Well to be fair they were better team for the majority of the match. And if I was celtic fan I'd have been going nuts over Lichtsteiner, the ref was a waste of space in dealing with him. Looking forward to tomorrow though, utd to win 2-1!

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't think Celtic ever stood much chance against Juventus, who have been impressively strong this season.

Getting excited about tonight's match, got beer in the fridge, come on UNITED!

Celtic had no quality to expose the gaps that Juve was giving them. Really the game was shaped by the early goal though. The result was inevitable after that.

The manhandling is part of the European game, ultimately Celtic do it every weekend to teams in the SPL, it's the way the world works, bigger stronger being harasses smaller weaker being, the referee's job is to stop fouls, not stop play - rough play isn't necessarily a foul, football is after all as much as people want to forget this (and Gareth Bale does his best to try to make us forget it) a CONTACT sport. Celtic might have had possession, but they're not the first team to have the lions share of proceedings yet walk away defeated - not even the first team at the San Giro this season in this competition - ultimately Lennon's fuming because he felt there should have been 2 penalties, sorry, can't rely on the ref to score for you. It was always going to be a difficult ask for Celtic, there's a major difference between a group game where Barca know they'll qualify anyway & a knockout round - Juve were never going to come to Glasgow & be content to get anything other than a solid win, the tie is over now with Celtic needing to score 3 without reply to get to extra time.

United v Real SHOULD be a good game to watch, I've said that about games before and they've turned out to be stale & unimpressive but we'll see, can see this being the sort of tie being decided by one goal either way though.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Can't wait for tonight's game, Real Madrid vs Manchester United. Can't decide what team to support, maybe Real Madrid. What about you guys?

Starting Welbeck against RM (hoping I jinxed it).

15+ Year Old Account
    Come on United!! /excitement

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 09:05 PM ----------

haha and it's Welbeck who scores the opener!!! hahahahaha YEAHHHH

It worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    And around the world there are wild cheers and celebrations.

The bookmakers just made a fortune on that.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Such a fucking beast.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well that lasted long :P

edit: what the crap Fengore why the name change, all mods are changing their names what is this ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    Still got the crucial away goal.

Respect to Cristiano for not celebrating.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 08:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    edit: what the crap Fengore why the name change, all mods are changing their names what is this ;D
    I haven't played WoW in over 18 months, gone back to my standard nickname.

HOLY FUCK, he almost did it again.

15+ Year Old Account
    How does an away goal help here? (honest question!) Are there 2 matches before the quarter finals (so both home and away for both teams)?

How does an away goal help here? (honest question!) Are there 2 matches before the quarter finals (so both home and away for both teams)?
    Yeah, In the case of a draw after 2 games the team with the most away goals win. If no winner can be decided then its extra time and then penalty kicks.

10+ Year Old Account
    The return match is a week next Tuesday, 13 days from now, at Old Trafford.

The score over the two ties determines the winner. If there's a tie, the one with the most away goals wins.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah right okay, I was wondering if there were 2 matches but wasn't completely sure. That gives a little more hope at least, United will of course be more comfortable at home.

Awesome first half.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kagawa has been pretty good so far, he's made some really good passes and runs. Nice to see him in this form, hope to see more of it!

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 09:57 PM ----------

Wut how was that not a foul on Evra? *boggled*

De Gea makes some really strange saves. Effective though. Reminds me of a hockey keeper.