Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Transmog Legendaries

I understand Blizzard's reasoning for restricting legendary xmog, but what if they added some restrictions to ensure you don't see HoR and TF's everywhere.

Some ideas off the top of my head:

1. You need to be exalted with the rep from where the legendary comes from (ex. Hydraxian Waterlords for MC legendaries, etc.) Retracted

2. Add an unlock feature where you have to pay a certain amount of gold to be able to xmog legendaries - make it like 10,000 or 25,000g so it's not "easily" obtainable. As we saw with the Shattered Sun title, it's a gold sink for purely cosmetic reasons.

Legendaries are definitely easier to farm now, but they still take weeks (if not months) of farming and in some cases a few friends to farm raids with. I don't think they're necessarily easy to farm and take some dedication so I don't see why legendary xmogs should be limited forever.
    Last edited by pld; 2013-02-13 at 06:52 PM.

There is no rep in Naxx.
    There is no rep in sunwell.
    There is no rep in Ulduar.
    There is no rep in Dragon Soul.

So that rule of yours cant be universally apllied.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

The rep thing wouldn't work, but I think a huge gold cost for doing a legendary transmog would be awesome. It would be a good gold sink and one well worth it that people would definitely pay for.

Derp. You're right. I was just thinking about Hand of Rag and TF.

It could be a quest chain of some sorts I suppose - a la FotF.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    There is no rep in Naxx.

Argent Dawn (not the Crusade since Dawn was related to original Naxx)
    Shattered Sun Offensive
    Sons of Hodir (?)
    Ravenholdt (not Wyrmrest since they aren't involved really with Fangs of the Father)

Still not a great idea though.

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    I understand Blizzard's reasoning for restricting legendary xmog, but what if they added some restrictions to ensure you don't see HoR and TF's everywhere.

Legendaries are definitely easier to farm now, but they still take weeks (if not months) of farming and in some cases a few friends to farm raids with. I don't think they're necessarily easy to farm and take some dedication so I don't see why legendary xmogs should be limited forever.
    Personally I have been playing wow since 2004, and in all those years only saw 1 person EVER with a legendary equipped (a rogue), and it was VERY obvious it was legendary.. he walked slowly through the AH, and EVERY toon turned to look at him, and he KNEW he was strutting..

Anyway, Legendary are just that.. unique, not comparison, and unmistakable. Don't want to further confuse the issue by allowing Legendary transmog. If you want to EARN the right to HAVE a Legendary item (for looks) you must USE a legendary item, and not be able to create an imitation product.

I agree with Blizzard limitation, you should not be able to reduce legendary (even older ones) to a COPY, that's just WRONG

I do not want Legendaries for this very reason; everyone will be running around with glaives, thunderfury, hand of rag, etc... and leave the other models (new ones too) in the dust. Legendaries will be less than a legendary.

If anything they should create a legendary that updates old ones (as in upgrades the item).

I hope they allow people to transmog legendaries at some point, I don't really see a reason not too. If they were so cool that everyone who had one wanted to show it off, everyone would be running around SW/Org wearing them for show. I rarely ever see them, so I don't think suddenly every single person would have one. Most legendaries aren't even that great, collecting varies shards/essenses or just getting the item to drop really isn't about work or skill, its just a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Naxx had a legendary? Oh, guess Atiesh counts.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Argent Dawn (not the Crusade since Dawn was related to original Naxx)
    Shattered Sun Offensive
    Sons of Hodir (?)
    Ravenholdt (not Wyrmrest since they aren't involved really with Fangs of the Father)

Still not a great idea though.
    I was with you there until you said Ravenholdt. That would just be terrible. But yeah, I don't think that idea would work well.

The gold idea however, would work. We won't see a million Thunderfurys right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Naxx had a legendary? Oh, guess Atiesh counts.
    Original naxx had Atiesh. http://www.wowhead.com/item=22589 - Mage version

I just wish they'd let us transmog the epic components of the legendaries... they aren't orange, why can't we?

I always assumed the largest reason blizz had would be dual wielding. Nothing would kill the value of a legendary like dual wielding it, 2 shadowmournes on a warrior?
    My ideal solution was to make a bullshitty lore excuse like "oh shit, dis item be too powahful to transmog, we gunna need to put this in storage under a ley line or some shit like that to keep the image under control" and then confiscate it so it can't be used on anything else

As far as keeping rarity up, I only just got shadowmourne last week after working on it solo since progressing in ICC, now that I have it, the fact that I can't wield it is just depressing. It take AGES of farming to get ONE legendary, not every character has it sitting in their bags awaiting the day when its available for transmog, and the people that do deserve the epeen enlargement

A legendary is less about the item itself and more about the journey getting there (unless it is an RNG Legendary). Even so, I do not want to see the day that people are running around with them, I just don't. My Priest has Val in his bag, and I pull it out every once in a while, but I don't want to transmog it, legendaries shouldn't be transmogable.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is no rep in Naxx.
    Let's make it with the Classic Argent Down, it kind of fits in.

Ewh, sorry? you see must have missed the most fun of this games WPVP ever Shattered Sun Offensive would definitely be the faction to be exalted with.

Argent Tournament exalted could fit in.

Hmm the question is, who cares about DS? Let's make it all Cata factions as exalted, takes less than a month anyways...

I believe my fix could do it!
    Last edited by shise; 2013-02-13 at 08:00 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We'll see transmoggable legendaries eventually. At this point the image of the old ones has already been pretty tarnished since everyone can get TF/HoR with a little luck. It doesn't make any difference if they're running around with them displayed or not. Honestly I had a thunderfury in Vanilla, I was pretty lucky, and I used that silly thing all the way until they nerfed the proc at level 70 so that people would use level 70 weapons instead. At this point it's completely useless to have it because there is no reason to use it and you can't transmog it. Getting a legendary now is a bland experience, and I'm sure that eventually Blizzard will ease up the transmog restrictions on it. If not those models will just go to waste, there is no prestige to them anymore, and current models will still rot while people run around with older models because to a lot of people the older models are just better.

In time I'm sure blizzard will allow it. Of course seeing how it is still not even possible to turn off the fucking enchant glows it could literally take years.

I see no reason to not let you transmog legendaries other than protecting some people's egos. Personally if "everyone" had the legendaries transmog it would just be more stylish weapons hanging around. I would love to use shadowmourne(just a few shards away) and maybe the hand of rag that just chills out in my bag, but probably not since I have the firelands hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    In time I'm sure blizzard will allow it. Of course seeing how it is still not even possible to turn off the fucking enchant glows it could literally take years.
    THIS. I loved how pointless it was having the rogue legendaries look cool when they just looked a big swirld mess when enchant was on them.

because there are squashed down there are few enchants that look good on daggers. PLS Bliz implement this!!

On topic, I'm just VERY worried of seeing Glaives on practically every DK, Rogue, Warrior, Monk running round everywhere. I just really think it could very easily make them a running joke quick... which is bad for a "legendary".

Maybe a 5k per transmog for legendaries or something, so people only do it in BiS or if they're loaded might bring down overuse a little bit.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

only let people who obtained the items when they were relevant transmog them. Wont see thousands of people running around with TF but lets the people who actually got them show it off
    Last edited by Komics; 2013-02-13 at 09:11 PM.