Indeed.
    It just literally went Bankai; Minazuki>some random (blood probably) shit and her showing her blade to Zaraki saying "HURRRR I WAS SLEEPING! SO THIS IS FIGHTING HURRDIEDURRRRR". Like, what? How does this make sense?

I admit tho, the part where she says "minazuki" is just, creepy. Assuming it is blood, she seems to make her sword into a whip and seems like a
    Minazuki (肉雫唼, "Purify the Flesh"): It's rather interesting, and it makes more sense about the skeleton part i guess...

But yeah, i really hope they don't kill her off this easily. It was too easy, and especially cause we haven't really seen her bankai... They better don't, cause this is the lamest dead in history of lame deads...
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

This chapter hurt my head.. That's all I can say for now.

Deleted
    This was a really odd chapter, I didn't get a thing from her bankai and I just hope that she didn't die just like that, it's stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    MangaStream translation is out http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/39972534/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridesdel View Post
    MangaStream translation is out http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/39972534/1
    Only now? Been waiting for that for a while...

._.

10+ Year Old Account
    They wait to release until there is another english release on major online readers so that they don't have their stuff up all over the internet, that way if they get a C&D they can comply fast by only having to delete 4 chapters instead of having to hunt around and make requests to every online reader

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    Indeed.
    It just literally went Bankai; Minazuki>some random (blood probably) shit and her showing her blade to Zaraki saying "HURRRR I WAS SLEEPING! SO THIS IS FIGHTING HURRDIEDURRRRR". Like, what? How does this make sense?

I admit tho, the part where she says "minazuki" is just, creepy. Assuming it is blood, she seems to make her sword into a whip and seems like a
    Minazuki (肉雫唼, "Purify the Flesh"): It's rather interesting, and it makes more sense about the skeleton part i guess...

But yeah, i really hope they don't kill her off this easily. It was too easy, and especially cause we haven't really seen her bankai... They better don't, cause this is the lamest dead in history of lame deads...
    Well, according to the Japanese transcript of this chapter that I checked, she actually calls out "卍解,皆尽", of which 皆尽 (Minazuki) means "deplete/exhaust everything" (皆「みん*」+ 尽「つくす」). I guess she called the sword "肉雫唼" (Not sure how this could even remotely be read as "Minazuki" by the way, I guess Kubo has some explanation) in previous chapters then, or the difference in meaning is because her shikai/bankai do different things...

I would also be really dissappointed if she dies here because she has been one of my favourite characters ever since the SS arc. Not to mention we didn't even get to see what the bankai actually does...
    Last edited by mmoc4d2020beea; 2013-02-13 at 09:59 PM.

Did she even do anything in the Soul Society arc? Except she got fooled by Aizens Zanpakto?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Did she even do anything in the Soul Society arc? Except she got fooled by Aizens Zanpakto?
    No she didn't do anything special, I just liked the character and her Shikai + she was the one who noticed that something was wrong with Aizen's corpse.

Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    Well, according to the Japanese transcript of this chapter that I checked, she actually calls out "卍解,皆尽", of which 皆尽 (Minazuki) means "deplete/exhaust everything" (皆「みん*」+ 尽「つくす」). I guess she called the sword "肉雫唼" (Not sure how this could even remotely be read as "Minazuki" by the way, I guess Kubo has some explanation) in previous chapters then, or the difference in meaning is because her shikai/bankai do different things...

I would also be really dissappointed if she dies here because she has been one of my favourite characters ever since the SS arc. Not to mention we didn't even get to see what the bankai actually does...
    Well, i saw it at the bleach wiki site. I self don't know any japanese so

"Bankai: NOTE: UNTIL WE CAN GET A BETTER UNDERSTANDING ON WHAT UNOHANA'S BANKAI ACTUALLY DOES, WE WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINING REQUESTS TO UPDATE THE SECTION, AS SUCH REQUESTS CAN ONLY BE ENTERTAINED THROUGH SPECULATION. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE. "
    Taken from bleach wiki. Been checking all day to see if they knew what her bankai was :P

I hope she pulls a Byakuya. Don't they like, need her in the 'final' battle'?
    Let's just hope next week this stuff is continued and explained properly, and not a jump to Ichigo/Renji...
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I know I'm gunna rage...

