Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is MoP worth getting?

Title. I haven't played since the end of Wrath, and from the videos that I watched over the months Cata really didn't impress me at all. However, I have absolutely nothing to play as of late, and I have a few friends that are still playing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it, others hate it, you're not going to get a solid opinion on here one way or the other.

Better question: What did you like doing in the game?
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Deleted
    It is. A really good expansion from the start, really enjoyable and so much more to do in the game. Cata wasn't that impressive as you stated but MoP is one off the better expansions, and with 5.2 in 2-4 weeks, Things are looking really really good.

Play and test it for yourself. Us telling you anything isn't going to help.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

MoP is the best expansion yet. The game has never been better. There's tons to do no matter what you're interested in, and it's all entirely accessible.

But then that's my personal opinion, and I'm sure someone's going to come in and go 'IT'S SHIT TBC ROOOLZ'. So y'know. Get the trial, try it out, see what you think. Or maybe get someone to send you a scroll of ressurection.

Deleted
    Some people love it. Others say they hate it.

See how this thread is doomed to fail?

If you have friends who play it, then give it a try, you might like it.
    Same shit with different textures, this time it's asia panda theme. If you got bored before, you will get bored now twice as fast.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Better question: What did you like doing in the game?
    Raiding and exploration for the most part. PvP was never my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Play and test it for yourself. Us telling you anything isn't going to help.
    I would very much rather not waste money on something that would end up being bad, especially as I don't have much money to waste these days.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 12:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    MoP is the best expansion yet. The game has never been better. There's tons to do no matter what you're interested in, and it's all entirely accessible.

But then that's my personal opinion, and I'm sure someone's going to come in and go 'IT'S SHIT TBC ROOOLZ'. So y'know. Get the trial, try it out, see what you think. Or maybe get someone to send you a scroll of ressurection.
    I just checked, scrolls aren't usable on someone from Romania apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    Raiding and exploration for the most part. PvP was never my thing.
    T14 is a very solid raiding tier (and T15 is looking good too), and Pandaria is huge with plenty of achievements for simply getting out in the world and exploring. Lots of little treasures to find, rares to kill, fun things to discover. Etc.

Sounds like MoP would work well for you.

Afaik there's a MoP trial up atm, go grab that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    T14 is a very solid raiding tier (and T15 is looking good too), and Pandaria is huge with plenty of achievements for simply getting out in the world and exploring. Lots of little treasures to find, rares to kill, fun things to discover. Etc.

Sounds like MoP would work well for you.
    Sounds good then. I'll keep that in mind.

I made a thread with the exact same subject a few months ago, and i ended up with starting again. Wow is in a very good mood right now. There is lots of things to do, both for the casual and the hardcore player. If u got friends, thats a big bonus, that was also the main reason why i startet again. Iv had lots of fun with them in raids, world pvp, azeroth chilling and stormwind raiding at the middle of the night.
    Eventho its lots of fun, u most likely will need to do dailys to get good gear in the start. It sucks in the start but after it goes so fast and smooth.

Do you like monotonous dailes required for endgame progression? if so MoP is for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavas View Post
    Afaik there's a MoP trial up atm, go grab that?
    This is true, but sadly it is only available to those with Cataclysm on their account, and the OP finished in Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HungryHippo View Post
    Do you like monotonous dailes required for endgame progression? if so MoP is for you.
    Yeah they're not a problem for me.

Funnily enough, I've been gearing up and enjoying end-game content, and my dailies have had nothing to do with it. Weird!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    This is true, but sadly it is only available to those with Cataclysm on their account, and the OP finished in Wrath.
    Actually I do have Cata on my account but I only spent about two weeks in it before deciding to quit, so for the sake of fairness I figured those didn't count. Is having everything up until Cata the only thing I need in order to have access to the trial?

BWahahah that's pretty funny. My guild did dailies for achievements and mounts, not for gear and they've already killed H Sha.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Then you were extremely luck on drops or found a guild willing to carry you despite your gear deficit

No do not get it. You said the last time you played was Wrath. Wrath was the peak of WoW subscriber wise. Going from Wrath to MoP would be a shock.