Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iso View Post
    The problem is that it's 5% on top of an already decent racial. And the whole "lawl will only affect you if you're top 20" bullshit is beyond retarded to.

Any 2-4% wipe or extremely tight breakpoints will boil down to how many trolls you have. And you don't need to be cutting edge to struggle with enrage timers or dps treshholds, in fact you're more likely to get smashed by "common" enrages as an average hc guild.

I see no argument why this should be active on boss targets, but then again I wanna do away with combat effective racials overall, and just keep it cosmetic and utility based. Faster ghost speed, falling damage and so on...
    No, it wont, the bosses arent scaled for x amounts of trolls. If you get the boss to 4% you run back in and say lets push some more dmg and execute the tacts better = profit. Its insane when i compare going through MSV on my alts now to when we pushed progress in the beginning, at out main characters (which are the classes we are the best with obviously) we would be tight as hell on every boss in our blues - running on alts with the same ilvl now is just a walk in the park since we are 100% game with the execution of the boss. That is what will make it or brake it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadde111 View Post
    we would be tight as hell on every boss in our blues
    yes, that's the point of progression and sure, after a little more time execution will improve. What everyone is trying to say is you do not have to improve your execution if your entire raid is made up of trolls. All those 0-5% wipes alliance guilds had? You won't have those if everyone is a troll. That's a big deal. Assuming 2 guilds are at the exact same skill level, the one with a lot of trolls will always win. That's plain unfair.

Yes, some fights are harder the further you go, etc, but you're still spending 5% less time in the hard phase, even if that's only 1-2% of the boss' HP.
    Last edited by Frozendekay; 2013-02-12 at 10:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    yes, that's the point of progression and sure, after a little more time execution will improve. What everyone is trying to say is you do not have to improve your execution if your entire raid is made up of trolls. All those 0-5% wipes alliance guilds had? You won't have those if everyone is a troll. That's a big deal. Assuming 2 guilds are at the exact same skill level, the one with a lot of trolls will always win. That's plain unfair.

Yes, some fights are harder the further you go, etc, but you're still spending 5% less time in the hard phase, even if that's only 1-2% of the boss' HP.
    This is a crap argument since the only thing it lives on is blowing 5% up to be some massive dealbraker which will delay you 2 days on a boss - no, first off you wont be seeing a total of 25 trolls in a raid, second, if you wipe on a boss at 5% or lower you are basicly 1 attempt from getting a kill, sure its a difference but you are making it seem like the end of the world instead of the scratchmark on your knee.

Dwarf
    [Crack Shot] : Expertise with ranged weapons increased by 1%.
    [Mace Specialization] : Increases expertise with maces and two-handed maces by 1%.

Gnome
    [Expansive Mind] : Increase mana pool by 5%. Change to mana pool from Intellect occurred with (DPS increase on some classes).
    [Shortblade Specialization] : Expertise with Daggers and One-Handed Swords increased by 1%.

Human
    [Mace Specialization] : Increases expertise with maces and two-handed maces by 1%.
    [Sword Specialization] : Increases expertise with swords and two-handed swords by 1%.

Night elf
    No DPS racials.

Draenei
    [Heroic Presence] : Increases chance to hit with all spells and attacks by 1%.

Worgen
    [Viciousness] : Increases critical strike chance by 1%.

Pandaren
    [Epicurean] : Increases the stat benefits from food by 100%.

Orc
    [Blood Fury] : Activate to increase attack power and spell power by an amount based on level/class for 15 seconds. 2 minute cooldown.
    [Command] : Damage done by Death Knight, Hunter, Shaman and Warlock pets increased by 2%.
    [Axe Specialization] : Expertise with Fist Weapons, One- and Two-handed Axes increased by 1%.

Tauren
    No DPS racials

Troll
    [Berserking] : Activate to increase attack and casting speed by 20% for 10 seconds. 3 minute cooldown.
    Beast Slaying] : 5% damage bonus when fighting against Beasts.
    [Dead Eye] : Expertise with ranged weapons increased by 1%.

Forsaken
    [Touch of the Grave] : Your attacks and damaging spells have a chance to drain the target, dealing Shadow damage and healing you for the same amount.
    ^ this does extra dmg right? I don't play undead.

Blood elf
    No DPS racial

Goblin
    [Rocket Barrage] : Launches your belt rockets at an enemy, dealing X-Y fire damage. (24-30 at level 1; 1654-2020 at level 80). 2 min. cooldown shared with Rocket Jump.
    [Time is Money] : Cash in on a 1% increase to attack and casting speed.

If your comparing them, actually compare them. Even this just comparing dps ones isn't quite honest, some of those utility racial are pretty handy. Don't just act like you get a 5% bonus over everyone. I think 99% of the time if people had the choise they'd pick one of the 1%s over beast slaying. Too me tho, if balancing needs to be done, I'd rather see it done with beserking then beast slaying, because I'd rather keep SOME class flavor. IMO make berserker/blood fury procs, play with their timers, that would remove alot of their potency because you wouldn't be able to stack it with things any more. They feel clunky as abilities, and they end up getting macrod or poped at the same time 99% of the time.

Deleted
    I am just stating the obvious here:

- Blood elves, Taurens, dwarves, gnomes, humans and night elves should be given either an active or a passive dps increase.

- All weapon specializations should go away.

