Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I have a question about the cannon. The M61 Vulcan Cannon says it has a rate of fire of 6,000 rounds per minute, and the F-22 holds 480 rounds of ammo. At that rate of fire, it would only give you 4.8 seconds of firing before you'd go out of ammo. How does that work in a dogfight situation?
    The idea is short controlled bursts. Altought the gun could in theory dispend it's ammunition in a blink of an eye that is not the idea.

There is an internal limiter that limits bursts to for exemple 80 or less rounds. The idea is to fire that burst as quick as possible to put the 80 rounds into the air simultaniously putting a chunk of lead into the air. A single round is not likely to cause much damage to a jet but 30 or 40 hitting in a cluster will shread stuff.

Imagine it like a shotgun. Altought you only have 5-8 shots when you hit something you take a chunk out of it.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now if only the Iranians can build it so it flies, and does all the other stuff a fighter jet is supposed to do.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

It's no stealth plane, it's a time machine. This was the vessel used to take that monkey into space we heard about earlier, when it came back it had evolved into a different species of monkey, this can only be explained by time travel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    It's no stealth plane, it's a time machine. This was the vessel used to take that monkey into space we heard about earlier, when it came back it had evolved into a different species of monkey, this can only be explained by time travel.
    It's a unicorn lair detector?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a unicorn lair detector?
    Inb4 legions of bronies emigrate to Iran.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Inb4 legions of bronies emigrate to Iran.
    The lair is in North Korea silly.

It has to get into the sky first.
    Haha, great moment to test APAR and SMART-L on that thing. If those can track and destroy fast target drones, a 200 MPH flying piece of junk shouldn't prove anything profoundly hard to target does it?

IE: The F313 (really? Haha, reminds me of Donald Duck stories) is mostly made to humor the west to test there weapon systems at.

Cool. Then screw the F-35, right?
    F-35 is far more advanced than the F-22. It's not even close. The F-22 is a 1990s plane that was delayed into the mid 2000s thanks to politics and Lockheed. The F-35 is a far different bird... scarily advanced in some areas. But it's a product of the mid-late 2000s and early 2010s.

In fact Lockheed is investigating adapating some F-35 technology to the F-22. But the biggest pieces - like the Electro Optical Targeting System and the Helmet-Mounted HUD that allows 360 degree missile firing, won't be.

Furthermore the F-35A and C has an empty space behind the cockpit the size of a large industrial refrigerator that is waiting for tactical laser integration (it's where the lift fan is on the F-35B). F-22 will never have that either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    F-35 is far more advanced than the F-22. It's not even close. The F-22 is a 1990s plane that was delayed into the mid 2000s thanks to politics and Lockheed. The F-35 is a far different bird... scarily advanced in some areas. But it's a product of the mid-late 2000s and early 2010s.

In fact Lockheed is investigating adapating some F-35 technology to the F-22. But the biggest pieces - like the Electro Optical Targeting System and the Helmet-Mounted HUD that allows 360 degree missile firing, won't be.

Furthermore the F-35A and C has an empty space behind the cockpit the size of a large industrial refrigerator that is waiting for tactical laser integration (it's where the lift fan is on the F-35B). F-22 will never have that either.
    F-22 is an effective stealth aircraft, that's all it needs to be. The F-35 is a nicheless piece of crap that has an equivalent aircraft superior in all of its functions save STOVL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

And when this ever so deadly RC plane finally gets into the sky, it will only be shot down by a missile from North Korea made of popsicle sticks that missed its NYC target by a mere 10 thousand miles.

Is this thing like that Chinese stealth fighter they rolled out onto an airstrip and then let people take pictures of it sit there before they rolled it off again?

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Iran recently took the wraps off its Qaher-313 "new super modern fighter plane," seen here nose-on. The quality of the aircraft shown in these pictures is leading some observers to wonder if Iran is playing a joke on the rest of the world. This plane is almost certainly a mock-up, because if it's not—well, look, I can only assume that the country employs at least one aerospace engineer, right? This has to be a joke, right?

http://arstechnica.com/business/2013...lass-airplane/

Any aviation experts here with an opinion? It looks way too small to fly, and why is the writing in English? Real thing or just a big bluff?

-------------------------

Update: This post (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...6#post20202756) shows that the jet has been poorly photoshopped 'in flight'.

Not very stealthy since I can clearly see it....

i belive that iran and israel are the best friends

The ENGLISH words and lack of cockpit space points to it not being a real thing.

---------- Post added 2013-02-16 at 01:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Not very stealthy since I can clearly see it....
    HAH! Clever
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    I had the urge to troll this plane comparing it to the De Havilland Mosquito, which was actually quicker. Unfortunately looking at it the Mosuito wasn't stealth because it detected the engine after passing through the wood, it just had a very small RDC.

If you manage to make an engine are all the other metal components out of something other than metal however. CONGRATULATIONS!!! You have a better stealth plane than Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by Madkitty View Post
    If you manage to make an engine are all the other metal components out of something other than metal however. CONGRATULATIONS!!! You have a better stealth plane than Iran.
    You might be able to do that with ceramics. Especially a jet engine, would be able to run at higher temps than a metal construction too.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-02-17 at 02:10 PM.

Just out of curiosity, can fiberglass survive a sonic boom?
    Only one way to find out!

Get crackin', Iran!
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you can call it a fighter plane. The speeds on it are very slow. Likely a large drone if it can fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    I don't think you can call it a fighter plane. The speeds on it are very slow. Likely a large drone if it can fly.
    That's a pretty big if.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

And then..... the US uses planes they have had hiding in area 51 for 10 years that makes these look like ww2 fighters