Thread: State of MM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    while progressing at the highest level is fun for some, some would also like the option to play what they enjoy playing while being in a top 100 guild.

Personally for me i like how BM played but in 5.2 with t15 and a nature damage based meta em SV will be the best spec in all areas single target and AoE, i dislike SV but i will have to play it to stay part of the roster in my guild. This is a game and people should be able to play what they want and still compete for world and server firsts.

the excuse of MM had its time, is simply that and excuse. Its the poor dev staff at blizzard either being bad at their job or lazy to the point where they simply don't care to balance the game properly. It is just bad management to allow certin spec for any class to be "useless" for high end raiding. ust like it was pure laziness on the devs part to have things like mechanical buffs not work the same for all classes.
    I could not have said it better myself.
    I wish i could get in contact with some of the idiots in the dev team (like ghostcrawler) and get some kind of reason to why they after 8 years still suck ass at balancing the specs in pve.
    It does not require i genius to do this.

If only we had the same treatment as the other pet class, warlock.
    3 different specs, that have different flavors, with different resource managements and different cooldowns.
    And a talent that makes them petless.
    Nothing like hunter, with a focus-gain cast shot, a 6-9 secs cd shot, a focus dump shot a a dot(2 in sv). And that is it, for all 3 specs.
    Last edited by WarBringerPT; 2013-02-12 at 04:47 AM.

If you're doing 90k as SV and 70k as MM it's definitely a learn to play issue. Clearly you're just not playing MM properly so it is stupid for you to say "MM is bad because I can't faceroll without any idea what I'm doing and do same DPS as my main spec"

MM isn't that far behind of SV on single-target fights as people claim it to be. Like I said before, all they have to do to make MM attractive is just give it some kind of cleave, IMO. For me that would be good enough reason to actually learn MM and switch to it during the raid for particular boss fights.

Quote Originally Posted by GlowingInTheDark View Post
    MM isn't that far behind of SV on single-target fights as people claim it to be. Like I said before, all they have to do to make MM attractive is just give it some kind of cleave, IMO. For me that would be good enough reason to actually learn MM and switch to it during the raid for particular boss fights.
    All MM really needs is a Focus reduction on Aimed Shot so the Careful Aim phase doesn't suck so badly with Focus capping.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    All MM really needs is a Focus reduction on Aimed Shot so the Careful Aim phase doesn't suck so badly with Focus capping.
    And then what will happen? With this change MM will either:
    1. Become better than the best 5.2 spec => people will have to switch to MM.
    2. Stay lower than the best 5.2 spec => people will still avoid playing MM.
    3. Will be exactly as good as the best 5.2 spec => we all know it's not going to happen to any spec in WoW ever, period.

My point is that trying to make all specs equally good is doomed to be a failure, because they're either ineffective or spawn new FOTM's.

A better approach would be to give each spec its definitive feature, thus making them all kinda 'the best' for specific fights and not so good for the rest. I personally would ABSOLUTELY love to switch between all 3 specs during a raid instead of being pigeonholed into using just one for boss fights and another for trash.

And then what will happen? With this change MM will either:
    1. Become better than the best 5.2 spec => people will have to switch to MM.
    2. Stay lower than the best 5.2 spec => people will still avoid playing MM.
    3. Will be exactly as good as the best 5.2 spec => we all know it's not going to happen to any spec in WoW ever, period.

My point is that trying to make all specs equally good is doomed to be a failure, because they're either ineffective or spawn new FOTM's.

A better approach would be to give each spec its definitive feature, thus making them all kinda 'the best' for specific fights and not so good for the rest. I personally would ABSOLUTELY love to switch between all 3 specs during a raid instead of being pigeonholed into using just one for boss fights and another for trash.
    Tailor making every spec to one niche is stupid until they put in Tri-spec or you'll have everyone hearthing out to change spec for bosses.

The reason Aimed Shot NEEDS a Focus cost reduction is because the Careful Aim phase is where the Marksman spec is meant to shine, but due to Aimed Shot costing 50% of our Focus pool it sucks badly for Focus capping and our "burst phase" can't get anywhere near beating BM opening damage.

What is currently happening with the Marksman Careful Aim phase is like if you made Execute cost 70 rage for Warriors, it would be impossible to use them during CSmash because the cost is screwed up.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-02-12 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Tailor making every spec to one niche is stupid until they put in Tri-spec or you'll have everyone hearthing out to change spec for bosses.
    *shrug* That's just your opinion.
    Our priest reforges every time he switches between Disc and Shadow during the raid, so I personally see no problems with that.

Main issue hunter is one of the most played class, until 3mill hunters decide to stop playing their hunter for 6months + they wont put to much effort in it.
    Also since BM is the best PvP specc it's a hard nut to crack since if u wanna go MM u have to re gem re enchant re reforge aka redo everything... get gear with less mastery blablablaa such a huuge job.

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Deleted
    *shrug* That's just your opinion.
    Our priest reforges every time he switches between Disc and Shadow during the raid, so I personally see no problems with that.
    Those are two completely different roles, we only have 3 DPS specs.
    I personally hearthed after almost every single boss in Dragon Soul on my Rogue because I was using all three specs. It wasn't fun, it sucked absolute balls. But I cared too much about my DPS not to. The amount of gold I spend on reforging, respeccing and regemming is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    Main issue hunter is one of the most played class, until 3mill hunters decide to stop playing their hunter for 6months + they wont put to much effort in it.
    Also since BM is the best PvP specc it's a hard nut to crack since if u wanna go MM u have to re gem re enchant re reforge aka redo everything... get gear with less mastery blablablaa such a huuge job.
    actaully hunters are one of the smallest pops when it comes to PvP and raiding now at higher end levels. Paladins and druids still both have that crown.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Those are two completely different roles, we only have 3 DPS specs.
    I personally hearthed after almost every single boss in Dragon Soul on my Rogue because I was using all three specs. It wasn't fun, it sucked absolute balls. But I cared too much about my DPS not to. The amount of gold I spend on reforging, respeccing and regemming is insane.
    Like I said, it's all about personal preferences. Also, as far as I know, currently all hunter specs prefer maxing crit (with MM trying to achieve one of the haste plateus before going for crit, but that's no big deal), so you don't have to reforge/regem every time you change your spec as a hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apologize if this is buried in this thread. Stuck in traffic.

Have we seen actual hard numbers from the PTR. I assume the gap closed but what's the numbers.

Still?
    BM
    SV 2k behind
    MM 4-5k

Quote Originally Posted by Gimleaf View Post
    Apologize if this is buried in this thread. Stuck in traffic.

Have we seen actual hard numbers from the PTR. I assume the gap closed but what's the numbers.

Still?
    BM
    SV 2k behind
    MM 4-5k
    marks is farther behind then that, and SV will most likely eclipse BM once the 4pc t14 is broken.