10+ Year Old Account

Cracking joints and such noise.

A sorta quick question, when i move my head and legs after 1 min i get loads of cracking sounds that also feels weird, like when i tilt my head left / right i sorta make ''bang'' sounds, same with my right leg.

Think it has increased lately and i am getting worried.

Info,im 27 and 1,78 tall and 65kg.
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockworks View Post
    A sorta quick question, when i move my head and legs after 1 min i get loads of cracking sounds that also feels weird, like when i tilt my head left / right i sorta make ''bang'' sounds, same with my right leg.

Info,im 27 and 1,78 tall and 65kg.
    can you put those in pounds and feet for those of us who don't want to join the rest of the world in using simple fuckiing measuements that improve by 10s and 100s instead of the system where it traverses by random increments?

Ya, that's weird. I know a guy with very similar weird/cracking sounds.

I mean knew not know, since he's all dead and stuff from bone cancer.

But ya, good luck

Deleted
    Go take proper massage often (they know how often)
    If you sit often take breaks and stretch.

Your weight shouldnt be issue here (which is 5'9 feet and 143 pounds). Do you sit often? How do you eat? Do you drink milk? etc

p.s I got those too, they are not huge things but its clearly sing I sit too much and should go to massage too. "Do as I say, dont do as I do"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    can you put those in pounds and feet for those of us who don't want to join the rest of the world in using simple fuckiing measuements that improve by 10s and 100s instead of the system where it traverses by random increments?
    About 5' 10 and 145lbs for you US ppl out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go to a doctor if its getting worse, don't ask mmo champion forums.
    Aye mate

If it does not hurt, dont worry about it. If it releases tension, feels better afterwards, do it more! Its called being your own chiropractor.

I have had similar for 10+ years. Pretty much every one of my joints cracks either purposely or from natural movement during the course of the day.

Also, very anecdotal, but my 2 years younger brother has arthritis in both his hands from computer use. We are both big computer geeks. Me arguably more so. I regularly crack my fingers. He does not. He has arthritis. I do not.
    Last edited by openair; 2013-02-13 at 10:24 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    I just wanted to say, that I love your post :3

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I just wanted to say, that I love your post :3
    Yeesh, if you want something screwed up, try measuring in stone. Stone is just silly. 1kg is 2.2 pounds. Even I know that. Meters to feet im a bit wonky on, but I have the whole internet infront of me.

But yeah, you probably just need a chairopractor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Go take proper massage often (they know how often)
    If you sit often take breaks and stretch.

Your weight shouldnt be issue here (which is 5'9 feet and 143 pounds). Do you sit often? How do you eat? Do you drink milk? etc

p.s I got those too, they are not huge things but its clearly sing I sit too much and should go to massage too. "Do as I say, dont do as I do"
    Well now days i sit pretty much but otherwise im a active guy outside going many places with my car and in winter time i try to go for many rides with my snowmobile as possible.
    As for milk when i was young i drank aprox 2 - 3L of milk each day...now days i i drink mostly coca cola aprox 0.7 - 1.2L each day or somedays nothing.(not once have i broken a bone).
    Food wise i guess i can do huge things there since i eat when i feel like it and kinda not that many food sorts. usually some basic breakfast in the morning and if im away working i tend to end up with pizza, kebab, hotdogs or burgers most of the time.
    Somedays i don't eat at all, and it does not bother me performance wise or my mood in anyway, i am kinda stable there.
    And yeah sometimes i eat insanely much like 2 - 3 times normal and every day my weight is the same it has been last 6 years...

I would love testing a massage sometime, not done that before and my shoulders and neck is really stiff now days.

