Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

5.2 pvp looking better

Been playing on the PTR for some time now, and its really looking nice. Hope most of the things goes live as it is now.

Also, I love how they made dks non-trainable, and also made Unholy really viable. Finally I can enjoy playing unholy DK again, and not being forced to play frostrolfkeyboardsbash

Deleted
    I also believe PvP will be more balanced come 5.2! Not only because of the buffs to shitty classes, but because of nerfs to overpowered damage and control!

Woopwoop

yes gonna be fun to get 2 shtted by rogues with out a trinket there buffing rogue damage which wasn't needed but not fixing there defensiveness which was needed

There is a lot of good changes, and they've listened to feedback a lot but I'm worried about Rogue burst and Hunter burst now Powershot is 100% reliable.

I guess we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by hellcat1991 View Post
    yes gonna be fun to get 2 shtted by rogues with out a trinket there buffing rogue damage which wasn't needed but not fixing there defensiveness which was needed
    Please point out where you see rogue damage being buffed. All they did was put prep baseline

Quote Originally Posted by Glockoma View Post
    Please point out where you see rogue damage being buffed. All they did was put prep baseline
    I think what he is really meaning to say is that any comp you would bring a rogue to was eclipsed by a warrior, but with the warrior nerfs they are on par again. Rogue damage has been strong all along, there was just no reason to bring them over a 24 second AoE stun, 1 minute aoe fear, 1 minute disarm, 5 minute 40% damage reduction, 30 second immunity to fear/disorient, 2 minute mini shieldwall/100% parry, 25 second spell reflection, 30 second friendly shadowstep, bubble/block breaker, 3 minute group last stand, 3 minute 10% damage reduction, 3 minute 20% crit increase, 30 second leap, 3% health below 35% with no cost, 25% damage reduction all the time, etc.

Wow, when you list most of it out it seems like how the f*ck did blizzard ever let that out of beta. Anyway, rogue damage has been fine they just have the same control as warriors but would fall over if you breathed on them so why take a squishy rogue when you can take an invincible warrior and have more damage and the same control as a rogue?

I like that they've tried to balance it out by nerfing/taking away tools from the stronger speccs instead of just buffing the weaker ones. Cuts down on the arms race, good change.

Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    Been playing on the PTR for some time now, and its really looking nice. Hope most of the things goes live as it is now.

Also, I love how they made dks non-trainable, and also made Unholy really viable. Finally I can enjoy playing unholy DK again, and not being forced to play frostrolfkeyboardsbash
    this may be dumb of me lol, but i have yet to see the changes for UH dk's, could someone link them or tell me where to find them?

Quote Originally Posted by Zendist View Post
    I also believe PvP will be more balanced come 5.2! Not only because of the buffs to shitty classes, but because of nerfs to overpowered damage and control!

Woopwoop
    They're replacing the overpowered classes with the classes that used to be underpowered. The game isn't changing at all. Expect to see rogues and uh dks to replace warriors in most comps. Not because warriors will be ridiculously weak, but because rogues and uh dks will be absurdly overpowered.

The mage nerfs all got reverted. And they got more mobility than ever.

Burst in 5.2 in full tyrannical gladiator gear for every class is equivalent to 5.0 hunter stampede burst.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    They're replacing the overpowered classes with the classes that used to be underpowered. The game isn't changing at all. Expect to see rogues and uh dks to replace warriors in most comps. Not because warriors will be ridiculously weak, but because rogues and uh dks will be absurdly overpowered.

Burst in 5.2 in full tyrannical gladiator gear for every class is equivalent to 5.0 hunter stampede burst.
    agree with alot of your points except the last one..i dont feel like the burst is THAT crazy on PTR, definitely manageable - stampede 5.0 was not.

some good changes..some strange ones. buffing spriest MB damage is wtf. they're going to be really strong again but at least they can die.

