Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Like..there was NOTHING good about Cata? Not one feature? Oh well...fair enough I guess, hyperbole goes in any direction.
    We wouldn't have Transmog if not for Cata, and look at how much it's used.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Look at the thread "worst expansion".

Cata is pretty far ahead of everything. I'm not saying this is representative but I don't think Cata is very well liked.

Quote Originally Posted by gend View Post
    Look at the thread "worst expansion".

Cata is pretty far ahead of everything. I'm not saying this is representative but I don't think Cata is very well liked.
    MoP also has almost twice as many votes as its nearest competition.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Like..there was NOTHING good about Cata? Not one feature?
    Well... the quest texts had many correctly spelled words. That's something, at least.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    What? When I got my alts to 397 it felt good knowing that I had basically capped out normal mode through steady progress week after week. It was a sense of achievement.

When you get an alt to 490 it's a badge that says "I successfully sat through 100 hours of busywork".
    As an average raider, DS was no where near as difficult as T14 raids. DS was like LFR, a freakin joke. It wasnt hard to get alts to 397 at all. VP gear pretty much covered every slot. Running Heroics offered more VP and you can quickly cap and gear everytoon in a matter of weeks. If you consider that work, then frankly, you dont know what work is.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    We wouldn't have Transmog if not for Cata, and look at how much it's used.
    Transmog, LFR, CRZ, old world flying, Cross-realm raiding and grouping / queuing - probably some more that I'm forgetting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played warrior and I mainly PvP.

So Cata can go f*ck itself, lol.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    MoP also has almost twice as many votes as its nearest competition.
    Mists of dailygrindaria.

Anyhow, Cata did suck pretty bad. The only thing keeping MoP from sucking as much is the great raid tier we've had, and I hope the next tier is just as good.

It still remains to be see whether MoP is better than cata or not. Cataclysm tier 11 was great, and not as much as tier 14. It was when tier 13 and Dragon Soul came out things really started to go down. It looks like tier 15 in MoP is going to be lots of fun. But MoP might turn into a disappointment if tier 16, Siege of Orgrimmar is handled as poorly as Dragon Soul was.

Quote Originally Posted by Stede View Post
    Transmog, LFR, CRZ, old world flying, Cross-realm raiding and grouping / queuing - probably some more that I'm forgetting.
    Yeah.

I guess Dragon Soul is what clouds peoples' judgment when it comes to Cata.

Same with the decision to make 5.1 the ZG and ZA remake instead of doing the Abyssal Maw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like Cataclysm from 4.0-4.1. I liked the challenging content (before the nerfs from people whining).

4.2 was actually pretty cool, but I stopped playing since Firelands. I guess everyone just hated Deathwing...good thing I never had to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Ehm.... did you even see this thread?:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...orst-Expansion

Cata is far from good, and is still considered the worst expansion by miles.
    It never occured to you that most of those voting likely only ever started in Cata, so if they disliked it more than MoP - which hasn't had the chance to sour enough yet, they only had the one option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    Yeah, Sinestra and heroic Rag practically just fell over... Though I doubt you know anything about that, otherwise that would be in your memories, not the "free epics".

Funnily enough, the huge nerfs and free gear happened because people didn't like having to raid to progress their gear, nor excessively difficult bosses. Then MoP comes around and Blizzard show they've learned nothing from the previous expansion, and try to tell everyone how they should want to play again. Of course people will be upset already.
    Didnt realize the 3% of players, who seen Sinestra and HRags(when current), made up the whole WoW community.
    Comparing 2 bosses to an entire expansion...LOL GG sir.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Rose-tinted glasses sure do wonders, don't they? Hurry up and pump out that next expansion Blizzard so we can hear about how great Mists of Pandaria was and at least there was always something to do with all those dailies they shoved in your face!
    The difference between Cataclysm and MoP is that Cataclysm was far more complained about than it was complimented. The sheer amount of people defending this expac and stating they love it is undeniably higher than it ever was in Cataclysm.

Opinions are opinions, but MoP's having a lot more success than Cata was simply because of the amount of content we were given. Then, on top of the oodles of content, a lot of people really, really enjoy the artwork, atmosphere and music. It's not everyone's favorite flavor, but it does seem to be getting quite the positive response overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    I played warrior and I mainly PvP.

So Cata can go f*ck itself, lol.
    Dont log in for 5.2! Its Cata all over again.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Cata end game was not good. I remember maxxing out the starter reps in the first few weeks (senior collage finals, graduation, holidays). Then saying well, might get to farming herbs for raid cauldrons. The first tier was interesting as well the second aside from rhyolith. Dragon soul I remember my group going in and one shotting the first three bosses. Didn't do the fourth since we ran out of raid time that night.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    It never occured to you that most of those voting likely only ever started in Cata, so if they disliked it more than MoP - which hasn't had the chance to sour enough yet, they only had the one option.
    I started in TBC, and I voted for Cataclysm the second I opened the page and read the poll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    I'm seeing a lot of "Pandaria is boring, at least Cata had XYZ" popping up
    Well, to be honest Cataclysm did keep me interested until lvl 85. In MoP I'm already getting bored at 87, the zones and lore just don't do it for me.

Also, Deathwing was my favourite villain of Warcraft. Twilight's Hammer Clan was what I roleplayed my Orc Warlock as belonging to.
    I loved to see the return of an old Horde veteran: Cho'gall. The theme just fit me perfectly, so interacting with these factions while leveling kept me interested.

What made Cataclysm bad though was Uldum being a horribly boring zone (and I actually liked old Desolace so go figure), and this boring zone had 3! instances while Twilight Highlands had none apart from the raid. The rehash of Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman wasn't exciting at all. Firelands should've had a normal dungeon for the people who don't raid imo. And Abyssal Maw missing is no excuse, they left us at a cliffhanger. And finally, I find the finale of Deathwing horribly lacking in terms of lore.

Cataclysm could've been good if they just released 4.1 as Firelands with a raid and a normal dungeon or two. Then 4.2 being Abyssal Maw raid and dungeon. And if they handled the Deathwing raid a little better. Edit: Oh and of course move some normal dungeons from Uldum to Twilight Highlands. The main enemy was the Twilight's Hammer & Black Dragonflight, not some cat people.

As for MoP, the asian theme and lore just don't interest me one bit. It's too alienating for me. Jade Forest was okay-ish, but Valley of the Four Winds is totally boring. Even worse the Uldum, who would've thought that possible. I'm struggling to find the will to keep playing because it just doesn't interest me at all. And although Blizzard has stated that they think they've made mistakes with Cataclysm and that it lacked content, I'm not seeing improvements in MoP. They make the same mistake as with Cataclysm, they only release 2 raid patches and some filler.

So why should I rate MoP above Cataclysm? It appears to have the same shortcomings, but at least most of Cataclysm's lore interested me.
    For me it has nothing to do with nostalgia. But perhaps I'm the exception to the rule.
    Last edited by mmoceb1605b3cd; 2013-02-13 at 04:43 PM.

Deleted
    I played a lot during Cata and I can say this. The first 6 months of the expansion were awesome! Hard Heroic dungeons, a very nice raid tier with a lot of imagination in battles (Nefarian and Al'akir) and there was a feeling that we were going back to a TBC style expansion. Then they blew it all....

No, Cataclysm will never be good. MoP is 10 times better than Cataclysm ever will be.