- Pandas, orcs (though I guess they already have stun reduction), draenei and trolls should be given some kind of CC/CC-remover/mobility. Stoneform and escape artist should be buffed too, to grant some kind of mobility buff on use, or remove more CC on use.

- All kind of mob type DPS increases shouldn't be usable on raid bosses. This was something that was cool in vanilla with hunters tracking different humans/beasts etc, and paladins doing extra damage to undeads... We are long past the point where horde having shamans and alliance having paladins was cool.
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2013-02-12 at 12:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    I am just stating the obvious here:

- Blood elves, Taurens, dwarves, gnomes, humans and night elves should be given either an active or a passive dps increase.

- All weapon specializations should go away.

- Pandas, orcs (though I guess they already have stun reduction), draenei and trolls should be given some kind of CC/CC-remover/mobility. Stoneform and escape artist should be buffed too, to grant some kind of mobility buff on use, or remove more CC on use.

- All kind of mob type DPS increases shouldn't be usable on raid bosses. This was something that was cool in vanilla with hunters tracking different humans/beasts etc, and paladins doing extra damage to undeads... We are long past the point where horde having shamans and alliance having paladins was cool.
    You might aswell remove racials since everyone will have the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenmojo View Post
    You might aswell remove racials since everyone will have the same.
    No they wont. Racial choices will come down to preferences and class synergy. Removing them all togther is an option as well, albeit a poor one. Interactive buttons are always fun assuming they are balanced and are all bringing niche advantages.

thanks for the list @teddytous

i play an undead mage, the racial is doing about 2% of my total dmg, raiding in a guild with 6 hardmodes down (fyi)

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    They removed the dranai racial affecting groups in 5.0. Yet another racial alliance side nerfed. But yet horde racials still Rape the game. Blood elf racial on Heroic tslong Adds EZ. Blood elf racial on heroic chogall. EZ MODE. 8/13 bosses 5% bonus dmg for being horde Who cares. Blizzard needs to fucking quit there racism towards alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    ONE PATCH? are you new here? horde racials have corrupted this game for 3 expansions. bosses have enrage timers for everyone if blizz wants to add 5% hp to bosses for horde players I bet they would fucking throw a fit. so why shouldn't we when were put at a 5% disadvantage or need multiple silences in a 10 man when horde can just have 4-5 blood elfs.
    angriest ally i have ever seen....haha. "racism, corrupt, rape" IT'S A VIDEO GAME DUDE! You got three choices.

1. Switch to Horde
    2. Play a different game
    3. Enjoy playing the faction YOU picked and quit complaining

Deleted
    well i dont play a troll, and i dont care. im not in some top elite raiding guild, i dont care that much about a 5% increase. it would have to be a pretty impressive buff to get me to race change, i picked mine based on animations anyway.

well I dont remember everyone going pally for ICC, where every fucking thing and his mom were undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    well I dont remember everyone going pally for ICC, where every fucking thing and his mom were undead.
    You can't simply pay $25 and become an equally geared pally (nor play it equally well as your current main). Not to mention switching was an option available to the entire playerbase, not just 50%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does everyone think that the game needs to be fair? I'm kind of confused by this.

Quote Originally Posted by cakin View Post
    Why does everyone think that the game needs to be fair? I'm kind of confused by this.
    Why do football games start with a score of 0 - 0? I mean, a field goal is only 3 points. Starting 3 - 0 can't be THAT big of a deal right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimitsu View Post
    Why do football games start with a score of 0 - 0? I mean, a field goal is only 3 points. Starting 3 - 0 can't be THAT big of a deal right?
    That is a true statement and I can not argue the point about games starting at 0-0. However, everyone who plays the game starts with the boss at 100%. Everyone still has to stay alive with whatever means necessary. Why have 11 "unique" characters if they all "do" the same thing. Football is interesting because there are so many different positions and everyone has a role to play. I guess that's all I was trying to get at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimitsu View Post
    It's more as if one team has these expensive shoes that give better grip in the grass so they have the potential to run faster. The other team can always cash out and get the same benefit. Either way I think it's a pretty fucking stupid analogy to compare a billion dollar industry to a game with only a handful of sponsored guilds. The encounters won't be balanced around the premise that there are a number of trolls in the raid, the bosses will by all likelyhood be piss-easy for alliance as well. I really really don't see what the big deal is here, apart for the players in alliance guilds fighting for WF. Too bad none of the current alliance guilds at the top can compare to the top horde ones. For the progression race this won't matter one bit, and for the rest of the population it's just a silly debate. If you can't kill it without trolls, you are bad. The encounter isn't balanced around having trolls, it's balanced around half-decent playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a question, does it matter?

---EITHER way they're going to be killed, and if the pro's want to roll troll, let 'em roll troll.

Who remembers Nefarian 25 Druids?
    Howay the lads!

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Oh my. What a question you raise at the end there. How long can it take? There is untold potential for damage when code changes are made. Even minor code changes can have drastic effects in other areas. No code change is safe. Not a single one. 10 years in game design has proven that to me.
    Encapsulation. Use it.

Not surprised that they pander to horde. Horde QQ got darkflight nerfed just before launch, because the top guilds (all horde) were scared that there would be an advantage to being alliance.

5% absolutely huge. Silly.

Deleted
    I remember when only Ally had pallys and that was considered EZ mode due to kings.