Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    They're in the trash bin along with wolvar
    How dare you! The second Wolvar become playable with Kekek as their Leader I will race change so fast it'll crash Blizzard's servers.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    How dare you! The second Wolvar become playable with Kekek as their Leader I will race change so fast it'll crash Blizzard's servers.
    You want to play a race led by someone named "Lolol" in Orcish?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    At least their models look better than worgens???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Why not? Garrosh has started to mean "Lolol" in everything BUT orcish.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I don't think anyone cares really. The whole theme of uldum was a mess. A race of cat mutants who are meant to be an ancient race of titan made guardians cursed with the curse of flesh.. and nothing else from it.
    They seemed a generic, boring race tbh. I would have so much more preferred if al'akir had made his presence known across the zone, as an elemental lord following deathwing, him appearing much like ragnaros did in hyjal, it would have been SO much better then indiana jones and the rejected thundercats.
    They didn't even get voiceovers, and the enemy Tol'vir shared the same loot as the Naga mobs in Vashj'ir... I'm sure Blizzard had a plan at one point, but they totally either forgot or abandoned it... But then again that was the overall team for Cataclysm; "I'VE GOT A BRILLIANT IDEA!.... Oh wait, I forgot it - Ooh look trolls!".

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Uldum was a terrible zone. I'm all for forgetting everything about it but this isn't the first time Blizzard have done this. A new race or two is introduced every expansion. They turn up, have us fix most of their problems and then never show up again. It happened with the Frostborn and Taunka in Northrend and now it has happened to the Ramkahen. I'd be surprised if we ever see the Wildhammer dwarves or the Dragonmaw orcs again either.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

Ramkahen have gone through quite a lot, and with our aid have managed to defeat a lot of their foes. Threats still remain, but their situation has improved rapidly. I suspect we may see them again in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I truly feel if I'm the only one that liked the Indiana Jones adventure that was Uldum. Seeing Harrison Jones return in Grizzly Hills after his "death" in Zul'aman, then as an Archaelogy Trainer (his day job!) in Stormwind, and then finally in Uldum was just.. heck, I don't know. Fun.

I had fun.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vesker View Post
    Uldum was a terrible zone. I'm all for forgetting everything about it but this isn't the first time Blizzard have done this. A new race or two is introduced every expansion. They turn up, have us fix most of their problems and then never show up again. It happened with the Frostborn and Taunka in Northrend and now it has happened to the Ramkahen. I'd be surprised if we ever see the Wildhammer dwarves or the Dragonmaw orcs again either.
    Tragic thing is, Blizz will get away with it because the average dudebro liked the Indiana Jones questline :\
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Tragic thing is, Blizz will get away with it because the average dudebro liked the Indiana Jones questline :\
    Actually, the Indiana Jones questline got pretty boring*.

Gnomebliteration, on the other hand .... MAKE IT A DAILY BLIZZARD!!!!!!!

*Until Brann shows up
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Sometimes I truly feel if I'm the only one that liked the Indiana Jones adventure that was Uldum. Seeing Harrison Jones return in Grizzly Hills after his "death" in Zul'aman, then as an Archaelogy Trainer (his day job!) in Stormwind, and then finally in Uldum was just.. heck, I don't know. Fun.

I had fun.
    It wasn't bad, it was just too all-encompassing. A short story-line would've been fine, but it took up half the zone.

As was mentioned earlier, I'd much rather have spent that time fighting directly with Al'Akir and his forces and figuring out the Windlord's motivations for dealing with the Old Gods, figure out what was going on with the Curse of Flesh and the tol'vir, explored more titan information regarding their battles with the Old Gods and the construction of the facilities in Uldum, etc.

The Tol'vir are defined by their setting. They are Titanic constructs charged with guarding Uldum, and they take that seriously enough to not wander off and do whatever. In battleground parlance, they fight on the flag. Same deal with Ogri'la, the Oracles, and most other factions which consider themselves guardians of sacred ground, or whose homes are under constant threat of attack, like the Deepholm Earthen. Some, like the Taunka and the Frost Dwarves, are members of their respective factions but remain in their homelands as the primary fighting force of said faction. This is common historically among colonial powers. The vast majority of British India's fighting force was composed of Indians, while on the actual British Isles they weren't all that common.

There are races which do poorly outside their native climates, like the Tuskarr. There are races who don't really give a swut about either the Alliance or the Horde if they aren't being directly affected by them, like the Arrakoa and the Wolvar. There's races who are doing plenty, just in places we don't see, such as the Naga and the Vrykul. There are ones that are just plain too weak to venture out into the world full of sharp nasty teeth, such as the Sporelings. And there's the Ethereals, who are filling the role goblins used to fill before they got promoted to playable.

Of course, any of these could take up a life of adventuring or tagging along with the Alliance or Horde, and many do. But personally, when I see one or more of them out of his element, I'd prefer for it to be for some reason that serves the narrative, and not because Blizzard decided to go for a case of fantastical affirmative action and toss every bit of the IP into one place for the hell of it. Having different peoples in different places makes the world feel bigger.
    Last edited by Drilnos; 2013-02-13 at 05:22 PM.

They should join the Horde imo.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post

I had fun.

youre definately not the only one, i enjoyed the zone, i thought it was a lot better than vashjir and twilight highlands. after deepholm it was probably my second favorite zone, although i thought hyjal was good too.

that being said, they did go just a little too far with the whole egypt, indiana jones references. i mean the first couple quests it was ok but like blizzard they overdo just about everything and by the end of the zone it wasnt as funny but still enjoyable

Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    They should join the Horde imo.
    Really? I was thinking the whole Cat vibe made them fit in with the Nelves better.
    Twas brillig

Deleted
    All those years looking at those big doors and wondering what could be lying behind them and we get cat people and Harrison Jones. At least when Lost finally opened the hatch they tempered the disappointment by having a Glaswegian there.

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    All those years looking at those big doors and wondering what could be lying behind them and we get cat people and Harrison Jones. At least when Lost finally opened the hatch they tempered the disappointment by having a Glaswegian there.
    Yeah, bothered me that those big doors were actually a collapsed dead end and you had to go through that stupid cactus valley to actually get in there. :\

Place was supposed to have some reliquary things too but that got cut in favor of Schnotzz.
    Twas brillig

I don't know about having a huge involvement but it would be cool to have a couple of them just wandering around the capital cities maybe, especially for newbies to wonder what they are.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I don't know about having a huge involvement but it would be cool to have a couple of them just wandering around the capital cities maybe, especially for newbies to wonder what they are.
    Agreed, I really think more integration among all the races would be really cool.

I want Sporelings to be the "ghouls" of the Forsaken @.@
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Agreed, I really think more integration among all the races would be really cool.

I want Sporelings to be the "ghouls" of the Forsaken @.@
    Or a few confused Tuskar, wandering round the city with a map of Stormwind asking for directions.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!