I'm expecting next week to cut to Ichigo
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    As much as I know I'm gunna rage...

I'm expecting next week to cut to Ichigo
    I don't think so because of Unohana's bankai. We'll see but I hope it doesn't cut to anything else now.

Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    No she didn't do anything special, I just liked the character and her Shikai + she was the one who noticed that something was wrong with Aizen's corpse.
    That's because she was the captain of the medical shinigami troops, I doubt anyone else even cared to inspect the body.

No seriously, who is gonna be the Captain of the healing division now lol. How much does that suck. "omg I learned my shikai, im gonna be most badass shinigami ever" only to find out your Shikai is a manatee and your destiny is to heal lol...

Well from what i googled, Minazuki (Unohana's bankai release) refers to a month with no water. Which is kind of like a drought. Her blade was completely black, which i think may have been blood. Anyway, it prolly has reiatsu properties which lets her singe flesh and cauterize wounds. When on the offensive, it seeps blood and flesh to the bone (like Skull Zaraki) or smth. I don't think she's died, her bankai will probably let her come back, until Zaraki is a true Kenpachi (cwutididthar).

Other than that, yea.. weird ass chapter

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh don't get me wrong, I REALLY hope that they stick with these battle till it's TOTALLY over, I also really hope that Unohana's Bankai is some kinda godmode self res nonsense, so she can survive this fight (but based on the latest chapter, I don't actually think she WANTS to survive, she sees it as her final task to make Zaraki godmode).

But I know Kubo san too well, he likes to troll us by cutting away from storylines at points JUST like this.

p.s. LOVE the avatar! who is she, totemo kawaii ne

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Deleted
    Agreed. She pretty much wants to lose against Zaraki or atleast knows that she won't be able to keep up at a certain time, but I hope she doesn't just give up and let him kill her so easily like we saw now, assuming that was real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    p.s. LOVE the avatar! who is she, totemo kawaii ne
    I've got no idea. I reversed this image and I got haruaki fuyuno but I don't know what that is and I don't understand the links on Google. :o

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, would be a bit of a downer if after all this time we FINALLY get to see Unohana unleash.... and this is all we get.. I mean she's dropped Bankai! Usually this is accompanied by a long winded exposition explaining just how awesome the Bankai is, and just how fucked the poor fool on the receiving end is... This time? Nada...

They CAN'T leave it like this.... Can they?

Ah well, whoever she is, she's ccuuttee

Well after the travesty that was Ryujin Jakka, I'm not expecting much.

We've been wanting to see the old man's bankai since forever, and find out its just a normal looking katana, that has 4 spells. The effects are cool and all, but I don't think Kubo impacted the readers as much as he wanted to with the "soul society dries up when he releases Bankai". Then again, it might have to do with the fact that Juha Bach completely dominated over Yamamoto. Maybe Kubo was trying to go with some kind of poetic outlook of how "such a simple looking blade is the most powerful fire-type Zanpakutou known to existence"; at least it failed from my PoV.

He's also been VERY reluctant about showing us Kyouraku and Ukitake's bankai's; I have hope for these two yet, no only because dual weild anything looks awesome, but also because Kyouraku's Shikai look BADASS...

With Unohana however, its the same deal, very standard Katana for a Bankai. Maybe it has something to do with bankai mastery, at which point you can start to choose what form you want your sword to be in, regardless of Bankai/ Shikai/ Sheathed. Maybe that's what Ichigo and Renji are going to learn, the secrets within Bankai. Anyway, the visuals of these Bankai so far have been underwhelming at best (except for Ryujin Jakka's undead Army, that was awesome).

10+ Year Old Account
    It's better then Ichigo's Bankai, and he's the main character. It was impressive when it debuted, but now all his opponents are faster anyways, so his Bankai does diddly-squat.

I thought Yamas Bankai was super pro...

And Ichigos Bankai has not yet finished evolving or whatever so...lol jk it broke in half. He better learn that fighting technique Yoroichi uses or ask to borrow Orohimes hair pins lol.