Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibzombie View Post
    Kara was meant to have like 40 bosses and it got progressively harder, straight through to tier 6. It was meant to be the raid you did to kind of measure your progress.
    Never heard of this before, source?

They won't ban you. The reason they discourage exploring areas like this is to reduce ticket times because people tend to get stuck in them by falling through the world or the unstuck trick. Not sure if it still works (probably not) but, you used to be able to travel through some invisible walls by using the unstuck button feature, but you had to destroy your hearthstone or it would just hearth you. Both the unstuck trick and falling through the world result in people putting in GM tickets to save their character.

The only place they will ban you for going to is GM island.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YouAreAllWrong View Post
    Actually it is.
    There is nothing underneath Orgrimmar.
    KC is an actual place put into the client. If they didn't want people to go there, then they would just remove it.
    Eep you clearly don't understand much do ya, You're -not-supposed to go there, that's why there isn't a door you can walk in, Just because something's there doesn't mean it's for you to go to xD Some people:P

I doubt you will get in trouble, but it is likely, i know of people have that have been giving 3hrs for it, But personaly I've never had anything and I've been in alot of "forbidden" areas over the years=D

Probably if you persistently return and show other people how to do it. A bit of curiousity never got me banned though. I think I got a warning and a teleport out from underneath stormwind once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    It's just one of those easter egg things.
    You should really look up what an easter egg is inside a game, because that is -not- one of them, Blizzard don't make easter eggs you have to exploit to see -.-'

It is unlikely, but always possible.

I doubt that. I've been there many times, and I and my guild were even playing hide-and-seek in there, and nobody got banned.
    Actually, I even was on GM island once (without modifying client, just in-game methods like nitro boots), and still - no ban.
    So as long as you don't spam day and night "sell access to crypts for gold", you are ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Eep you clearly don't understand much do ya, You're -not-supposed to go there, that's why there isn't a door you can walk in, Just because something's there doesn't mean it's for you to go to xD Some people:P
    Really?...really?
    So they still keep Crypts in game because people are not suppose to go there?
    Crypts is not a bug that lets you kill people from inside a wall. Crypts is an Easter egg and they keep it in the game on purpose.

Deleted
    I've been there twice or so. I'm still alive.

No you won't be banned. The easiest way to get in there these days is using an offline macro anyway which is completely impossible to be banned for because you're...well..offline.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 07:38 AM ----------

You should really look up what an easter egg is inside a game, because that is -not- one of them, Blizzard don't make easter eggs you have to exploit to see -.-'
    WKM room really begs to differ IMO.

Deleted
    I dont know if this helps but ive been in places i shouldnt be in back in the days. I used to find a mountain wall where i could spam jump until i succeeded climbing a bit. Then i spammed jump button for the next step and continued until i "bugged" myself up and explored the place. i found lots of weird stuffs and ive been chatting with GMs while going on a trip and i didnt get banned for it.

I also went to Gilneas but a GM told me thats not a place i should be in because propably if you abuse the release system to get to a place you might get hurt but idk. I havent been in that place yet but ive heard you need to use the help system to get there? If you dont have to use it and just do it yourself normally i dont think you can get banned for it, that would be silly.

Deleted
    As long as you don't do it to gain some benefit for it, they most certainly won't ban you.

10+ Year Old Account
    No really tell me what an easter egg is. Please. I need to be taught teacher.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

It's a bit unlikely, I've never gotten in trouble for it/known anyone else to.. even if you get caught it'd probably be a warning.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Deleted
    Funny story - this one time I was jumping in ZG to try get underneath it to fly to Karazhan, just as I got into the "underground altar" bit a GM appeared and was all like
    "Greetings! Not doing anything suspicious I hope?"
    Insta reaction? Fuck, I'm suspended. May as well tell the truth.
    "Just going to go look at the Karazhan Crypts, saw a video of it on YouTube, looks interesting."
    "Hmm, I see. Well, we can't have that, sorry."
    Boom, teleported out. Nothing else was said.
    Never tried going there again.

People have been in there before and nothing bad happened to them. As long as you don't hack they could care less.

Also, to the people saying "why is it in there if you're not supposed to be there"... It's there because it was going to be apart of the game. You don't go back in and recode the game to take out something so small. It would be a waste in resources to take it out, and they might actually want to revisit it someday in the future.

The first time I heard about Kara Crypts I went down there, I couldn't help myself.... I had to see it on a live server lol. Hell I even summoned a guildie down with me. I never got banned

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    People have been in there before and nothing bad happened to them. As long as you don't hack they could care less.

Also, to the people saying "why is it in there if you're not supposed to be there"... It's there because it was going to be apart of the game. You don't go back in and recode the game to take out something so small. It would be a waste in resources to take it out, and they might actually want to revisit it someday in the future.
    At least someone knows why it's still there, People who claim it's an easter egg and you're supposed to exploit to get into it are more deluded than i thought lol
    But as alot of people have said, Blizz are very lenient as long as you're not doing anything too dodgy, or gaining an upper hand over someone else

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post

You don't have to recode the game in order to remove assets. Also they did revamp the whole Azeroth back in Cata yet they didn't take Kara Crypts out. Again, they are keeping Crypts on purpose.

I've been to old Outland through the old deadmines by abusing the priest levitate bug.
    I abused same bug to go above orgrimmar before cata.
    I've been in the crypts before (love the place) using a bug where mounting and jumping at the same time would force you through walls so you could fly underground.
    Same thing made it possible to get in next to the ah goblins in orgrimmar.
    I've been in old Gilneas before cata (there were nothing. A big flat area....)
    Tried to get into Hyjal before cata but you'd get kicked out :P
    I were in uninstanced version of ZG pre cata re-release for the luls of it.

I'm sure i've been loads of other place but these are the things i cant remember right at this moment.

This is the kind of things that adds flavour to the game once you're able to say been there, done that to most things.

Still have yet to recieve a ban or a warning.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