.
    When he's saved and Arthas is killed, knowing there's no place for him in the world anymore he makes the ultimate sacrifice and allows himself to be locked in eternal mental battle with Ner'zhul in an effort to keep the Scourge in check; yet neither him nor us knows how long he'll be able to do that for.

Now what did Thrall go through exactly? Oh he was held as a prisoner once and abused a bit by his overlord, then in 4.2 he got a bit insecure. Then he saved the world and settled down to make a family. Yeah fantastic, tons of weaknesses and strife there.

How about he fought in a most gruesome battle since War of the Ancients?

I have to admit thrall IS too soft, trusting and forgiving to be an effective warchief especially in times of war

The way he was hestitant to attack the scourge until the scourge made the decision for him.

Letting the Forsaken run rings around him he shouldve known what they was up too in the Undercity.

Appointing Gallywix leader even though seconds before Gallywix was trying to kill him i mean come on thrall i rescued your ass and saved the day and you appoint the bastard who wanted me as a slave as leader of the goblins thrall shouldve decapitated him when he had the chance.

I could go on but dont get me wrong i fucking loved thrall in warcraft 3 but in wow he seems to come off as too trusting and too naive the only time he seemed pissed was when he told me he wanted the head of rend blackhand which i gladly delivered to him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    I'd rather he killed Aggra, because then I'd finally be rid of her AND it would produce delicious character development for Thrall.
    I don't know, he's lost plenty of people close to him before (Taretha, Orgrim, Grom, Cairne), and people still complain about his development. Sure, you could argue Aggra is closer to him then they were since she is his wife, but all those people were close friends and/or mentors to him. Honestly, the only close friends he has left are Vol'jin and Drek'thar, and maybe a few others I'm forgetting.

Deleted
    Like Trassk says. Who the hell should replace him?
    And why should he die? He IS my favorit hero. And have always been since D3, since i saw his Wolfs and CL spells, followed up with a Earthquake <3

Thrall for The President

Deleted
    Every major lore character should die and be replaced by humans with chris metzen masks on.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. But he shouldn't be Warchief or leader of the Orcs either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Thrall should live, Garrosh should kill Aggra.

Not cuz I dislike her, but because it'd be a great plot point in Garrosh's descent into darkness.
    Wouldn't killing that abberation be step to his redemption ?
    OT: I don't think thrall should die. He is far to iconic character (and if you just like me create mental blocade for cataclysm content, he's still pretty cool one) and sacreficing him for sake of "vader kills obi-wan" cliche is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    The WARcraft argument is as worn out as saying mary sue because you think it sounds clever.

I'd say nobody has paid any attention to the story in mists of pandaria, how things like war and hatred and doubt lead to consequences and your actions being judged for such feelings. Yet, none of that matters when some 15 year old sounds out 'this is world of WARcraft! not Peacecraft!'.

Even when the game developers are telling you outright the theme of this expansion, how WAR is the enemy, you choose to ignore that.
    So you are calling the developers, including metzen, who said something similar to the whole 'this is WARcraft' some 15 year olds? The most I did was offer my opinion on thrall, not the entire theme of Mop.

Normally I agree with what you have to say but to be honest in this thread alone you have shown nothing but fanyboyism for thrall. And you insulted me in the process when I showed you no sign of disrespect. And I'm not the one who is ignoring developers especially since I am pretty damn casual to the game as a whole.

So get off your high horse. You've shown nothing but blatant disregard for other people's views on this particular thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pfft. Kill Thrall? He'll just reincarnate.

Deleted
    i say no,

cause i dnt want another fatherless or orphan hero too grow up. those get a bit boring.
    thrall didnt have his parents growing up.
    garrosh didnt see his father when growing up.
    anduin missed his father for most of his youth.

do we really want too add another major character in the making to be added too that list ? i say no, enough already with the same crap. let thrall live and kill him off when his child(eren) are grown up.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    I have to admit thrall IS too soft, trusting and forgiving to be an effective warchief especially in times of war
    You mean the same way the Alliance is, even when the Horde is raping and pillaging their lands? Not really. Thrall is a more effective leader of the Horde than Garrosh and a more effective leader than Alliance leaders are respective to their faction. Not to say he hasn't made mistakes but the way the story develops it clearly effects him and he sees them as mistakes. Garrosh, for all his aggression, has gained nothing, a lost a whole lot with much more to lose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    But in good story telling it shouldn't matter what their alignment is. They all should have an equal chance to be killed off. Anything else leads to an overly predictable story in which the good guy always wins.
    But the good guys always win in any comic, book or movie. It's a proven recipe for success. At least, if we are to believe the US 'culture'.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 10:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Garrosh, for all his aggression, has gained nothing, a lost a whole lot with much more to lose.
    He gained nothing? When he learned of his father's redemption of the Orcish race he gained pride and confidence. When he learned of Saurfang's guilt he learned honour. When he learned of the bombing of innocents he learned mercy.

Garrosh gained a lot actually. People simply choose to ignore it.
    Thrall's only real development was in the book Lord of the Clans, after that he's just been the same character without gaining anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    He gained nothing? When he learned of his father's redemption of the Orcish race he gained pride and confidence. When he learned of Saurfang's guilt he learned honour. When he learned of the bombing of innocents he learned mercy.
    no he didn't]

Garrosh gained a lot actually. People simply choose to ignore it.
    Thrall's only real development was in the book Lord of the Clans, after that he's just been the same character without gaining anything.
    not talking about his personal development, which was undone within an expansion. Talking about gains for the horde, he gained nothing for the horde...

10+ Year Old Account
    not talking about his personal development, which was undone within an expansion. Talking about gains for the horde, he gained nothing for the horde...
    Do heavy casualties and a schism count?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Do heavy casualties and a schism count?
    Garrosh's spin doctors are working this into the Horde propaganda machine actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh's spin doctors are working this into the Horde propaganda machine actually.
    I can see it already: "Only the weak warriors died. Only the cowards oppose us."

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    This makes absolutely no sense, Garrosh has learned nothing, if you had bothered to pay attention to anything happening in MoP, you can see that he doesn't care one bit about anyone, all he wants is to make himself and his horde as strong as he can and will stop at nothing to get it, including attempting to assassinate Vol'jin, how honourable is that again? And mercy? Mercy isn't even in Garrosh's dictionary, he ordered the destruction of Theramore, who were content to be at peace with them, and basically kills anyone from the Horde who refuses to go along with his genocide.

The only thing he gained was confidence, which went straight to his head and has lead the Horde down the dark path it is on now.

Deleted
    What a horrible thread. Still I voted.... I must be dumb.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was reading some of the cata lore because I missed some of it, and I truly think some of them were high when they wrote it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Should he die? To die just for the sake of dying without any particular reason? No.

Can he die? As every other character yes, and if the story gets it there we will see him dead.