Deleted
    Didnt read all posts.
    But unless you get pains with the cracking, you're alright.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    Didnt read all posts.
    But unless you get pains with the cracking, you're alright.
    Yeah no pain at all, but still its weird when my neck sound like a popcorn machine on steroids when i move it from side to side sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    It all depends on how it feels after you crack. if it feels better a bit more wouldn't hurt but don't over do it. You should hear my back after I wake up. I have 4, 4 inch rods on the base of my spine connecting vertebrae and a cage thingy there too (fucked up my back insanely bad from slipping on ice in 2010). It sounds like fucking bubble wrap. What's funny though. Is if I am standing up and I fart and my back cracks where the rods are it sounds like a robot fart all metallic and shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Deleted
    Ok, I have similar problems.
    Now, how can I explain this... at your joints... so your bones meet. At the place where they meet there's cartilage on them. However, that's not all. Around the cartilage and the end of the bone there's a membrane that isolates the area from the rest of the body. Inside, between the cartilage, there's a fluid. If that fluid is not liquid enough (I'd rather not explain what can make it less liquid and more and more gooey, there's tons of factors), the liquid starts to create some problems for the cartilage. Now, as it stands, you won't have any problem for a long time, but this is a sign that when you start going over a certain age, you will have rheumatism. Because the cracking shows that there's either not enough fluid or the fluid is not liquid enough and it's chewing on the cartilage (you feel no pain because there's no blood vessels in the cartilage, and since you're young the cartilage rebuilds itself fast enough so it isn't fully destroyed, once you get past a certain age it won't anymore, and you will end up having bone meet bone and you'll get pains). If you crack once in a blue moon, there's no reason to worry, but if it cracks anytime you move it on a side (have same problem with ankles, no matter how I move them or how many times, they keep cracking) and it cracks, then on the other and again, and so on, then this is the problem. And unfortunately there's not that much you can do.

Deleted
    Well now days i sit pretty much but otherwise im a active guy outside going many places with my car and in winter time i try to go for many rides with my snowmobile as possible.
    As for milk when i was young i drank aprox 2 - 3L of milk each day...now days i i drink mostly coca cola aprox 0.7 - 1.2L each day or somedays nothing.(not once have i broken a bone).
    Food wise i guess i can do huge things there since i eat when i feel like it and kinda not that many food sorts. usually some basic breakfast in the morning and if im away working i tend to end up with pizza, kebab, hotdogs or burgers most of the time.
    Somedays i don't eat at all, and it does not bother me performance wise or my mood in anyway, i am kinda stable there.
    And yeah sometimes i eat insanely much like 2 - 3 times normal and every day my weight is the same it has been last 6 years...

I would love testing a massage sometime, not done that before and my shoulders and neck is really stiff now days.
    Well your food choices dont really directly "cause" it but can be part of it if you dont get enough vitamins and all that.
    1.2L coca-cola each day? Damn, that def aint gonna do good
    Well if you want to, you can start taking some Omega 3, some claim it helps joints and other stuff.

Not really related to this issue but you should start eating bit more healthier than pizza and coca-cola. You still can eat that ofc no need to totally "swear em off forever" but start to eat at least 4-5 fruits/vegetables day and maybe some milk (in moderation obv) or "better drinks" than soda (water water water).
    And not eating is not that great as long as you dont do it often it shouldnt be huge issue..

But yeah, I would suggest deep massage very much. They might then suggest going to doctor or chiropractor if they notice anything bad.
    But generally going to massage often enough and keeping slightly active stuff works. Reduce sitting around if you can.

edit:
    As I said before too, it can be normal. But doing this for years (talking like 20+) might cause some damage you dont want in later life.
    I guess all you can do is stretch when you wake up, go massage, eat bit healthier at least. Really takes 10 mins total per day.
    Last edited by mmocd6ad878d9b; 2013-02-13 at 10:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as you don't have pain while cracking your joints, you have nothing to worry about.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    I can crack about 25 joints in my body through various injuries (sprains, broken bones, dislocations etc), been able to for the past 10 years, it's something to do with the air between them. (From what the doc says, I'm not a scientist, so I can't give an exact reason)

One of my wrists pop each time I move it or bend it. Its done it for a couple years now. I also have a lot of other joints that pop as I move. My ankle, both of my hips, ocassionally my knees, my lower back. There is something that really bothers me. I get these headaches and my neck will hurt, or sometimes my neck will hurt giving me a headache. Once I pop my neck it instantly feels better and I have told multiple doctors who don't seem to concerned with it.

My jaw use to pop a lot. It was really annoying as I would eat. Thankfully it hasn't done that in years.

If you are concerned you should go to the doctor. It could just be as simple as arthritis.

Each of my joints crack in some manner, remember the Simpsons when Bart claims he's gotten detention and written so many lines his wrist sounds like a cement mixer? yeah, that's me right here lol. I've been like it my entire life or at least as long as I can remember, my doctors aren't concerned about it and have gotten different x-rays over the years, I can't speak for you but for me it's been nothing to worry about, if it's really bothering you couldn't hurt to check it out. And if it matters weight shouldn't be a factor i'm 5'1 (1.55? M) and weigh around 90 lbs (41? kg).
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa