Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

How fast will the reputation gain on shado-pan assault be?

Hi Guys,

since they are reverting the change to convert valor to justice, one can theoretically go with 3k valor into 5.2.
    But I don't think that this will be useful, except for one situation: it would be possible to reach friendly within the first week.

you get a neck at neutral, and bracers, trinket and finger at friendly.
    neck = 1250, finger = 1250, bracers = 1250, trinket = 1750.
    all together 5500 valor points. I think neutral is possible quire instantly when 5.2 hits...

so let's say, you instantly buy the neck (=> 1750), you don't hit friendly the first week and get an additional 1k, so you have 2750 to spent
    so now it depends on when you hit friendly - if you hit it quite early (beginning of week 2), you have no problems to spend those VP, and honored also comes quite fast, then you have more items to buy than you can earn VP.
    but if you hit friendly towards the end of Week 2 (or even at the beginning of Week 3), you may waste VP in Week two, and you would be better off with buying some stuff from 5.0/.1 factions and go with less than 3k into 5.2.

so, is there any data on how fast the rep will go with the shadopan assault?

I think you can farm trash to Honored. I'm not 100% sure on this. You definitely cant grind it out completely with just trash runs.

After that you only get rep for killing bosses. And you only get rep from a boss once a week, regardless of difficulty. So you can't double dip on rep by running normal and LFR.

It's pretty much like Hydraxian Waterlords or Avengers of Hyjal.

edit...
    typo inregards to double dipping.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2013-02-13 at 09:14 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

It really would help to know if we can hit friendly in the first week. Have they not implemented rep gains on ptr yet?

Deleted
    I think i read in a blue that you can champion them in LFD and scenarios, as well as getting rep by completing work orders on farm.

Deleted
    Bashiok said that you just need to kill one boss to get friendly apparently. Can't post links buts it's still in the recent blue tracker atm.

I don't see anything in the blue tracker except Bashiok saying you can only get rep from killing bosses, not trash. And you cannot champion them in lfd.
    The question is how much do you get per boss?

Deleted
    I don't think the championing is available for the raid-rep faction - blue post seemed to clarify this today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
    I don't see anything in the blue tracker except Bashiok saying you can only get rep from killing bosses, not trash. And you cannot champion them in lfd.
    The question is how much do you get per boss?
    here is the link, replace the DOTs by dots (duh)
    blue DOT mmo-champion DOT com/topic/253725-52-update-you-can-keep-your-valor/#post58

Great thanks

For my LFR kill of jin'rokh I got 300 rep twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulbukh View Post
    here is the link, replace the DOTs by dots (duh)
    blue DOT mmo-champion DOT com/topic/253725-52-update-you-can-keep-your-valor/#post58
    He says "and getting to Friendly is (I believe) essentially just a single boss kill." Should we assume that's he right or wait for further info? It's tough because I want to upgrade another piece of gear. But if we're expecting the patch end of February I wouldn't go in with 3k valor. Tough call.

Link for ease.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-valor/#post58

They said you can get to friendly with trash, but after that you will only gain rep through bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also 5.2 won't be before the end of Feb, its atleast 3 weeks away, but I'd guess four. 13th of March is where I'd put my money.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

The difference between a fully upgraded heroic 509 (517 with 2/2) and a 522 valor piece is negligible, and in some cases the itemization may be worse. It's all about what you currently have vs. what is available through VP at Friendly rep. Look at the VP gear compared to what you're using and make the judgement that way

Deleted
    They said it requires only 1 boss kill to get to friendly, therefore one boss must give 3k rep. 42k is required for exalted, that's 14 boss kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Highly doubtful with 3k / Boss. You will only need 1 complete clear to reach exalted, basicaly. That can't be right.

He said, you will pretty much only need to kill one boss to reach friendly (if he recalls right) and ofc it ramps up after that. I doubt they have put sth into place where the first boss gives you 3k Rep until friendly and only 500 or so after friendly.

I guess it's more something along the lines of Trash + First Boss = 3k Rep = Friendly. Prolly with the Boss around 250-500 Faction. Trash gives rep till Friendly or Honored (more likely) and only bosses after that

Just my 2 Cents

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    Highly doubtful with 3k / Boss. You will only need 1 complete clear to reach exalted, basicaly. That can't be right.

He said, you will pretty much only need to kill one boss to reach friendly (if he recalls right) and ofc it ramps up after that. I doubt they have put sth into place where the first boss gives you 3k Rep until friendly and only 500 or so after friendly.

I guess it's more something along the lines of Trash + First Boss = 3k Rep = Friendly. Prolly with the Boss around 250-500 Faction. Trash gives rep till Friendly or Honored (more likely) and only bosses after that

Just my 2 Cents
    2500 rep worth of trash mobs would be quite alot of trash mobs. How much did a full trash clear at Shannox (without killing him) give?

As far as I understand it, trash only gives rep until 2999/3000 neutral. After that you have to kill a boss to get to friendly. LFR is 300 rep per boss. Has anyone gotten rep from regular or heroic kills? The little testing I've done didn't include any successful kills. I'm hoping heroic awards more than regular.

Trash up to 2999/3000 then a boss kill pushes you over the friendly mark at 300 each is interesting.

Real question is does re-running LFR give you rep each time? I would imagine no, but who knows this could be another way for people to grind rep.

How long is the trash grind from 0 to 2999, does anyone know? Would like to know if it would be best to grind some trash before going into the LFR to have the LFR push us over the friendly mark with a boss kill. There looks to be 4 valor pieces available at Friendly at I would like to plan how much Valor to Pool before the patch hits.

Neck at Neutral 1250
    Ring at Friendly - 1250
    Wrist at Friendly - 1250
    Trinket at Friendly - 1750

You can only get rep from each boss once a week in any difficulty. So if you clear 6/12 in normal, you can only get rep from the second half of LFR bosses.