Deleted
    Not sure where you are getting this from OP.
    Healers survivability will stay the same, arenas will still to an extent be about popping shit and shit dies or waiting for cds again
    Only thing that will change that is significant is warriors stunlocking with shockwave

I heard that oneshotting burst rush is worse than current state. Why am I hearing exactly opposite thing

tuning down monks is out of the question for the devs atm
    but rogue burst in pvp making it live gonna be a complete joke.

when u see a rogue dancing something is gonna die just like the good ol cata days

Deleted
    Moonkin who gets a buff tells us how awesome the new patch is going to be. You are one of the last classes to need a higher damage output in PvP by a large margin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterSGT View Post
    this may be dumb of me lol, but i have yet to see the changes for UH dk's, could someone link them or tell me where to find them?
    - Gargoyle no longe req the 60 runic power, which is an insanely nice buff.

- Plague Strike put both disceases on the target (Frost Feaver and Blood Plague)

- Conversion now costs 5 Runic Power per second, and heals you for 3% of your health every second. Something i've found REALLY nice on the PTR, as we get runic power from being slowed, your runic power never runs out when getting trained, which means your 3% heals every second never runs out either.

- Strangulate is on a 1 min CD instead of 2 min CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post

Have you seen any PTR PvP, rogues drop in stuns still but have good openers, Which are easy to stop for the most part, and unholy won't be op at all, except 2 more necros..oh no!

10+ Year Old Account
    I can possibly make a return for PvP if this is true! Hopefully it is :>

Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    - Gargoyle no longe req the 60 runic power, which is an insanely nice buff.

- Plague Strike put both disceases on the target (Frost Feaver and Blood Plague)

- Conversion now costs 5 Runic Power per second, and heals you for 3% of your health every second. Something i've found REALLY nice on the PTR, as we get runic power from being slowed, your runic power never runs out when getting trained, which means your 3% heals every second never runs out either.

- Strangulate is on a 1 min CD instead of 2 min CD.
    Thank you very much

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Moonkin who gets a buff tells us how awesome the new patch is going to be. You are one of the last classes to need a higher damage output in PvP by a large margin.
    250k starsurge procs obv not strong enough

15+ Year Old Account
    Because they dropped Strangulate to 60s, they also dropped Asyphyxiate to 30 seconds. Against melee comps I think this will also be a strong option - 30 second 5 second ranged stuns are awesome for any class - it could be the peel DKs need to be able to peel melee for Spriests/Locks in Shadowcleave - it could also be useful for any DK comp versus a meleecleave - for responding to enemy burst cooldowns with Asyphixiate into Remorseless Winter.

Generally Strangulate will be a more popular option, and especcially for Ret/DK/Healer - which I think could make a very strong comeback because of the removal of the 60 energy cost on Gargoyle. That allows Ret/Unholy to go full bore out of the gate without waiting for Unholy's traditional ramp-up time. For Ret/DK/Healer, I'd likely recommend mistweaver, or possibly a resto druid or shaman.

A lot of Ret/DK/Disc used to be about the discs ability to offensively contribute - but while Disc may have enough survivability to survive this season - their mana sucks - and they very likely won't have enough mana to contribute much to any comp outside RMP (where they can go drink whenever they want). The loss of mana burn, and the OP-ness of disc in PvE is still hurting pvp disc (not to mention the nerf to phantasm which was intended for Shadow, but is going to ruin disc).

While resto druids are getting nerfed, their cyclones of course don't DR with Repentance against comps where the Ret may need it. However, because it's Ret/DK/Healer - the ret will very likely run Fist of Justice most of the time anyway (leaving the DK running Strangulate) - that could mean that the Repentance school is mostly open - allowing a Mistweaver to Paralysis effectively. The other big advantage of Mistweaver is their mobility/kiting - any healer running with double melee has to be fairly self-sufficient - a Mistweaver should be able to kite mostly effectively enough to allow the Ret/DK to pick their own targets, rather than pick whatever needs to be peeled off the healer (which is how you usually control/beat double melee comps, by deciding who they need to attack for them).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter